PDA

View Full Version : Hairballs

Rosie
20-07-2007, 11:52 AM
I have two outside cats and have never seen them bring up hairballs (although Rosie does make herself sick regularly from eating the dogs food!!). Do you think they are bringing them up outside and does eating grass help with this?

Mags
20-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Cassie is an outside cat and she does eat a fair bit of grass. She nearly always chooses to bring up her hairballs during the night indoors!:roll: I'm sure the grass helps as there is nearly always some blades of grass along with the hairball...

Emm
20-07-2007, 12:16 PM
I have 5 outdoor cats and never have any furballs - I think its because they are always eating grass and being sick outside rather than in the house!

mable1718
20-07-2007, 03:43 PM
that is the same here i have 7 cats and really never see them bring up furballs

Jane
20-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Patch has access to outside and I've never seen him bring up a furball.

Donna
20-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Misty has done this once or twice indoors and it is full of grass. Think Chloe must do it outside as she has more outside access than Misty.

Rather they do it outside than inside though!

dandysmom
20-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Rosie, here's an interesting link to cats/grass/hairballs ...
http://www.pawsonline.info/grasseating.htm

Leia is an indoor cat, but she eats grass daily, and never has had a hairball; I do brush her nightly.

John
21-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Millie is a long hair cat and always grooming..she was always bringing up furballs..once a week I give her Katalaze or something similar which helps the furballs thro the digestive system she is a lot better for it not so many furballs

john >^..^<

dandysmom
21-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Patches, the tortie who regularly threw up hairballs even after daily grooming continued to do so even after I started giving her Petromalt a few times a week! That's a petroleum based gel flavored so cats like it and it supposedly aids in having hair go thru the other end, not being regurgitated! Didn't work for her!