PDA

View Full Version : Adding condition to a cat without it becoming fat?

Soupie
29-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi I have a bit of a dilemma with Quando. At the moment he is not yet two years old (2 in October) and at our show yesterday was up against much more mature cats in the side classes which being British Shorthairs were absolutely massive things (some in my opinion were obese :roll: ) He therefore looks rather weedy besides them!

His open class judge liked him a lot and said he is still a little bit small although his conformation is correct with the heavy hindquarters etc So I now have to try and get him with a bit more condition on and hope he grows! Both he and Portia have adlib food so he is getting as much as he can eat but he is an extremely active cat so there is no spare fat on him all muscle!

I am looking for ideas of what feeds will help build muscle and add condition and whether I should be feeding anything special to help him grow ;)

Currently he is on ad lib Royal Canin Persian and I have the Beauty and Care and the Exigent to try on the Royal Canin advisers suggestion and he has Felix in the morning and HiLife in the evening.

Any ideas?

dinahsmum
30-07-2007, 08:29 AM
No sorry, none.
Maybe other show people would be the best to ask?

Fran
30-07-2007, 09:12 AM
I have a similar dilema with Bliss at the minute. She needs more maturity inorder to stand a chance in the Grand classes. She is still only young and managed to get her Champion in three strainght shows but she's rather 'weedy' and immature looking for the grand classes. Breeders I have spoken to say having a litter will mature her but obviously that's not a possibility for Quando :lol: I am sure Royal Canin do a food which claims to add condition?? I have one of their booklets, I'll take a look at their range and let you know...