PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter mania!!!

alexgirl73
20-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Evening all:D . I haven't been on all day as OH was moving rooms about and has only now hooked the pc back up:roll:. I just thought I'd pop on for a while before I head out to my local Asda to get my copy of Harry Potter:-D . I know I'm a nutter but i have to go and get my copy straight away. I haven't done it with any of the others and just fancy being able to say that I did it at least once!:lol: So I may not make it on for a while tomorrow as I'll either be reading or sleeping!!

dandysmom
20-07-2007, 10:14 PM
That's for you then, not your girls? The mania here is wild: stores opening at midnight tonight! I wish that series had been around when I was a kid: sounds like the sort of thing this bookworm would have enjoyed!

alexgirl73
20-07-2007, 10:16 PM
My girls will get it when I am finished with it Eileen and not a moment before lol!! Oh yes, I'm off out in an hour as the stores are opening at midnight here too and our local centre has at least 3 stores opening so they are putting on entertainment!! Go ahead and read them now Eileen, I bet you'd love them!

dandysmom
20-07-2007, 10:27 PM
I think I'm a little long in the tooth now; have lost that childhood sense of awe...but I know tons of adults here read them...all the stores here are having parties/celecbrations too...a real big event! Amazon has pre-orders for over a million copies!!! :shock:
Do you think Harry is the one who dies?

alexgirl73
20-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Hmm, I think both Harry and Voldemort die!! I think it'll be the connection thing and one can't live without the other. Hope I'm wrong though lol!

Amber
20-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Ohhhh i so can't wait :D I'm going to be outside WHSmiths tonight at midnight :-D I remember when the last book came out, the queue was right down the high street :shock:

Saw the film on Weds oh I'm going HP mad at the mo :D

Kim
21-07-2007, 12:11 AM
My OH has just collected our daughter from babysitting and thehn they are off to the local Tescos to buy the book. Rachel has taken tomorrow & Sunday off work so she can read it!!

Kazz
21-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Eileen they are super books you should read them seriously they take you a World away excellently written and the films are good but the books - superb.

Katie (niece) has every book we (she and I have stood in rain and mile long queues for them previously) been in Asda at 10.30 trying to do a little shopping - the rain here has been horendous and it would save me going out tomorrow (fingers crossed) but people were qeueuing then and people dressed as Harry Hagrid etc etc they area phenomenon and I think they have been responsible for a whole generation becoming readers.
Katie was already a book worm in the making(my fault) and Harry Potter sealed the deal even now she will be happy reading a book, she is reading She at the moment H Ryder Haggard, and has just finished Kim by Kipling.

Good reading everyone, Karen

Karen

Kazz
21-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Edited to say Katie now has her book they are selling it for a £5 at Asda, I will pick one up tomorrow.

dandysmom
21-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Eileen they are super books you should read them seriously they take you a World away excellently written and the films are good but the books - superb.

Katie (niece) has every book we (she and I have stood in rain and mile long queues for them previously) been in Asda at 10.30 trying to do a little shopping - the rain here has been horendous and it would save me going out tomorrow (fingers crossed) but people were qeueuing then and people dressed as Harry Hagrid etc etc they area phenomenon and I think they have been responsible for a whole generation becoming readers.
Katie was already a book worm in the making(my fault) and Harry Potter sealed the deal even now she will be happy reading a book, she is reading She at the moment H Ryder Haggard, and has just finished Kim by Kipling.

Good reading everyone, Karen

Karen
Two of my very favorite books; has she read King Solomon's Mines, also a Haggard. and of course The Jungle Book and Puck of Pook's Hill? Kipling and Haggard my be outdated now, but still one heck of a read! Good for Katie, tell her "hi" from another bookworm!

mable1718
21-07-2007, 09:03 AM
i will get the book but not straight away

Emm
21-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I haven't read ANY of the books yet! I've decided to wiat until I have seen all the films then I'm going to read the books, because the films are never as good as the books and I really like the films. Can't wait to read them I'm going to get the whole set now that they are completed. Its sad that its all over now though - but better to go out on a high than making too many and people losing interest over them. :D

alexgirl73
21-07-2007, 01:35 PM
OOOOOOOOOHHH How good was that!!!!!! I got my copy at 17 minutes past midnight. The girls were all dressed up in their wizard costumes lol! We went to our local Asda at 11.30 and were given a ticket, no 104. We arrived just at the right time 'cause 10 minutes later there was a queue way out the door and they had run out of tickets at no 300!!!! And there were at least 250 more people waiting! I came home and put the girls to bed and I sat up until 5 AM reading the blasted thing!!!! No way I could have gone to bed without knowing the ending! Best book of the whole series!! And I know all the secrets now lol. Happy reading this weekend folks!

Mags
21-07-2007, 02:06 PM
OOOOOOOOOHHH How good was that!!!!!! I got my copy at 17 minutes past midnight. The girls were all dressed up in their wizard costumes lol! We went to our local Asda at 11.30 and were given a ticket, no 104. We arrived just at the right time 'cause 10 minutes later there was a queue way out the door and they had run out of tickets at no 300!!!! And there were at least 250 more people waiting! I came home and put the girls to bed and I sat up until 5 AM reading the blasted thing!!!! No way I could have gone to bed without knowing the ending! Best book of the whole series!! And I know all the secrets now lol. Happy reading this weekend folks!
Don't reveal the ending will you Alex? :lol:

alexgirl73
21-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I'd never do that Mags! Can't abide those who think it's fun to spoil peoples excitement! Hope everyone enjoys finding out what happens for themselves. All I will say is that it is a fantastic read.

Mags
21-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks Alex, I may even get it for myself now....;)

Amber
21-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Got mine last night - got to WHSmith at 11:45pm and didn't get my book until 12:50am :lol: oh well it was well worth it! Read about a quarter of it so far and wow wow wow :D I can't put it down! You might not see me for the next couple of days :-D

Kim
23-07-2007, 11:32 AM
My daughter finished her copy at 9pm on Sat evening. Like you Alex, she thought it was the best book.

She bought her copy for £10 at Tesco's and while I was shopping in Morrisons on sat morning, I saw they were selling it for £4!!