PDA

View Full Version : I knew it was going to happen.

Socks
11-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Yesterday, Maiah wasn't feeling to well, she slept all day and she would let out small "Mews" every now and then. We took her to the vet and they said that her belly was grmbeling alot, and it was just a bad stomach ache so, they gave her some meds and they sent her back home with the word "Sleep,attetion,and warmth is her only cure" so, I got home, laid down and held her to my chest while she was sleeping. I was petting her, and she started purring and out of the blue, Socks jumped up, pounced on her and hissed untill she ran and he laid down and took her place and started purring. Then, I fed her and him and it was the SAME thing...but he chased her off and ate her food, and would let her only eat his. Then, this morning, he would let her get near me, if she laid in my lap, he would sit infront of me and just make the most wretched meow untill she got off.

So, I asked the vet and they said it sounds like jelousy. Which brought me to holding Socks a little bit more and playing with him privatly and I even played with them both and things start to be getting better. However, now Maiah is starting to act like he did. o.o;;

So, I'm kind of confussed on what I should do. Kyle came over and played with Socks while I played with Maiah. It worked!....however, Kyle can only stay at my house 2 times a week due to the Navy. So, what should I do when I have two jealous kittens?

Socks
11-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh, let me add that they don't fight. Infact just an hour ago they were cleaning each other and playing. However, Socks is starting to get independent like sleeping in the closset and playing on his own and just not wanting to be around with Maiah is with me.

Fran
12-07-2007, 12:07 AM
time, patience and equal amounts of love for both of them I think ;)

Socks
12-07-2007, 03:46 AM
Thats what I thought too ^_^ Socks is probally just new to having somebody else around him.

Mags
12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
They'll get used to each other eventually .......as Fran said, patience and equal amounts of love. It's still all very new to both of them yet;)