PDA

View Full Version : AJ driving us nuts-peeing everywhere!!

JBalways2000
15-07-2007, 10:55 AM
well we have yet again just had to strip our bed and wash all the sheets because AJ decided to go the toilet on them:roll: i mentioned in another thread about him doing this quite a bit lately, and i have a feeling that bringing two new kittens into the house is only going to worsen things!

i think he has gone on our bed about 3 times now, and would have gone MANY other times if we hadnt spotted him starting to crouch and dig :shock: and he has gone other places out of the litter tray(and not just for a wee i might add!)

i know someone told me this is just him marking his terroritory because he is probably top cat but it is driving us nuts and i was just wondering if there is anyway to deter him from doing it? atleast on our bloody bed!:mad: :lol: or else im going to have to take out shares in the stain and odour removal company:lol:

mable1718
15-07-2007, 12:19 PM
put pepper or a strong smelling thing down int he places he does it hopefully that should help

Mags
15-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't put the pepper on your bed or you will be sneezing all night!:roll:

Tom
15-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't put the pepper on your bed or you will be sneezing all night!:roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fran
15-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Can't remember whether you've had him checked over by the vet or not? If not, I'd take him and make sure he hasn't got a urinary infection or some medical reason behind this change in behaviour...

dinahsmum
15-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Have your boys been neutered yet?

If not, that's the first thing I'd go for.

If yes, well, you could try
- litter (softer on the feet)
- trays
- Feliway diffuser, to send out calm vibes
- Rescue Remedy drops, to calm him

Make sure you don't clean up using bleach, as apparently cats confuse bleach smell with wee-wee smell and will go there again.

JBalways2000
15-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks for all the replies, he really is a nightmare at the moment!

i dont think it is anything like an infection because its like he seeks the spot out and has a wee there not that he cant hold it if that makes sense? i do think it is more to do with scent marking but im not an expert so i might get him checked out. are there any other symptoms that might suggest an infection that i could watch out for?

neither he or raven have been neutered yet and that is definately on the to do list for the next month!

they do have a litter tray(there will be two down from tonight due to the new kittens coming) and he uses it most of time which is what makes me think its scent marking.

do you think the feliway might help with this? i do have some rescue remedy here too if that would help.

oh and we never clean it with bleach-we use a special pet stain and odour remover which is actually very good. im just glad i bought another big bottle of the stuff last week:roll: :lol:

PS. yep, dont think il be adding pepper to the bed!:lol: but might try it in other places, thanks for the tip!

dinahsmum
15-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I'd bring forward the neutering ...... like tomorrow! :? :) ;)
Feliway/Rescue Remedy might calm him but he it sounds to me that he needs to lose those hormones - must be quite stressful for 2 boys together with their testosterone kicking in