PDA

View Full Version : Caspurr's home just!

Jac
17-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Ok just back from the Vet. Caspurr was lame on both his front elbows when she saw him this morning. She thinks it's a virus beginning with C. Sorry my head is spinning! The one Fran mentioned (spot on Fran) When she took a swab from his throat there was some bloody mucus. No mouth sores at the moment but I have to watch out for them. (in both Abi and Caspurr)She took 3 swabs and for the life of me I cant remember what they were for! I have to wait 7-10 days for the results to get back from Glasgow.

Caspurr's temp is down and Abi's is up. There both about the same at 39 1/2. I have AB's for both of them. I have eye drops for Caspurr also. They both have to be taken into the shower room and steamed for about an hour a day. In there cat carriers. The inhalation will help them not get blocked up. Abi's throat is a bit swollen.

Oh chlamydia was one of the swabs. Sorry guy's my head is thumping. I have to keep a close eye on both of them and give the Vet a phone in a couple of days. If either of them deteriorate I have to take them right back. I have to watch out for mouth ulcers in both of them. Think that's about it for now.
Oh and just to put the icing on the cake I don't have Abi insured yet. What a dumbo eh?

My doc's appointment didn't go much better. He has taken me off the morphine patch as I'm getting a really sore and itchy reaction to them. He's given me liquid morphine to take all the time. I have to measure how much I need each day. I go back i two weeks and he will then work out how much I need in slow realise tablets! Brilliant!! Any one got a spare gun?

Mags
17-07-2007, 06:58 PM
So pleased you have Caspurr home with you Jac......poor little boy doesn't sound at all well...:( I hope that when the results of the tests come back, something can then be done to help him. Likewise with Abi too. How do they seem in themselves now?

Things don't sound much better with you either Jac :? I hope the liquid morphine relieves your pain until you can go on the slow- release tablets.

After today, I think you deserve a big hug, Jac...........so huge ((((((((hugs))))))) to you and gentle cuddles to Caspurr and Abi... xxx

tilly
17-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I have pm'd you
Sally

dinahsmum
17-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Healing thoughts all round.
Let's hope things pick up from here on Jac

Erin
17-07-2007, 07:24 PM
glad he has come home with you Jac.
lots and lots of healing vibes heading your way and loads of big big hugs for you (((((hugs))))) xxxx

Elaine
17-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh dear Jac, what a terrible time you are having.
Sending as much possitive and healing vibes as I can muster for your household xxx

Kazz
17-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Jac did Sarah not have Abi insured??? So pleased Casppur is back home I did not realise Abi was poorly too.
So sorry they are poorly - poor babes.

What does Caspurr's breeder say? if thats where the virus came from would it not be in her own cats too?.

dandysmom
17-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I was wondering the same; didn't the breeder insure Abi? That must be where the virus came from...I'm so glad they're both home, even if poorly; lots of TLC!!! Take care of yourself, Jac; this has been a really rotten spell for you...massive (((hugs)) !!!

mable1718
17-07-2007, 08:02 PM
healing thoughts all round hope he gets better soon jac

alexgirl73
17-07-2007, 08:58 PM
aww jac! What a hellish couple of days you have had. I really hope that both cats improve over the next few days. Also gentle ((hugs)) from me to you, and hoping you feel a bit better too xx

Jac
17-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Jac did Sarah not have Abi insured??? So pleased Casppur is back home I did not realise Abi was poorly too.
So sorry they are poorly - poor babes.

What does Caspurr's breeder say? if thats where the virus came from would it not be in her own cats too?.

I didn't get any insurance with Abi. I got 6 weeks with Caspurr. I was going to add Aby to Caspurr's policy when it came up for renewal:? .
Now the way it stands if this Virus ever came back on Abi I wouldn't be able to claim the insurance as it was an existing Illness:cry: .
The tests I had done today will prove if Caspurr is the carrier or not. If he is, then my Vet is going to call his breeder. She is outraged. she said If I hadnt been so vigilant I could have easily lost Caspurr yesterday.
were not out of the woods by a long way but I'm armed with AB's and a fantastic Vet. I can call her anytime. So in that sence I have the upper hand.

dandysmom
17-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh Jac, Someone was looking after Caspurr when you were picked to be his mum...!!! Thanks to your vigilance he got to the vets in time...
Gentle hugs all around; you try to get some rest, hear!

Donna
17-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Hope both Caspur and Abi pick up quickly now they are on the antibiotics.

Sorry you are having a rough time Jac xx

sarahd
17-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Hoping that both the babies get well soon. Hope you can try and get some rest too Jac you must be exhausted.
I checked up to see if Abi's free insurance was still running from when i got her but it had finished :( Otherwise we could have transferred it over.
You cant give 6 weeks free insurance on a cat either thats already had the free term. I even checked that out.

Fingers crossed that everything starts to get better now with the antibiotics etc

Hope things get better with your medication too. Thats the last thing you need on top of all this.

Sarah
x

Jac
17-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Oh Jac, Someone was looking after Caspurr when you were picked to be his mum...!!! Thanks to your vigilance he got to the vets in time...
Gentle hugs all around; you try to get some rest, hear!

