PDA

View Full Version : Isobel's Story

Amber
15-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I'd like you all to meet Isobel :D

Isobel was brought into us at the vets at 6 months of age as a dead body. A client of ours had found her in their garden, and brought her into us as they did not know what to do. On assessment, we discovered a faint heartbeat. Isobel was frozen, wet, and in a coma. She appeared to have suffered a severe beating to the side of the head, and we were very doubtful as to whether or not she would pull through. All we knew, was that there was no way we were giving up on this little one without a fight! For three days, Isobel was comatised in our care, god only knows how long she had been wandering the streets. The poor little baby was just skin and bones! Izzie defied the odds, and pulled through her coma thanks to the intensive 24 hour care that she recieved from our vets and nurses. A day after coming out of her coma, Isobel developed a swelling inside her skull, and required emergency treatment which would either kill or cure. Again she fought, and came through for us again!

Her progress was slow to begin with, but she has since come on in leaps and bounds. Unfortunately, Isobel is now partially brain-damaged due to the injuries that she sustained, which causes her to be quite aggresive. She doesn't mean to be but she cannot help it, so we could never have rehomed her. She is rather agoraphobic, and much prefers to be inside. She spends her days wandering around the clinic, helping us in any way that she can. She has a large cage in our dog ward, filled with toys, climbing posts and fluffy beds. She is definately our most important team member! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/T4ASnowdon/isobel_0916.jpg

Jess751
15-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Aww! Such a sad story. :( My favorite part is the ending. :)

alexgirl73
15-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I have a lump in my throat after reading that!! I'm so glad that she ended up in the care of you vets and that she now leads a happy and well cared for life!

Mags
15-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh Amber...what a sad story for the little girl..:(

I am so glad that your vet practice decided to look after and care for Izzie for the rest of her life.

Thank you for posting such a touching story....

Amber
15-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Thank you for your lovely comments everyone :D Izzies story is a sad one, but with a happy ending :D

It was our open day at the vets yesterday and I had people in tears telling them Isobel's story

Moli
15-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Very sad story, but a really happy ending, thank goodness this wee girl now has a happy life...

mable1718
16-07-2007, 07:57 AM
that is a very sad story amber

Fran
16-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Gosh, I had tears in my eyes reading her story :( I'm so glad that she defied the odds and pulled through, she's such a pretty girl!