PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Tortoises In Hampshire

lisa0307
17-07-2007, 04:24 PM
CROSS POSTED..NOT MINE..PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN BY CROSS POSTING TO OTHER FORUMS..THANKS

STOLEN TORTOISES IN HAMPSHIRE Hello I want to ask for help in finding my stolen tortoises. The most cruelest person has taken our four precious tortoises from our garden on 06/07/07, we live in Liss in Hampshire. Description of my tortoises (all are micro chipped): Fred is a Hermann's, she has lived with us for over twenty five years and was a fully grown female when we got her. She has substantial shell damage caused by someone digging her up and also drilling a tether hole in her shell (previous owner). Charlie and Moses are brothers and are Hermann's. We purchased them from a brilliant breeder in 2000 and they are ten years old. George came to live with us only two months ago, he is about thirty years old. Not quite sure of his breed but think he may be a graceas? something (I am still researching). He is a very neat little boy, his "humps" are smoother than a Hermann's and he is brown/black in colour. So far I have done the following: 1 I have informed the Police (intially the call centre decided that I did not even warrant a phone call from a Police Officer, until I shouted and cried on the phone at them). 2 Have got in touch with the National Theft Register 3 Have reported them missing to the relevant chipping companies 4 I have spoken and or visited local pet shops both selling exotics and "normal pets" and have left cards with contact details, the local vets and anywhere else I can think of putting a poster or card. 5 I have spoken to the local radio station (Delta Radio) who kindly put out a news item for me for a day. 6 The Police arranged for item to go into local newspapers. 7 I will be putting in a advert in the Portsmouth News in their lost and found column which has a higher readership than our more local papers. And finally (so far) have found out about tortoise forums and websites which I did not know existed until last week and and now I am trying to gain all the knowledge I can get so that if and my god hopefully when I get my little guys back I will gain a greater knowledge of them so this does not happen to my family ever again. I believe that some gardeners who called at our home on 04/07/07, stole our tortoises. They called about a month ago, asking my Mum if she wanted the grass cut (I admit it was too long, there is only me looking after garden and it is a bit much). So she had the front garden cut. On 04/07/07 they called again, as she had used them previously she felt that it would be OK for them to cut the back grass as well. Two days later tortoises were stolen and we have no way of getting in touch with them. Before you judge us we do know we have made one hell of a mistake and if we could go back two weeks we would. If anyone local to me are offered a tortoise or family of tortoises for sale (without the relevant paperwork)or have any information about them can you please get in touch. Also please get in touch if you have any ideas at all, that I have not already thought of. Thank you for reading my very lenghty posting, as you can imagine I want to get as much information out there as I possibly can. My family have been left utterly devastated and we do not know what to do next. Regards Sara
Sara Densham of Liss

If you have any information, please contact the police on 0845 0454545 or the National Theft Helpline on 07802 404929. A reward will be offered for their safe return or a donation to a Tortoise charity.
Thank you.
Sara Densham of Liss