PDA

View Full Version : Microchipping in birmingham and vaccs question

JBalways2000
14-07-2007, 09:04 PM
i was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that offers a kittie microchipping service in birmingham? i know that vets do it and i have a quote off my vets but wondered if there might be anywhere cheaper now that i need to get four done:shock: :lol:

i was also wondering how much everyone here pays for their vaccinations? my vets charge £45 for both injections and again wondered if i might be able to get this sort of thing done else where cheaper(considering i will have the four cats and the four bunnies to vaccinate every year!)

this is just me being a cheap skate because i can afford it but obviously if i can get it cheaper else where thats better for me(actually its better for the animals because any spare money i get goes on them anyway!:lol: )

alexgirl73
14-07-2007, 09:35 PM
tbh JB I haven't a clue lol! I would just try ringing round your local vets to get prices. I know the vets I use is £15 for microchipping and £32 for vaccs so well worth trying a few other places.

borderdawn
14-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi.
I am a qualified microchipper and I live in Walsall, if I can help you, PM me and Ill see what I can do for you.
Dawn.

JBalways2000
15-07-2007, 10:45 AM
thanks for the replies, i have sent you a message Dawn!

yes my vets does seem a little more expensive then most which i dont mind for the most part but when it comes to routine jobs like this it wouldnt hurt to go else where to save a bit of money.

my vets quoted me £25 for microchipping unless i have it done with vaccinations and then it would be £15 so i might get the kittens done like that.

Mags
15-07-2007, 10:59 AM
My vet charges £22 for a chip but offers it half price if it is done with vaccs....

Fran
15-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Our vets charge £25 for a course of vaccs. Microchip is £15 but £10 if done at time of vaccs or a consultation

mable1718
15-07-2007, 12:10 PM
im sorry but i cant help but i do hope other people can

sarahd
15-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I think our vets is something like Fran's you get a discount on the micro chipping if you get the vaccinations done at the same time

sArah
x

smudgley
15-07-2007, 03:17 PM
The pet vaccination clinic do vaccinations very cheaply, there is one at Hopwood.

I can microchip your cats for you - but you'd have to bring them to me in Wall Heath. I think Dawn may be nearer for you.

JBalways2000
15-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the replies, seems everyone gets them cheaper then i do!

i did a search for the pet vaccination clinic and there is actually one that wouldnt be too hard to get to by train for us so might try ringing up for some prices there. anyone have any idea how much they might charge? i need to get AJ and Raven neutered in the next month too so might look into that also.

Thanks for mentioning them smudgley!:D

JBalways2000
17-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Just to update that i got some prices off the vaccination clinic and they are very good. im not 100% on the price of the vaccinations as she got me confused and there was alot of background noise but im sure she said it was £35 for the course which is still £10 cheaper then my vets!

it is only £11.75 for microchipping and the biggest shocker is that its only £17.50 to neuter:shock: my vets told me it would be £46(and ive had ratties neutered for around about that too-think my bunnies even cost me £60 to neuter:shock: ) so i will be taking the kittens for their first vaccinations next week and talking about booking AJ and Raven in for the snip then too(shh dont tell them!:lol: )

smudgley
17-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Told ya they were good. ;)

JBalways2000
17-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Told ya they were good. ;)

you did indeed!:D and thankyou for doing so!

it is the stechford branch i will be using on lea hall rd as they are on a train route for us so easy to get to thankfully.

will let you all know how it goes!:D