PDA

View Full Version : help needed!!

asya
29-07-2007, 12:44 PM
my kitten is doing the toilet everywhere, she uses her litter tray but will use anything else she can find shes even managed to get into the kitchen cuboards and pee all over my rabbit supplies :evil: does anyone have any advise to how i can try and stop her from peeing everywhere!!! thanks

dinahsmum
29-07-2007, 01:00 PM
How old is your baby?
How long have you had her?
Has she ever been 'reliable' at using the litter tray?

asya
29-07-2007, 01:41 PM
shes 11 weeks old weve had her 5 weeks she was ok to begin with as i expected she may have a few accidents but shes gotten worse, ive never had this problem before

dinahsmum
29-07-2007, 01:52 PM
If that's her in your avatar she is a sweetie. It must be very frustrating for you.
It's odd that she was Ok but has gone backwards.
Wonder if she has a urine infection? (I think your post says she's just weeing inappropriately, not pooping?) Have you noticed her squatting lots, or squatting with no result? As she's so young I think I'd take her off to the vet to check she doesn't have a temperature etc.
If she's ruled as 'healthy' then i think I'd go back to basics and keep her in a crate or in one easlily cleaned and catproofed room when I couldn't watch her. Put the litter tray at the oposite end to the food bowls and hope she remembers her training quickly.
I expect there will be other people with their advice coming along soon.

Welcome to the forum by the way. We'd love to talk about this little girl as she grows up

Mags
29-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome to Catsey!:D

You've had very good advice from Dinahsmum, I too, would get her checked over by the vet first just in case there is an underlying reason for this behaviour.

If you get the all clear from the vet, try DM's suggestion of going back to basics with the litter training again .......maybe she just needs a little bit of reminding;)

Do let us know how your little girl gets on....:cool:

dinahsmum
29-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Another simple tip is not to use bleach to clean up - either accidents or the litter trays. The smell is confusing to them and actually encourages them to use that spot. A biological washing powder is a good alternative.
When you clean (wash) the litter tray, keep a tiny bit of used litter back and replace it in the clean tray with the clean litter - just to keep a tiny bit of the natural smell help remind puss where the wee-wee place is.

asya
30-07-2007, 09:48 AM
thanks for your suggestion!yes thats her in the pic with my other cat sleeping behind her, ive been leaving some used litter in to make sure she realises thats where to pee, she had no more accidents yesterday or so far today i watched her for a few hours yesterday and she did use her tray a few times and have told my Oh to stop leaving stuff lying around so she cant be tempted!shes not been having any problems peeing and only poohed once in the rabbits hay,hopefully its just a faze but once shes finished her injections shell be able to go out so hopefully shell just go outside to do the toilet like my older cat.

Elaine
30-07-2007, 09:34 PM
http://wizz-catz.co.uk/soiling.html
This is a good link to look at too. Wizz is very nice should you feel the need to contact her for any practical advice or help.

asya
30-07-2007, 09:54 PM
thankyou ill wait a few more days to see what happens!:)