PDA

View Full Version : Cleo 1982 - 24th July 2007

Kazz
24-07-2007, 12:19 PM
It is with a sad heart and bleary eyes, but also a smile. I have to tell you all Cleo was PTS this morning at 10.20am she was always a good cat. I
will try to update more later, just so you know as I know you all thought a lot of her for which I will be forever grateful - she did not suffer in any way, she went peacefuly in my arms at the vets knowing no fear and no pain.
Please smile when you remember her my "little 'en" a ordinary ginger and white moggie.

Karen

Fran
24-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh Karen, I'm so sad to read this news :( What a very special girl she was and how lucky you both were to have found each other and spent so many happy years together.

RIP sweet Cleo, have fun chasing butterflies with Oscar over the Bridge x x x

Mags
24-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh Kazz, that has come as a awful shock to me :( I'm so very, very sorry to hear that and I know how much she meant to ........... and also to us here on Catsey.

Cleo was a wonderful, dear and much loved lady who had a place in everyone's heart ........ we will all miss her her deeply..:cry:

I know you would never have let her suffer Kazz and I admire you for having the strength to give her a dignified rest. She will now be united with her dear brother Oscar at the Bridge and they will be together again forever..

Take care Kazz, thinking of you lots at this sad time... (((((((hugs))))))) xxx

Sleep peacefully dear Duchess, we all loved you.... xxx
RIP

charliebubs
24-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Oh Kazz, I'm so sorry to read this. I had no idea it was coming.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. She was a very much loved little girl and she will never be forgotten.

RIP Cleo - play hard at the Bridge baby.

Donna
24-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Am sat at my desk at work crying :-(

RIP Cleo x

Kazz
24-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Thank you all very very much. I am not sure what quite to do without her sleeping on my computer chair, I am at a loss. It was the right choice, and no matter how hard it is she is at peace and thats enough for me.

MrsH
24-07-2007, 12:44 PM
They leave a big hole when we have to say goodbye, your heart is heavy but the good memories are there as well. Take care of yourself.

Chase the sunbeams at the Bridge. xxx

Tom
24-07-2007, 12:46 PM
RIP Cleo xxxxxxx

Moli
24-07-2007, 12:52 PM
So very sad to hear this Kazz, she was very special girl to all of us, and she had a wonderful life....Thoughts and Hugs with you....xx

dinahsmum
24-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Oh Kazz - big hugs to you my dear; what an enormous hole there will be in your life.
But - what a bundle of memories you have of that girl, from a poor pathetic waif, to the beautiful 'Duchess'. I can't feel sad for Cleo - she had a wonderful life. I will join you in a sniff though, if that's alright. Take care xxxxx

Edit: This is for you Kazz, from us all http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1248370175101&source=jl999 (http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1248370175101&source=jl999)

Kim
24-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh Kazz, I am so, so sorry, you must be so lost & empty. I can't feel sad for Cleo though - what an age and such a wonderful life!!! I will really miss hearing about her on Catsey and the lovely photos. Take care & ((hugs)) to you. xx

PS I feel very tearful too.

charliebubs
24-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I've just been reading back through some of your threads about Cleo. I love the one about her eating your chocolate eclair!!!! I thought that memory might bring a smile to your face, Kazz. :)

Emm
24-07-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Cleo - I'm trying not to cry but its really difficult. I know I never met her but I do feel like I know her so well.

She was so incredibly lucky to have you as her mum - and I think she had a life a lot of cats would be very jealous of. Her spirit will always be with you.

RIP Cleo xxx

Erin
24-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh Kazz Im so so sorry to har about this.

RIP Beautiful Girl xxx
((((hugs)))) for you kazz xxx

Kazz
24-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Thank you all very much you have no idea how much it means. And I don't have the words to say anything more than Thank you.
Please try to smile when you think of her. Thank you. Karen

alexgirl73
24-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh Karen!! I am sitting here with tears running down my face. I, like the others, had no idea this was coming and feel so much for you right now. You have given her the final gift you could, that of a peaceful end! I'll be thinking of you ((HUGS))

RIP Sweet Cleo, go and wait with Oscar on the bridge xxx

Kazz
24-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Alex there was no point worrying you all saying this was on my mind. What is the point of making people sad...none at all. So sorry this has been a shock to everyone.

Take care and don't be sad for long she has lived a happy life better than thousands who are mistreated/unloved.

