PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrr - freecycle ad :(

charliebubs
23-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Just got this on my local Freecycle emails :evil:

Does this woman not realise that by having a 2 year old entire male she is assisting in the over-population of cats and kittens. It makes me mad!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

It's cat owners like that who create problems for the rest of us with our cats getting into fights and pregnant (in Lily's case). :shock:

I was going to reply and give her a piece of my mind, but thought that may not help :(

Hiya we have two cats that unfortunatly we can no longer care for.
Idealy i would like them to go together as they are very loving and i
think they would miss each other! Really they need a catflap, they are
toilet trained but if they couldnt come and go when they like they
would prob mess!

Female- Molly she is about 4-5 years old, short haired tortise shell
and has been spayed.

Male- Stanley (molly's son) he is 2 years old, short haired ginger and
white tabby and hasnt been done.

They are both really lovely and we will be gutted to see them go but a
combination of second baby on the way lack of time money etc we cant
give them the loving home they need and its not fair.

Thanks Veronica

Mags
23-07-2007, 03:59 PM
I agree with you Charlie, having an entire tom roaming around is very irresponsible.

The same goes for an adult unspayed female that is allowed to roam, surely people are educated enough these days to know that she is bound to get pregnant sooner or later :roll:

I hope for the sakes of those two cats, someone will offer them a home with the first job being to get the tom seen to. Better still, the owners should get it done before rehoming!:cool:

dandysmom
23-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Irresponsible owners like that make me very annoyed! Don't they ever think of the consequences? Sigh .........

alexgirl73
23-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I didn't even know you could advertise pets on freecycle!!!! Poor cats, I hope they end up somewhere they can be cared for properly!

Moli
23-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Why can't she have him neutered before rehoming, totally irresponsible!!!:mad:

CathyW
23-07-2007, 09:26 PM
when we had our 2 done, we got help from the rspca, they gave us vouchers and it cost us £10-00 per cat. so if shes short of money theres no excuse really.

Jac
23-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Some people are just total prats. :twisted:

charliebubs
23-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Some people are just total prats. :twisted:

LOL :) Well said Jac!!! :-D

sammy
24-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I didn't even know you could advertise pets on freecycle!!!! Poor cats, I hope they end up somewhere they can be cared for properly!

As far as I know Alex, you aren't supposed to put animals on there, it's certainly strictly forbidden on my local ones.

charliebubs
24-07-2007, 12:55 PM
As far as I know Alex, you aren't supposed to put animals on there, it's certainly strictly forbidden on my local ones.

You are allowed, but they are meant to be approved by a moderator first. I'm not sure this one was though :?