PDA

View Full Version : At the Vet tonight

Jac
23-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Hello all
OK Abi has a tempreture, not as bad as Caspurr had but it is up. Her eye's are very sore so she has more AB's and eye cream.
Caspurr is doing great, no tempreture but his eye's are a wee bit crusty. So I will continue washing them and putting in cream.

The Vet is 100% sure Caspurr had the virus when I got him. I have to contact the breeder (which I have done but got her answering machine twice) The vet has also phoned but her call has not been returned. My Vet said if the breeder wanted to call her she would gladly speak to her.

Now my Vet is certain that once Caspurr is over this bout hw wont get it again:D . She has spken to the people that make the vaccine and they have advised to leave him for another couple of weeks then vaccinate again from the start.

Abi, the good news is semingly there is no reason why later I cant breed from her. Only I should get her teasted first.
So It's not all doom and gloom as it first seemed.

The breeder. I think she should give me the money back I paid for a healthy kitten. I did not get that. Also I will try for Abi's vet bill but I dont hold much hope.
If she doesn't respond to my phone calls. all I said was I'd like her to call me back. Then I'll email her. If no responce I'll report her.

How does that sound?

Jane
23-07-2007, 08:50 PM
There's some good news then, atleast your babies seem to be getting better and hopefully Caspurr wont get it again. Good luck contacting the breeder and I hope the kitties continue to improve xx

charliebubs
23-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Gosh, Jac :) I'm so pleased to hear that you're sounding more positive tonight and that the vet has shown you the light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree that you should keep trying the breeder and leaving messages for her. If she doesn't respond within the next few days then I would be tempted to write to her formally (a letter rather than an email) setting out the events, what your vet has said and the costs that you have incurred. I would also include Abi, as if Caspurr had been 100% healthy there would never have been vets fees for Abi, so it's been a knock on effect.

I also think that an email to TBRCC and GCCF reporting the situation would be a very good idea.

I'm happy to help draft anything if you want me too (it worked with the windows didn't it!! lol) :)

The main priority is getting your furbabes fit and well.

Hugs to you all :)

alexgirl73
23-07-2007, 09:00 PM
That news is so much more positive Jac! I am very, very pleased for you! I think that you are going the correct way with the breeder, giving her every opportunity to respond to you and if she doesn't then sue the moo!!!

Jac
23-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Charlie can I take you up on that? You did so well with the windows. I cant write a letter for toffee.:-D and I'll get in touch with the authority's too. (with your help;);) )

Alex so eloquently put.:lol:

dandysmom
23-07-2007, 09:14 PM
What great news, Jac! I imagine the breeder knows good and well why you're calling!! I think Charlie has brought up a very good point about a real letter, not e-mail. And well done Charlie for your offer to help!!

alexgirl73
thank you, I rather liked that myself lol!

charliebubs
Charlie can I take you up on that? You did so well with the windows. I cant write a letter for toffee.:-D and I'll get in touch with the authority's too. (with your help;);) )

Alex so eloquently put.:lol:

Of course Jac - no problem :)

Not tonight tho - I've already got a glass of red on the go ;) I'll draft something tomorrow and email you.

Jac
23-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks Charlie. At least you know what your talking about. Not a lay man like me. Your a star.
Oh just to let you all know the pair of them are play fighting at the moment.
I also bought them a bubble gun today. Caspurr loves it but Abi's not sure. There again if she's feeling iffy. Will get some photo's tomorrow.

Tom
23-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Awww things are looking up, Jac! :D

And I agree your being very fair to the breeder not that she deserves it though...

Good luck with getting in touch with her!

Tom xxx

Mags
23-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm so pleased things are looking brighter for you and your babies Jac. The news from the vet must be a huge relief to you, for her to say that she is pretty certain once Caspurr gets over this he won't get it again is wonderful!:D

Hopefully you will hear from the breeder soon....... if she is a decent breeder she will call you back.;)

Mags
23-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Oh, and Jac ......if it comes to writing her a letter, make sure you keep a copy of it;)

Fran
23-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Oh I am so pleased to hear this news Jac!!! :D

Jac
23-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Cheerse Tom

yola
23-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Jac, delighted to read that prognosis is not all doom n gloom . . . Charlie, that's a lovely thing for you to offer to do. You're a good mate :D

sarahd
23-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi Jac
So pleased to hear that there is good news at last from the vets. Hopefully Abi will soon be over her temperature and on the road to recovery.
If I can help in away also you know where i am just call. I will do whatever i can to help.
Give Abi a big kiss for me and of course Caspurr too, dont want him feeling left out.

Thinking of you all
Sarah
x

tilly
24-07-2007, 12:29 AM
So glad that both of them are on the mend and it isn't a permenant problem.

Sally

Jac
24-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Sarah, Just a thought I may need to ask you for a letter or something tp prove Abi has never needed to go to the vet for sticky eye's ect.
Although Caspurr was showing signs of the Virus when we brought Abi home and at the time he was the only cat she may try to blame Abi.

Kazz
24-07-2007, 02:44 PM
It sound much more positive - thinking of you Jac.

Jac
24-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Well still no return phone call from the breeder. I'm not really expecting her to call to be honest.

Unfortunately my wee Caspurr has started to sneeze a lot again. Popping into the Vet to pick up more AB's for him tomorrow. She's quite happy just to leave them for me. If I feel he's getting a temp she will see him, even if it's out of hours.

Abi is doing brilliant. Her eyes are so much clearer today it's amazing.

Thanks for all your support guys. Talking to you all really does help.

sarahd
24-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi Jac
Thats no problem whatsoever. If you need a letter just ask and i will get one done to you straight away. Let me know asap though as i am away on Saturday for two weeks and would hate to think you needed it and i wasnt around. Do you want me to do you one just in case and then you have it to fall back on if needs be?

Abi hasnt been to the vets for anything since i got her other than a routine check up which you are advised to get after the breeder hands them over.

So glad to hear Abi is doing so well. Such a shame little Caspurr has had this minor setback. Hopefully once his little body gets back on top of things he will cope much better with it.

Speak soon
Sarah
x

Jac
25-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Sarah that would probably be a good idea if your going away. That way I can be on top of the situation if need be. Thanks.

mable1718
25-07-2007, 07:56 AM
kk im just catching up so good news jac

random
25-07-2007, 11:34 AM
That is brilliant news Jac! Absolutely great. And I agree you should push her for a refund and for the vet bills.