PDA

View Full Version : My Nails.............

Jac
19-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I like them but she's cut them a bit short. Never mind they will grow.
My thunb

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/boxerlass/000_0091.jpg

the rest of my fingers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/boxerlass/000_0092.jpg
Sorry they didn't come out very well

mable1718
19-07-2007, 09:11 PM
they are beautiful jac

dandysmom
19-07-2007, 09:36 PM
They look lovely! I wish I could use nail varnish; makes mine very brittle; gave it up years ago. yours are so nice!

Jac
19-07-2007, 09:40 PM
thanks Eileen. It's acrylic on top of my own nails. Stops them from breaking. I have silver sparkly stuff on the nail tip with black diamantes set in them. (just for a change hehe)

dandysmom
19-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Well done to your stylist! Looking good ....

Mags
19-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Very nice Jac but I've always wondered how you manage to do your housework, prepare veg etc with nails that long?

Jac
19-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Mags you get used to them. As they grow quite slowley I never really notice. In saying that though sometimes when there longer I have problems with the keys on the laptop. I hit the wrong one's. That's when I get them cut a wee bit.

Mags
19-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Ahhh ....I see! ;)

yola
19-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Glam-a-roony :D :D :D

I have acryllic (gel) nails. They are so tough that they will withstand most household chores (you need to wear gloves with chemical liquids etc though). It makes my usually weak and feeble nails really strong . . . yours are SO pretty Jac :D

Jac
20-07-2007, 03:51 AM
Thanks Yola. I fancied something a bit different. I know not like me:lol: . The photo didn't come out very well. I'll try and get a better one tomorrow.

Fran
20-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Oh Jac, they are so pretty!! I think of the piccies of your nails you have posted previously, these have to be my personal fav!

alexgirl73
20-07-2007, 08:13 AM
They are so swish!!! really glam Jac!

Donna
20-07-2007, 08:20 AM
I have tried acrylic nails and both times have ended up having nasty accidents where the acrylic nail and half my own nail gets ripped off.....

Never again!!!

PS yours do look lovely Jac!!

Jac
20-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Donna the acrylic is on top of my own nails. I think that makes the difference. Mind you the extensions that my girl does come under guarantee. Do you not have a place near you that guarantee's there products. OK accidents do happen and over the years I have broken a nail or two easpecially if Ive had a fall but she's always fixed them for me.
Fran thanks. I really like them too. Just a little bit different with the silver tips and the black sets them off.
I have to come up with something special for my wedding though. That should be fun!

Emm
20-07-2007, 10:34 AM
oooh I like them :D I keep meaning to get the tips done and have never got round to it :D

Donna
20-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Donna the acrylic is on top of my own nails. I think that makes the difference.

Thats what I had done but the first accident was when I caught my nail in a window lock and it ripped my nail off to halfway down my nail - nearly passed out in pain. Spent the rest of the night biting all the others off.

Second time I had it done they all broke off so quick just by doing normal things like picking up a shopping bag :roll:

I dont think I am heavy handed but cant be bothered with having to worry about my nails all the time...:D

Emm
20-07-2007, 10:54 AM
ouch that sounds so painful!

Jac
20-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Thats what I had done but the first accident was when I caught my nail in a window lock and it ripped my nail off to halfway down my nail - nearly passed out in pain. Spent the rest of the night biting all the others off.

Second time I had it done they all broke off so quick just by doing normal things like picking up a shopping bag :roll:

I dont think I am heavy handed but cant be bothered with having to worry about my nails all the time...:D

Sounds to me like they didn't make the acrylic thick enough. Sounds very painfull.
I do everything I would do normally. Never have to think about my nails. From housework to gardening (when I did it) Such a shame as they are fun. I wouldn't be without them now and Ive been getting them done every three weeks for 4 over 4 years now.