PDA

View Full Version : Hand Washing Clothes

Emm
26-07-2007, 01:02 PM
okay I need some help!

My washing machine has finally given up on me - and I really need to wash some clothes - I can't leave the house to go to my mums to do it because I have too much work on here at the moment. So I have got some hand washing powder - and there are no instructions on how to wash the clothes.

How long do I keep them stewing in the water for? And do I need to scrub them? They aren't dirty as such - please help - honestly I rely on modern technology too much :lol:

Fran
26-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Blimey, I wouldn't know where to begin if I had to hand wash :shock: Do hope someone is more helpful than I am :roll:

Emm
26-07-2007, 01:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have left them soaking at the moment - you would think they would put instructions on the box :roll: :lol:

alexgirl73
26-07-2007, 01:41 PM
here you go Emm

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-hand-wash-your-laundry

Emm
26-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the link - I'm now educated and it gave me a good laugh too :lol:

I'm a bit worried though cause it says to leave to soak for a few minutes - mines have been soaking for about an hour now :shock: - off to do some hand washing - hopefully I have not shrunk all the clothes :lol:

Mags
26-07-2007, 02:11 PM
That's a good link Alex....saves me from explaining to Emm! ;)

I still hand wash most of my jumpers even though they say they can be machine washed....:roll::lol:

Emm
26-07-2007, 02:52 PM
oh I don't know how you do it Mags. I've just washed and wrung out 2 bath towels, a jumper, a t-shirt and a pair of jeans - my arms are aching :lol: I hate to think what the neighbours thought as I hung the towels over the whirlygig to drain them :lol:

charliebubs
26-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Hahaha!!!! That video was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!!!! :)

Thanks Alex and Emm for the entertainment!! lol

I have to say as well that her rubber gloves looked filthy :(

Emm
26-07-2007, 03:07 PM
those rubber gloves have definately been well used :lol:

alexgirl73
26-07-2007, 04:14 PM
lol, glad you liked the link!!