PDA

View Full Version : Domino is (hopefully) neutered tomorrow

Samz5
11-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Well a whole year after this stray cat first walked through our catflap, with a big open wound on his neck and this week he will finally be brought into the house as a member of the family.
He's booked in for tomorrow for neutering and to have his teeth sorted out, just got to wait for him to stroll in this afternoon and keep him shut in overnight :shock:, I can just tell this is going to be a nightmare, this is a cat who has been living on the streets for about 3 -4 years I don't think he'll enjoy being shut in one room overnight.
So we've got to Domino proof our office today, which will mainly involve moving everything out of 'spray' distance and covering the computers with dustbin liners overnight. Then he'll have to stay in here for recovery, and hopefully our cats will like him a little more once hes been done.

Fran
11-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Big day/changes for Domino!! I do hope that he suprises you with how very well he settles indoors. Keep us posted and good luck to him for tomorrow and you for tonight!!

alexgirl73
11-07-2007, 11:35 AM
aww, will be thinking of him! Hope it all goes well.

dinahsmum
11-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Good luck with/for Domino.
I'm still kicking myself that i didn't snaffle an unneutered male stray/homeless boy (Mr Balls :roll: :oops: ) who used to hang around and sometimes came into the house - full of scabs, abscesses, scratches etc. He was so bad the next-to-last time I saw him 'whole' that I determined next time he came in the house I'd nab him and get him to the vet and then try to totally domesticate him. He next came in on a Saturday morning - I knew I couldn't keep him in the house till Monday and I thought 2 days in the shed would stress him to bits, so I gave him a bit of a cuddle, a bit of food and told myself 'next time'. Didn't work. Somebody along the road had the same idea and snaffled him instead.
It was good to see him blossom into a happy, healthy, plump, house cat though.
Sounds as though Domino is ready to give up his life on the tiles and settle in front of the fire instead. Good luck

Mags
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Good luck with Domino tonight and I hope everything goes well for him tomorrow:D Fingers crossed too that he settles in quietly with your other cats ;)

charliebubs
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Good luck with keping him in and I hope it all goes well at the vets for him.

He should be grateful after all!!!! :)

Jac
11-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Any update??? As in has he shown up? It doesnt sound like it will be easy

Samz5
11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
No sign of him yet, I know he ate in the early hours of the morning because he cleans every last scrap of food of the plates, our cats always leave a bit, this morning the plates were clean and Rags was starving! A sure sign that Domino has been round.
I expect him to turn up anytime between now and 10pm, for his dinner... I have to go babysit my little brothers in a little while so my b/f will deal with him until I get home. We are ready!! I will post later tonight and let you know how its going!

mable1718
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM
aww will be thinking of him hopes it all goes well

Samz5
12-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Well he's here! He turned up about 10.30 apparently, and was not to happy about being shut in as expected, but hes been here a couple of hours and has settled down a bit, hes happy enough for now. So tomorrows the big day at last!

dinahsmum
12-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Good luck Domino - it's for your own good old boy!

Jac
12-07-2007, 09:45 AM
I hope all goes well with Domino today.

Fran
12-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Good luck Domino!!

charliebubs
12-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Good luck Domino and Sam!!! :)

I hope you can get him in a carrier safely!! ;)

Samz5
12-07-2007, 11:23 AM
He was good as gold, getting him in the carrier, the car journey and at the vets.
They are going to leave him until last to operate since he did actually eat after 10pm, and phone us once they've checked if his teeth need any work so we can decide if we want that done today.

I forgot to say we are actually using a different vet surgery this time, because everyone raves about how good they are, so we're giving them a try.

Fran
12-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Awww, what a good boy he is!! I do hope you like the new vet surgery, it sounds like it comes highly recommended :cool:

Samz5
12-07-2007, 12:56 PM
The vet has phoned, hes just looked at Domino's teeth, there is one that needs either a root canal filling (never had a vet who does fillings before!) or the tooth removed, since the filling will cost lots of money and we're still not 100% sure hes going to live here hes going to have the tooth removed... and at a reduced rate since he's a stray who were taking on!
Also he thinks Domino is only about 3/4 years old, he just looks older because of his hard life, and he did comment on him having a lovely nature too.

Fran
12-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Sounds like a super vet you have found there!! :cool:

Mags
12-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Good luck to Domino and well done to you for caring about him so much ;)

Donna
12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Hope Domino appreciates all this love and attention!

charliebubs
12-07-2007, 02:50 PM
That does sound like a good vet. :)

I'm pleased to hear that it's all going well at the vets for Domino. I bet he'll be glad to be home with you tonight. :)

Samz5
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Well hes home and very happy to be here too, he's been purring and rubbing all over me, he's had some food and is now having a nap.
The other cats aren't at all bothered, in fact Mitz lets herself in here to see whats going on (she can open doors easily) and is quite happy to sit in here with him... but it does mean we have to tape the door handle up to make sure she doesn't let him out when were not here or sleeping.

dinahsmum
12-07-2007, 07:53 PM
That's all sounding good. He'll be good as new (better!) after a good night's sleep.
The boy I nearly got (Mr Balls aka George) just blossomed. He was a softie too, never cut out to be a footloose tom (hence all his battle scars), and it took him no time to blossom into a beautiful young cat (He too looked ancient but was only a young thing; I don't think toms without a home have a long life expectancy :( )

Samz5
12-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Well I'll have to keep you updated on Domino, I keep meaning to post more cat pictures so this will be a good reason!

I love the name Mr Balls that keeps making me smile :)

Mags
12-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Glad Domino is home and all went well ......also pleased to hear he appears to be fitting in ok with his new family!:D

Looking forward to the pics of him!;)

Fran
12-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh so pleased to read this news :cool: I think Domino will be a stayer ;)

alexgirl73
12-07-2007, 09:40 PM
aww, glad he's 'home' and I bet he stays!

Moli
12-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Fantastic to hear Domino is home and recovering and he is fitting in with the rest...

charliebubs
13-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm so pleased to hear that he's home and well. It sounds as though he's going to be a lovely young man!!!! :)

Looking forward to pics. ;)