PDA

View Full Version : Flippin Cheek!!!

Jac
12-07-2007, 09:12 AM
About 6 weeks ago we had a BBQ. We invited all the neighbours, only one couple couldn't come as the wife was drunk.
Through conversation we found out that only one couple cut the grass. (We share a garden) Anyway Derek spoke to the bloke and said he would quite happily help. Over the next weekend Derek cut back trees, cut the grass and generally did a major tidy up. Other neighbours thanked him. The only neighbours that said nothing was the woman who was drunk that night. It was her hubby that used to cut the grass himself.
I hope you followed that:roll:
Last night at 9.55 someone knocked on my front door. The neighbour...drunk again. She asked if she could talk to me. Giving her no encouragement I asked her what it was. She asked if she could come in and I said no as I was busy. She then went on to say she had been thinking. She could hardly talk! She wasn't happy that we had had 2 BBQ's and once singed the grass. I said that it had been an accident and that Derek had cut the grass since then and it had grown back fine. She said that she had lived here a lot of years and was used to looking down on lush grass. At that point I told her if she had anything to say to me to come back sober and at a decent time. I promptly shut the door.
The grass is knee long at the moment!!!! Derek was going to cut it at the weekend. When we moved in it was even longer.
I was really annoyed. I told Derek when he got home and he has said the only thing that's lush here is her!! He has no intention of doing anything else in the garden which is a shame but we still have the fenced off bit in the middle.
What do I do? Do I go and confront her today? or do I just leave it?

Elaine
12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Hmm, I'd probably just leave it for now Jac.

Fran
12-07-2007, 10:27 AM
It's a toughy isn't it Jac? I think I would try and talk to her when she is feeling more rational and not drunk. It really needs resolving so that you can all live harmoniously together.

Let us know how you get on and good luck!

Jac
12-07-2007, 10:34 AM
I am going to go and see her. I'll find out when she finishes work.
I may be the new girl on the block but no push over;) .
I wont take any noncence but I dont want any trouble either. I wonder if she even remembers coming to the door:lol:

charliebubs
12-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Good luck with whatever you decide, Jac. :)

Love the new avatar too by the way!!! ;)

Jac
12-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks. I took it last night:D .

Donna
12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Just make sure when you speak to her she is sober - otherwise you wont get a decent conversation.... and if she is sober she probably cant remember her drunken abuse from before....