PDA

View Full Version : Just a few of Jennie

random
20-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Here's a few of poor Jen and her new 'look'. (She was spayed at the same time as having her tail done so that's what the wound on her side is).

She's doing fine, and eating fine as you can see. :-D I had to take her bowl away to get a pic of her face and she wasn't pleased with me at all for that! :shock: :roll:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/randoms_pix/20-07-07005.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/randoms_pix/20-07-07008.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/randoms_pix/20-07-07007.jpg

Bless her. x

Mags
20-07-2007, 07:13 PM
She's lovely Random!:D She still has a fair bit of tail left hasn't she.....I expected it to be a little stumpy tail ...:D

Considering what she has been through, all her wounds look very clean and healing well....

random
20-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanx Mags. I think it helps that she had such a long tail to start with, we've always thought a bit of siamese in her (vet thinks the same) but she did have a really long slender tail, so i'd say there is just under half of it left now. You can tell by her expression when she moves it that it must feel very strange to her now not having it all but she is getting used to it I think.

Her stiches are all healing up very nicely, she is on antibiotics anyway but no problems, so it's so far so good!

Thought we may aswell get the spay done at the same time anyway, saves her having to be taken in again at least.

Mags
20-07-2007, 07:28 PM
That was good thinking to get her spayed at the same time, it saved her having to go under the anaesthetic again...;)

random
20-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanx Mags I thought it a good idea too, I always worry about them being operated on as I made the choice to have my rabbit speyed a few years ago and she died 2 days later. :(

So rather than Jen go in for 2 op's and twice the risk, best to get it all sorted at once.

Erin
20-07-2007, 07:39 PM
awww bless her shes lovely Random :) I was expecting her to have a little stump too.Bless her :)

Fran
20-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Awwww, she looks so well considering what she has been through! I agree spey at the same time was an excellent idea. Do hope she continues to do so well :cool:

Elaine
20-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Aww she's lovely. Wishing her a speedy recovery xxx

Moli
20-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Aww bless her, she has been through so much, pleased to hear she is recovering well....lovely girl.

Luke
20-07-2007, 09:51 PM
She's lovely, such a sweet face.
My grandparents had a big ginger tom, Susie incidentally as he was presumed a she once upona time, who caught his tail in a snare..and had about 2 thirds taken off, bit like jennie. You do get used too it eventually, he's still knocking about at the age of 12 and doesn't act any different to a full tailed cat

dinahsmum
21-07-2007, 10:05 AM
That doesn't look too bad at all, does it?
It will obviously take her a little time to get used to it but the stump is long enough to help her with balance etc.