PDA

View Full Version : It's...Everywhere!!!!!!! T_T

Socks
17-07-2007, 05:30 AM
My Dog scruffy is 16 going on 17 years old, she has full blown cancer and a heart murmmer on the scale of 8 on to 10. So, she's kinda rough, however, the doc said that cancer won't take her life, but her age will. So, that I'm happy for that. However, she's still playing,eating .....well...and the doc says she's doing fine ^^

Anyways, heres the problem..I know they told us to be easy on her...but.She picked up a habit, of, everytime after the kittens poop, she goes in there and gobbles it right up... XP Then, this morning, I woke up and I looked at my floor....and it was EVERYWHERE, She got it out, started to eat it, and then spat it on the floor and went for another round. Guhhhhh It's so nasty T_T

Then, we have another dog named Oreo who actually has an obbsesive habbit about eating food non-stop, so she'll go and actually growl and bark at the kittens to stop eating, and she'll eat there food. Last week, she ate ALL of the kitten food and the kittens only got a few bites and now, I have to watch them when they eat their meals, and swat at oreo when she comes in the room.

I know Oreo's case, and that's solved since she dosn't come in my room anymore, but what about Scruffy? Anyone know why she does this?

dinahsmum
17-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Mmmm, dogs - don'tya just love their little habits? Yukky.
Well, I suppose she could be showing her maternal side, clearing up after the cats but she probably just finds the offerings attractive (:roll: :smt078 ). At her advanced years and limited life expectancy I think I'd be inclined just to try to keep her away from the poop, however you can practically do that. She's a bit old to learn new tricks. Maybe making yukky noises will gently show her that you don't approve .... but maybe not :roll:

alexgirl73
17-07-2007, 08:25 AM
My dog Tia usd to do this and tbh the only way we could get her to stop was to buy a hooded litter tray with a door on it. She couldn't get her head in properly to get at it then! Good luck lol!

Socks
17-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Hooded cat tray is a very good idea :D Thankyou ^_^ I was thinking of getting one of those.

tilly
17-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Hope you can sort out the problem soon.
SAlly