PDA

View Full Version : Two Deer Outside my House!

Emm
20-07-2007, 10:26 AM
I have two adorable deer right outside my house! Its really unusual to see them outside here at this time - normally they are here first thing in the morning along with the foxes. I love living here so much wildlife about it is amazing :D

Jac
20-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Emm run for your camera!!!!!!

Emm
20-07-2007, 10:35 AM
I can't I don't know where it is :oops:

chrisratty
20-07-2007, 10:40 AM
How lovely, wish I was there, what type of deer are they?

chris xx

Emm
20-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I couldn't tell you - I have no idea about types of deer :lol: They are quite small it was a female and a very young stag

Emm
20-07-2007, 11:25 AM
okay I tried to search google images of the deer to show which types and came across pictures of dead deer with hunters standing proudly next to them :(

chrisratty
20-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Might be a Roe deer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_deer

that help?

chris xx

Mags
20-07-2007, 11:35 AM
How lovely Emm, I wish I lived in an area like that .......do you live in a village?

Emm
20-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Yes its a village just outside of town. Its got a bit of a bad rep but the bit I'm in is great. My garden backs right onto the Callendar Estate and I have views of Stirling Castle and Wallace Monument and the Ochil Hills - I can even see the Firth of Forth!

We have foxes, deer, badgers, and hedgehogs - I know some people have problems with foxes but not here - they mix with the cats no problem and are very healthy (probably because some of us feed them) - oh yes and squirrels lots of them - they run along our roofs and climb our walls - very funny to watch :lol:

Its just a shame that some of the neighbours hate animals - why live somewhere like this and hate animals :roll: :lol:

Mags
20-07-2007, 11:52 AM
It sounds like a dream place to live, fantastic views and animals all around you......lucky you!:D

Emm
20-07-2007, 11:57 AM
It really is a good place to live - I'm spoilt here - which I know any-one from Falkirk would laugh at because it really does have a bad rep. but I love animals and love being outside so for me its perfect - just the neighbours ruin things but you can't have everything in life perfect :lol:

Emm
20-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Might be a Roe deer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_deer

that help?

chris xx

yes thats them! thanks for the link! :D

Mags
20-07-2007, 11:59 AM
yes thats them! thanks for the link! :D
What handsome beasts! :D

mable1718
20-07-2007, 03:44 PM
thats lovely emm sounds like a lovely place to live

CathyW
20-07-2007, 08:58 PM
It really is a good place to live - I'm spoilt here - which I know any-one from Falkirk would laugh at because it really does have a bad rep. but I love animals and love being outside so for me its perfect - just the neighbours ruin things but you can't have everything in life perfect :lol:sounds like where i live, i love my flat, adore the countryside,but the neighbour down stairs :roll: hes one of the most detestable venomous person ive ever had the mis-fortune to meet:evil: getting to the point if he dont behave like a decent human we will do one of 2 things, 1 strangle him.
2 move house (again):(
sorry got carried away there.:oops:

Elaine
20-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh Emm, shame on you for misplacing the camera:lol: I bet it was a wonderful sight.

Boys Mum, I am so very sorry to hear you have a detestable neighbor, shall I come down and punch him for you?:lol:

dandysmom
20-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Except for the neighbors it sounds like Eden, Emm! What a thrill to see them right outside of your place...!!

Fran
20-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Lucky you!! Find out the camera so it's handy next time they visit ;) :-D

alexgirl73
20-07-2007, 10:07 PM
D'you know Emm, I didn't realise you were from Falkirk! I'm from just along the road in Cumbernauld!!

Kim
21-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Sounds fab!

Emm
21-07-2007, 11:23 AM
sounds like where i live, i love my flat, adore the countryside,but the neighbour down stairs :roll: hes one of the most detestable venomous person ive ever had the mis-fortune to meet:evil: getting to the point if he dont behave like a decent human we will do one of 2 things, 1 strangle him.
2 move house (again):(
sorry got carried away there.:oops:

I'm really sorry to hear you are having problems too with your neighbour! It came to a head last year with mines when I ended up calling the police. They were threatening to kill my cats - I ended up telling them I couldn't have kids of my own and that my cats were like my children :oops: :lol: its only a tiny wee lie - I mean I can't have kids of my own because I absolutely hate the thought of pregnancy :lol:
So now we just kind of pretend we don't exist and when we do see each other its just a very quick Hello. The worst part of it though is they have taught their grandchildren to hate cats - and they shoo and throw things at them :(

Emm
21-07-2007, 11:25 AM
D'you know Emm, I didn't realise you were from Falkirk! I'm from just along the road in Cumbernauld!!

hey I didn't know you were in Cumbernald! Hello neighbour :lol:

Elaine
21-07-2007, 06:26 PM
hey I didn't know you were in Cumbernald! Hello neighbour :lol:

She's not in there now, she deviated across the boarder. Damned sassanach:lol: