PDA

View Full Version : Very angry yesterday

Samz5
23-07-2007, 11:03 AM
We went out yesterday and as we returned and pulled into the shared car park we saw next doors little boy (about 7) and the girl from 2 doors up (about 9-10) shotting Domino with bb guns and laughing :evil:.
I was so angry, my b/f didn't even park the car just stopped where we were and we both got out, the kids first said 'we didn't mean to hit it' :roll: to which I said 'YES you did we saw you and you were laughing', then they both looked absolutley terrified and said sorry, b/f said are you really sorry and they said yes (you could tell by the looks on their faces they were).
They were told they would be in big trouble if they ever did it again and we left it at that, I don't think they would dare do it again. Even though both me and b/f were very angry we were very calm with them, didn't shout and we weren't nasty.

I don't really think those kind of toys are right for young kids, there is no way my 7 year old brother would be aloud something like that, but I know next door they go hunting and are all used to guns, but still a 7 year old is obviously not responsible enough. Will have a word with the mum next door next time I see her.
Domino was fine, just a bit freaked out, poor thing doesn't get a lot of luck.. but at least he's got us to stick up for him now.

dinahsmum
23-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I think you were very restrained in the circumstances :?

it saddens me greatly when children don't appreciate animals and try to hurt them rather than look after them

Tom
23-07-2007, 11:26 AM
OMG I can't believe that. :shock: :shock: :shock: People who carry guns around even if they are fake bb guns will be arrested no doubt about it. Not sure what the age is to be arrested? They were probably too young but I'm sure if the police had come past they would have confiscated the guns and taken the kids home.

Mags
23-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I have to admit that I don't know what a bb gun is :?

No child should be allowed to torment, let alone hurt an animal...:mad: It was good of you both to keep your cool but I would definitely make a point of having a word with their parents, they need to learn now or goodness knows what they will do when they get to teenagers....:roll:

Tom
23-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Mags, a bb gun is just a gun that fires little round yellow plastic bullets and can be quite painful actually...

Mags
23-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Mags, a bb gun is just a gun that fires little round yellow plastic bullets and can be quite painful actually...
Thanks for explaining Tom ........ that sounds a bit dangerous to be in the hands of children :?

What has happened to the cap guns you used to get years ago? They were a lot safer and more fun!

Donna
23-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Hmmmm, my ex bought my kids BB guns and I was horrified!!! Know they would never shoot at animals as they are caring kids, but know accidents can happen..... worried about them hurting themselves and also the worry of this gun being seen as a real gun can land the kids into a lot of bother....

Both my kids know how I feel about these guns and they are not allowed in my house. Think the novelty has worn off for them anyway.

alexgirl73
23-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Sam I commend you for your restraint, 'cause I think I would have lost the plot with the little sods!!! What is going on with kids when they think it is perfectly ok to go around hurting animals!!!

dandysmom
23-07-2007, 04:36 PM
I''m in awe at your restraint too! I would have gone ballistic! Tom said bb guns shoot plastic...here they shoot actual metal pellets and can do quite a bit of harm...people have been known to lose an eye!!! NOT a toy for children!

Samz5
23-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Well I think they learned there lesson, they did look very scared when we told them off, and we saw the girl today, going off for a bike ride with her mum and she looked very sheepish when she spotted us. :twisted:
As for being restrained - well I'm famous for it, I have a very long fuse, but when that fuse runs out you will know about it. :lol:

Kazz
23-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I have a long fuse the longest fuse in the world but look sideways at Cleo and you're dead meat.

Glad all is well,

dandysmom
23-07-2007, 07:58 PM
[quote=Samz5;404053]Well I think they learned there lesson, they did look very scared when we told them off, and we saw the girl today, going off for a bike ride with her mum and she looked very sheepish when she spotted us. :twisted:
As for being restrained - well I'm famous for it, I have a very long fuse, but when that fuse runs out you will know about it. :lol:[

Sam, are you a Taurus also? That's typical!! :-D

yola
23-07-2007, 10:12 PM
So sorry you and your cat (and b/f) had to experience that :-( I have very uncompromising views on gun ownership . . . i.e., completely illegal and NO concessions to that. I know that is not the given view in 99.9% of the USA and 50% of the UK . . . but anyone who allows their children to use or own guns is nothing short of a criminal in my book (sorry Donna). I won't even let Dominik have any kind of plastic toy gun or weapon I hate them, they do too much damage and instill agression that need never be there either in adults or children.

Animagus
23-07-2007, 10:17 PM
how cruel.... I woulda lost the plot at them.... then gone storming around to their houses and lost the plot there too.... my son was allowed plastic guns but he knew that they were toys and that the real things were dangerous and bad.

dandysmom
23-07-2007, 10:58 PM
So sorry you and your cat (and b/f) had to experience that :-( I have very uncompromising views on gun ownership . . . i.e., completely illegal and NO concessions to that. I know that is not the given view in 99% of the USA9. and 50% of the UK . . . but anyone who allows their children to use or own guns is nothing short of a criminal in my book (sorry Donna). I won't even let Dominik have any kind of plastic toy gun or weapon I hate them, they do too much damage and instill agression that need never be there either in adults or children.
Not quite that bad, Yola! There are many of us who are for very strict gun controls. but the NRA had a incredibly strong lobby.......:( Here in Washington we have very strict gun laws (no ownership!!), and they are now trying to get it overturned....sigh...
The criminals have no problems getting them...

Jac
24-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I think if it had been me I would have made them shoot each other to see how it felt!!!!! I'm gobsmacked that a parent would give a 7 year old child such a thing. totally irresponsible.

mable1718
24-07-2007, 03:44 PM
im glad domino is ok sam

babycakes
28-07-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm with Yola.I cannot understand why anyone would want to buy their child a bb gun what do they think they are going to shoot? and why would you want them to? if parents played with their children more rather than expect them to make their own amusement then the world would be safer for people and their animals. It is only through boredom that children look for excitment in the wrong places.

Amie
29-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm sure the repulsive 12 years old that put a Air rifle pellet into my Cats spine and killed her started off with a BB Gun.

Why people allow there Children to have any sort or Gun is beyond me:(

sarah5
30-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Jeeze this is awful I can't believe kids would do that.. well actually I can which is really sad :( I think you were very restrained, I would have ballistic if I caught anyone doing that to either of my cats :evil: Lets hope they chuck away that awful gun grrrr.