PDA

View Full Version : Nearly got another cat - so close.

Kazz
23-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Tonight I got so very very close to getting another cat - I took some stuff round to the rescue (small independant) and met a lovely BW cat this is his picture and his story.
It is self explanitory why I could not take him. Especially as my two can be boisterous but would not harm anything.
But hope he has a better turn of luck. I enquired of the fosterer and got back an email form the lady who rehomes, this is how it reads oh and a picture.

Wanderer.
18 month old Black and White Male

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/17_thumb_wanderer.30.png

Hello Karen
Thank you very much for showing interest in Wanderer and for the lovely items you have supplied us with recently we really do appreciate it.
You sound ideal,but sadly we will not be able to place him in a home with dogs it has taken over 5 months to get him to this stage and we would not like to risk all that by trying.
Wanderer is thought to be just over a year old and has had a tough start in life as he was living as a stray and was rescued when he was found being kicked around as a football.

Wanderer would be suited to a one person home, no other pets and def no dogs as he has been attacked by dogs in the past or dogs set upon him. His ideal home would be with a laid back older cat who can show him life and people are not so bad.
He is very friendly and becoming moreso - he likes lot of attention and follows his fosterer from room to room and happily spends the rest of his time in his basket as he is an indoor cat with limited vision (due to violent attacks) – tending to bump into things! He also has lost some of his teeth due to attacks and can sometimes try to hide in the smallest of places.

Thank you, and please in future consider one of our cats, you do sound ideal. Pam.

See why I would have taken him. Karen :(

Mags
23-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Aww Kazz, he would have melted my heart too :) He's a lovely boy who deserves lots of love and happiness now to make up for those horrible incidents he has been through...:(

I can certainly see why you came very close to having him!

Samz5
23-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Aw poor Wanderer, I would have wanted him too.

Moli
23-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Bless him, he would have had a perfect life with you Kazz, hope he finds a new home soon...I can see why he appealed to you, he is a lovely boy...

Kazz
23-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah I am a sucker. Just re-read it I am going back and deleting the things about me. Soz.

alexgirl73
23-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Aww, poor, poor baby! I can so understand why you were so taken with him Kazz. let's hope he finds that perfect home very soon.

dandysmom
23-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Awww, I hope Wanderer gets a lovely forever home; what a horrible life he's had previously......:(

Fran
23-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Gosh reading that, I am wishing that I didn't have any other cats or dogs so that I could take him myself :( Poor Wanderer :( Is there anywhay you will be able to learn of his fate Kazz??

charliebubs
23-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Poor little man - what a horrible start in life he has had. He does need someone to teach him that people can be lovely. I can so see why you were tempted, Karen. I would have been too.

I hope he finds a lovely forever home soon.

Kazz
23-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I have considered letting the dogs go - joke :) but apparently its not in his best interest. If I had only Sal I may have been tempted to push but the two of them can be a little over powering sometimes especially Tess she gets so excited.
But after chatting on the phone to the lady I understand he would really not be suited to a home with dogs at all really unless an quiet or elderly one.

Karen

Elaine
23-07-2007, 09:06 PM
I can totally see why you would have stated an interest, poor Wanderer. I dont think I'll ever be able to fathom how or why people can be so cruel and callous, not to mention calculating.
I do hope Wanderer finds his ideal forever home very soon xxx

Kazz
23-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Ta all I think myself he would ahve fitted in here but never mind, such a shame for him he was so purrey....is that a word purrey?????????

Moli
23-07-2007, 09:25 PM
;) Ta all I think myself he would ahve fitted in here but never mind, such a shame for him he was so purrey....is that a word purrey?????????
It is a word now!;)

Jac
23-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Awww poor wee man. I hope he gets the home he deserves really soon. Kazz I can see why you were tempted.

yola
23-07-2007, 10:24 PM
What a poor sweet boy. He will find a home where he will be shown love and care, thank heaven he's around for a second chance . . . bless his lovely heart. I can see why you were touched by him Karen.

dinahsmum
24-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Poor boy - I hope he finds his purrfect home.
I can see exactly why you fell for him.
(Maybe, if no-one comes forward, and you keep in contact with the rescue, they would reconsider. Your girls are astute and cat-friendly; I wouldn't be at all suprised if they worked out that wanderer would have to be treated gently and allowed to gain his confidence)