PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo! Target Weight!

Amber
27-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm so so proud of myself and of Amber - although all she has really done is eat but hey :-D

We started Amber's diet in October 2006. She had been on Iams Light for a few months previously, and to start with she had lost a little weight. After the first few weeks though, her weight just seemed to remain the same. In October, her weight was 6.25kg with her ideal weight being 5kg. I started feeding her on Royal Canin Obesity Management, and the weight has fallen off of her!

She now weighs in at 5.08kg :D almost there!!! I'm so excited about her finally hitting the 5kg mark! When she reaches her target, I am going to change her onto Royal Canin Neutered Cat Young Male. 'Young Male' I hear you cry :-D purely feeding her this because the male is lower in calories than the Young Female.

Mags
27-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Woo hoo!! .....well done Amber!:D

alexgirl73
27-07-2007, 09:46 PM
massive well done to Amber and you !!

dandysmom
27-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Very, very well done to you both! Am I correct in assuming that Amber's not a picky eater? I think Leia's a bit too pudgy, but she absolutely refused to eat the "lite" diet food I got her....

Amber
27-07-2007, 10:59 PM
thanks everyone I'm so pleased :D managed to get there in under a year!

dandysmom - Amber's a funny one with her food, sometimes she's picky, sometimes not. When I first changed her onto the Royal Canin, she would eat it, but would almost bite the kibble in half, and leave it in the bowl for ages. Only when she realised she was getting nothing else did she start to eat it - now she's always moaning at me for more :-D

It's been really hard sometimes - she loves her grub and is always looking in her food bowl, and calling for me, but I've managed to resist those looks and snuggles! She has no treats at all - well maybe a couple of Whiska's Temptations once a week if she's lucky, and absolutely no other food of any kind, tuna, chicken it's all out! She likes the dog food though :-D I've caught her twice in the past month eating his food while he's been in the garden!

mable1718
28-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Well Done Amber