Karen

mable1718
24-07-2007, 03:41 PM
oh kazz i am so sorry to hear this but im glad she had a lovely life

run free to the little bridge cleo

(((((((((((((((((((huge hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

dandysmom
24-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh Karen, I can hardly type for crying; what a shock...I know she had a long, wonderful life with the best mum she could have had; but what a hole in your heart now. We will miss her also, and your funny little stories of her, and the pictures. She's at peace now on the Bridge with Oscar....many many (((hugs)); RIP beloved Cleo...

kado
24-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I am so very sorry for you. I also have tears running as well

R I P Cleo

jane

Kazz
24-07-2007, 04:16 PM
The point is she was and always will be loved, she never knew a voice raised in anger or that a hand was for anything but than to comfort....thats a good life.

Karen

EmmaG
24-07-2007, 05:35 PM
RIP Cleo, one of the most beautiful cats I have had the pleasure to draw and see inside her soul.

Take care Karen I know how much she means to you. xxxxx

Kazz
24-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Thank you Emma. Although her soul was not as good as it could have been - I mean coming to bed when soaking wet, then snuggling up is not being kind - to us mere humans.

EmmaG
24-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Thank you Emma. Although her soul was not as good as it could have been - I mean coming to bed when soaking wet, then snuggling up is not being kind - to us mere humans.

Ah I think she was mearly testing you Karen, she just needed to know that you would never hurt her. ;)

Elaine
24-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Oh Karen, I am deeply saddened by the news and very sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you chum xxx

Sleep well dear sweet Cleo, you are always loved nationwide. R.I.P. sweetheart xxx

tilly
24-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I am shocked and sadden to hear of your loss Karen. I am sorry the Cleo has left us and gone to the bridge. She lived a full and happy life and will be missed but has left a treaure trove of happy memories in her wake.

Sally

Jac
24-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh Kazz what a shock. I'm trying to type this with a lump in my throat bleary eyes and snot coming down my nose (smile).

She had a wonderful life with you and as everyone has said we all felt like we knew her. She was a special Catsey girl. The oldest of the bunch. I know the hurt and loss you are feeling, that so quiet house. Please take care, were all here for you. you showed her the final act of love and let her go gracefully.

Cleo, play with Oscar at the bridge. We are all thinking of you. R.I.P

random
24-07-2007, 09:03 PM
So sorry to hear about wee Cleo. :(

Run free beautiful girl. x

yola
24-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Oh no . . Karen, I'm so very sorry you've lost your soul mate of so many years . Only you would know what was best for her and we are here to support your decision and smile (kind of) and cry (big time) with you. I don't know you personally nor had I never met Cleo but I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face feeling your loss with you.

There was something in your posts of late . . . the hankering after a new cat to help you through this that kind of gave clues . . .forgive me if I'm way off the mark but I just thought that there was something there.

Lots of love to you at this impossibly difficult time my friend.

sarahd
25-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Thinking of you at this sad time Karen. I didnt have the honour of knowing the wonderful Cleo being fairly new to Catsey but i can see she made a very big impact and will be deeply missed. Like the others said you made the final selfless act to give her the dignity she needed on her final journey and she will now be at rest and peaceful.

RIP special girl and play hard on the Rainbow Bridge.

Sarah
x

Luke
25-07-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm ever so sorry Karen, yet not upset if you get what I mean? She lived a quarter of a century, knowing only your love..tbh, i don't think most midland moggies could wish for a better life than she had!
Be proud you cared for her so well that she got to such a grand age:D

Samz5
25-07-2007, 10:22 AM
So sorry to hear about Cleo.
She was very lucky to have you give her such a good life.

janey83
25-07-2007, 11:50 AM
So sorry to hear this sad news. R.I.P Cleo

Kazz
25-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Thank you all very very much.

whiskey
25-07-2007, 10:26 PM
im so sorry to hear this:( play hard at the bridge little girl.reunited with your brother at last

Het
26-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh Kazz....how sad. But if it has to happen then it is the best way to go, peacefully and knowing that she was truly loved...and you got to say your goodbyes which eases things a little. And it must be nice to know that lots of others knew and loved her through Catsey, and can share the memories with you.
xx Het

sammy
26-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Only just caught up with this. So very sorry to hear about Cleo, it's very hard when they've been part of your life for so long - I know when I lost my 20 yr old I felt like I'd lost an arm....:cry:

At least you can console yourself that she had a long and happy life with you, and that you knew when to let her go.

Take care.xxx

Kazz
03-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Thank you all very much.

smudgley
04-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Sorry I wasn't here for you when this happened Kazz.
What a shock for me to come back to. :(
I am deeply sorry Kazz. I don't know what to say except I hope my cats are as happy and live for as long as your cats have.

Take care Karen.