Aww what a lovely thing to say Eileen. Both my babies are here to stay! No matter what. Cant promise to rest though. Just have to see how they are tonight. fingers crossed.
And everyone thank you all for being so helpful , understanding and supportive.

smudgley
17-07-2007, 09:41 PM
The virus you are describing is Calicivirus. (FCV) ;) pronounced
"cal-eech-y"

poor Caspurr... Wonder if any of the other kittens have it from his litter?

Hope he is feeling better soon.

Jac
17-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Smudgley THAT'S IT !!!!! you clever girl. Well the tests will find out whether he's a carrier or not. If he is his breeser better watch out!!! She will see another side to Jac.:evil:
Although I saw all her cat's and kittens. They all looked healthy bouncing bundles of joy.

yola
17-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Jac - Eileen is SO right, someone else might not have notice the danger signs. Thank heaven you are so vigilant with you kittens. I'm wishing Caspurr has a restful night and is feeling a bit better tomorrow.

I suspect you have a long night ahead of you though girl. Hugs.

Fran
17-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi Jac, yes as Smudgley has said it's the calicivirus that I was thinking too. I hope the tests provide answers as to the source of this infection but more importantly I hope the two babies pull round quickly {{{Hugs}}}

I've pm'd you x

Jac
17-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks Yola.
I'm off now to sponge eye's. Put cream in and take them both to the steam room:shock: . We have a long night ahead:? . (((((((((()))))))))) hugs to all you lovely people. xxx

JBalways2000
17-07-2007, 11:17 PM
oh im so sorry your babies are poorly, they are obviously very lucky to have you taking care of them!

are their noses bunged up? is that why you are having to steam them? i ask because if it is then a humidifier might help, especially if you add a couple of drops of olbas oil to it. a bowl of boiling hot water would do the same only obviously it wouldnt be continuous and you would have to keep re making it, and you would also have to be careful the kitties didnt jump in or try and drink from it:shock: just a thought.

fingers crossed they get better soon!

Emm
17-07-2007, 11:29 PM
that just sounds awful - sending loads of healing thoughts to the kitties and you!

remember and take care of yourself as well.

charliebubs
18-07-2007, 12:05 PM
I checked up to see if Abi's free insurance was still running from when i got her but it had finished :( Otherwise we could have transferred it over.
Sarah
x

Just a thought..............but Sarah wouldn't you have got 6 weeks insurance with Ferne (Abi) and didn't you only have her 3 weeks?? Leaving 3 weeks now running???

:? :?

charliebubs
18-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Jac, so sorry to hear this news. It was lovely to chat to you last night and I hope that I was of some help :?

Your vet sounds wonderful and that's so reassuring. I really hope that she can get to the bottom of it all and find out where this virus has come from.

I hope you're feeling a bit better today. :)

One good thing is that cats can recover fully from the calici virus. Sometimes they remain carriers, but they can live with no symptoms or illness as such. Hopefully your babies will come out the other side of this fighting fit.

Lots of love and hugs
xxx

sarahd
18-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Charlie I had had Abi since May 22nd so her insurance had ran out at the end of June.

Hope things are a little better today for you Jac and that you have managed to get some rest.

sarah

charliebubs
18-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Charlie I had had Abi since May 22nd so her insurance had ran out at the end of June.

Hope things are a little better today for you Jac and that you have managed to get some rest.

sarah

Oh, right okay.

I stand corrected - sorry :oops: :oops:

Jac
18-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Guys.....I'm knackerd but on top of the world:-D . My babies are getting better!!!! There very sleepy but eating and drinking:D

All that is left is for the results to come back and we will know exactly what we are dealing with.

Tell you one thing......................I'll sleep tonight:lol:

forgot to say. Caspurr has a snotty nose but his eye's dont stick together when he wakes up!!!

random
18-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Glad they are feeling better Jac poor wee things. :( Just babies aswell which always makes it seem all the more unfair when they get illnesses.

Jac
18-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeh, they cant tell you whats wrong. At the moment I'm about to bathe his eyes. I'll have to do his nose as well. It's green and crusty. Poor wee soul. He wont like that. Makes me feel a right baddie:?

random
18-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Thats what I had to do Jac when Jessie had conjuntivitis, she had it neonatal so as soon as she started to open her eyes I had to clean them 3 times a day and it was horrible she hated it. :( I know how you feel. x

Jac
18-07-2007, 07:28 PM
He's normaly so laid back but he scratched me today.

sarahd
18-07-2007, 10:16 PM
awww bless him it must be so hard for you also trying to keep their eyes and noses clean but it hurting them. It does make us feel guilty.
Glad to hear they are eating though sounds like a good sign if they are getting their appetites back.
You don't have to be sorry Charlie and i'm sorry if it came across as i was being funny its just I had tried posting the blinking post 4 times and it wouldn't go and then for some reason kept wiping the message off so i made it short and sweet and left it at that lol

Sarah
x

Jac
19-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Ha ha fancy me being up at this time!

Caspurr has sore bits at either side of his eyes:( Not at the tear duct but the outside. I have been rubbing a bit of the eye cream on them but will tell the Vet tomorrow (I mean today)when I give her my progress report.

sarahd
19-07-2007, 08:12 AM
How are things today Jac

Sarah
x