PDA

View Full Version : Morsey's stud house in progress, featuring Claude!

Fran
22-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Well Morsey's stud house has been quite a big undertaking. First hubby had to put a window in as there wasn't one at that end of our back porch, all the windows are at the other end :roll: He had to build a wall and put an internal door in so we can gain access to him from the other part of our porch. Then he had to install a cat flap, through the wall as there is no door to the outside area. The roof space had to be insulated and a false floor put in so that insulation could be put in there too. A coat of plaster was necessary and finally today, I have been able to paint it! Just the cushion floor to lay, shelves to put in and heater to put up and it's done!! The outside run is half done too. So shouldn't be long before he'll be able to throw his moving in party :-D

Here's a couple of piccies..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Morseyshouse002.jpg

Claude overseeing matters!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Morseyshouse003.jpg

and checking out the catflap, to ensure it's up to standard. He was a little miffed to find that it's just a standard size not like the bigger catflap he is used to :roll:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Morseyshouse007.jpg

Jac
22-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Looking good Fran. Men do have there uses don't they?:lol: :lol:

charliebubs
22-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Very flash, Fran!!!!!

I'd say that it's definitely suitable for Morse to "entertain" the ladies in!!!! lol :):):)

Moli
22-07-2007, 07:39 PM
That is brilliant PK, better than a 5 star hotel, sure Morse will love it...
Lovely to see Claude inspecting it all!;)

dandysmom
22-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Tres elegant bachelor pad!!! What a good job your OH has done! Nice to see the Inspector General checking things out.......

Donna
22-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Its looking very neat and tidy. Does he spend all day in there? Not sure how these things work when you breed.

Sorry if this question sounds daft!

alexgirl73
22-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Lovely shade of blue paint too Fran! Very atmospheric for those evenings in lol!!!

Mags
22-07-2007, 08:27 PM
It looks lovely Fran and you and hubby have taken a lot of trouble to make sure Morse will be comfy in there ......well done!:D

Fran
22-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Its looking very neat and tidy. Does he spend all day in there? Not sure how these things work when you breed.

Sorry if this question sounds daft!

It's not a daft question at all Donna, many people wouldn't know what was involved with keeping a stud cat.

Once he gets to an age where he is showing his 'manly tendencies' :shock: He'll have to go and live in his house. He will have access to his outdoor run (via the catflap) which will have a roof on it so even in the rain he will be able to enjoy the fresh air. My plan is that every day at some point, I will shut the entire girls away in another part of the house and let him in with me and the unentire cats for a while, so that he doesn't get lonely (This is of course unless he starts to spray badly in the hous). Plus which, I'm considering letting Porsha live in his house with him as they are very bonded :cool:

Jac
22-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Fran that's so nice. I'll bet Porsha will love it. I hatte to think of stud cats living alone.

mable1718
22-07-2007, 08:53 PM
looking good fran

dandysmom
22-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Fran, will he be at stud to other queens, or is he just for your own breeding program? Probably another daft question,,,,,,

Tom
22-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Looking good! ;) ( I mean Claude! ;) :-D)

Fran
22-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Fran, will he be at stud to other queens, or is he just for your own breeding program? Probably another daft question,,,,,,

Not a daft question at all Eileen!

He is at closed stud which means he is just for my own girls, however, his contract states that his breeder may use him if she so wishes....

dandysmom
23-07-2007, 01:54 AM
What I was wondering was, not to put it crudely, but is that enough. erm, activity for a healthy young male? Won't he get frustrated?

Fran
23-07-2007, 07:34 AM
What I was wondering was, not to put it crudely, but is that enough. erm, activity for a healthy young male? Won't he get frustrated?

I am hoping my girls will be enough for him Eileen, I guess it's a case of wait and see how he is when the time comes. If I find that he is unhappy as a stud boy, then I'll rethink the situation ;)

sarahd
23-07-2007, 05:27 PM
His house looks brilliant Fran and very classy. Love the shade of blue very manly

Sarah
x