PDA

View Full Version : Seen Photos From My Car Crash

Amber
20-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I just didn't realise quite how bad it was! I mean I knew that half of the front had gone but just to see it now brings it all back :( I know now what the guy at the garage meant when he said that he couldn't believe he was able to talk to the driver of that car - I lost my nan just a couple of months prior to my accident - I really think she must have been looking over me that day!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/T4ASnowdon/File0020.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/T4ASnowdon/File0019.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/T4ASnowdon/File0017.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/T4ASnowdon/File0015-1.jpg

yola
20-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Good Lord - that's very frightening :shock: You are lucky that today's cars have many safety features . . . I remember seeing a friend's car that she'd rolled on a muddy road and wondering how she ever got out alive.

Thing is, you don't realise quite how bad it is when it's actually happening. I'm pleased you're OK though.

Mags
20-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Goodness Amber, I would say you have been very, very lucky that you weren't more seriously hurt!

Moli
20-07-2007, 11:15 PM
That looks nasty, you were very lucky, must have been very frightening for you....

Amber
20-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Just looking at the actual photos and you can actually see the blood on the airbag from my face :shock:

I just feel so lucky to be here now! I have to say since my accident I seem to be living my life a lot more, although I do have a disability at the moment, I'm making the most of each day so much more than I was before. I was taking things for granted, and I think after an experience like that it makes you realise how quickly things could be taken away.

Sweet
20-07-2007, 11:22 PM
OMG, ((((((hugs)))))) it must be hard to look at those pics x

Kim
21-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Goodness, that's awful. Take care, ((hugs))

mable1718
21-07-2007, 09:07 AM
that looks scary amber ((((hugs))))

Fran
21-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Good Lord :shock: You wery very very lucky indeed. Big {{{Hugs}}} those piccies must be difficult for you to look at x

dinahsmum
21-07-2007, 09:54 AM
omg - thank goodness you are alright.
It's amazing how people get out of those yet others, where the car is hardly scratched, are fatal. My OH lost a young friend who simply misjudged and hit a tree, shifting cars around in a service road. No great speed but he was doing it in a hurry, no seat belt (only a few seconds job :roll: ), and - broken neck and instant goodbye :( There wasn't a mark on the car.
You're obviously meant to be here Amber. Good!

Jane
21-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow that looks so scary. You are so lucky you didn't come out worst. (((hugs)))

Emm
21-07-2007, 11:17 AM
omg that must have been terrifying ((((hugs))))

chrisratty
21-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Just sending a big hug, seeing that car it was a miracle you are here now.

chris xx

Erin
21-07-2007, 01:58 PM
OMG Amber,that could have been so much worse,you are very Lucky (((hugs)))

alexgirl73
21-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I think there was definitely someone looking out for you that day Amber! Make every day count!

Jess751
21-07-2007, 02:24 PM
WOW!! You are very lucky!! If you dont mind me asking what happened??

Jac
21-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Amber, all I can say is, you are one very lucky lady and I agree your Nan must have been watching that day.
What a mess your car is in! So glad you made it out of that relatively ok.

Amber
21-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Thank you so much everyone, its good to have the support of everyone behind me :) makes it all that little bit easier!

I don't really remember much about the crash itself. I was driving to the stables from work, on a road that I travel down every single day. I was going at around 45 - 50 mph, and I know that the crash itself happened around a slight bend. I don't however, remember actually travelling around it. I remember aproaching the bend, and up until the impact, everything is a blurr. I just remember seeing a van heading straight for me, tried to swerve out of the way, and we hit head on. I don't know where either vehicle was on the road at the time, and the police have said there were no witnesses, and no marks on the road. Both vehicles ended up facing the opposite direction so we sort of rebounded off each other and spun the cars.

I remember a guy dragging me out of the car and sitting me on the pavement, and loads of people running up to me and throwing jackets and jumpers over me. Remember giving my phone to somebody and them phoning my mum and boyfriend and a lady talking to me constantly to keep me concious. I was just sitting there saying "oh my god, look at my car!" :lol: it was my 18th birthday present from my parents and I'd only had it 2 months! When my mum got to the hospital all I kept saying was "I'm sorry about the car" - I think she was ready to throttle me after the fifth time I said it :lol:

I was so lucky though, I had some nasty cuts on my face, 2 which needed stitching, mild concussion and a broken knee cap. I was in hospital for a week, and off work for over 3 months - but still it could have been much worse!

Donna
22-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Sound really scary and you are lucky you escaped with fairly minor injuries!!!

Makes me think, as I never can be bothered to wear a seatbelt......

Hmmmmm, maybe you have done me a favour Amber by posting those pics...

Mags
22-07-2007, 11:01 AM

Isn't it against the law NOT to wear a seatbelt Donna? :? It could save your life one day......... not through your driving but some other idiot on the road..

Amber
22-07-2007, 12:10 PM

If I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt, I've no doubt that I would have ended up through that windscreen and probably would have ended up dead :(

OH never used to wear a seatbelt, and I always used to moan at him for it - now he always makes sure he's wearing one before he sets off.

Donna
22-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Isn't it against the law NOT to wear a seatbelt Donna? :? It could save your life one day......... not through your driving but some other idiot on the road..

Yes I know its against the law, but just think its hassle putting the seatbelt on when I am only just popping down the road...

I am trying to remember...

Jess751
22-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow Amber!! Sounds like it was pretty scary!! Again glad you are ok.

I never used to use a seatbelt either and I started dating my husband and he always used it and I felt weird not using it when everyone else was. So I started using it and now I always make sure to buckle before I set off.