PDA

View Full Version : hernia

catsinc4
07-07-2007, 10:22 PM
has anyone had any bad luck and had a cat grabbed by a dog??roxxi was grabbed by a greyhound it shook her about a bit,when she came in she was wet from its mouth but looked ok,3 days later a lump appeared on her side!!trip to the vets bank hol monday!!hernia and had to have an emergancy op!!omg not having much luck am i!!she has recovered fine the lump has completely gone now and the fur is growing back..

Elaine
07-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Poor baby xxx
I think those dear cats need to come live with me until your run of bad luck runs out:lol:
Glad she has mended well though.
Did you see it happen? Was the dog alone or did it have a human companion?

catsinc4
07-07-2007, 10:30 PM
the dog was with teenagers on a lead well i call it a lead!!skinny piece of leather really and it snapped the lead!!i had said to the girls carefull with that dog as it will catch a cat espec with roxxi having a funny back,well it had her.i didnt see it but i saw her running away and getting under the fence where the dog couldnt get!!i spoke to the police about it and they spoke to owner and the girls about keeping it under control.didnt help roxxi tho!!

catsinc4
07-07-2007, 10:32 PM
i was just thankfull it wasnt Tia!!Roxxi has been brought up with a dog and the 1s around here are all ok with cats so i guess she wasnt quick enough to realise it meant business!!and youre not having my cats:)

Elaine
07-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Poor Roxxi. xxx

Moli
08-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Poor Roxxi, hope she is recovering...

alexgirl73
08-07-2007, 09:58 AM
poor Roxxi. hope she is feeling better now!

Mags
08-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Poor Roxxi, I hope she'll feel better soon.....

My previous cat was caught by a dog as he crossed through my next door neighbour's garden. He was usually very wary of the dog and ran across quickly to jump up over their 6' fence. However, he wasn't quick enough this time and the dog caught him on his back end and ripped his 'pompoms' :oops: He needed to have 'things' pushed back inside and stitched up:? Poor boy was quiet for a few days but it didn't stop him from going in the garden again!

kado
08-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Sending Roxxi a big hug from me. I hope she is feeling better. About a year ago a dog a friend was just about to look after a patterdale terrier called bailey chased kado at that time he couldnt jump fences so he got pinned to a side fence. he was very lucky has he didnt get hurt but i did kado bit me and i have the scar to show for it. It wasnt the dogs fault it had just beign passed from one person too another and the owner did appoiges and did my nails for free she is a nail tecniton.

jane

Samz5
09-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Poor Roxxi, hope shes feeling better now.
I had a kitten attacked by a dog once, the dog was on a lead with a muzzle and when he saw my 2 kittens he broke the lead/muzzle and grabbed Rio and was shaking him, then let go and ran away.... Rio was covered with blood, very shaken, we cleaned him up and he didn't have a scratch on him, he had clawed the dog up the nose and it was all the dogs blood.
The owners of the dog didn't even say anything, just took off with their dog and left us with this kitten covered in blood!

catsinc4
09-07-2007, 01:35 PM
roxxi did get a scratch in she cut the dogs eye,owner wasnt too bothered!!grrrrrr when the girls took it back and told him he laughed!!!thats what prompted me to go to the police about it!!he said its a lovely dog really gentle with kids!!!quite what that had to do with i dont know!!no doubt it is a gentle dog but nature is nature and it will chase!of all the dogs a greyhound is going to catch it!annoying there arent any reAL LAWS out there to potect this.but roxxi is just fine wary of dogs now(about time).she was only miserable with the collar on anyway lol had to wear it as she ripped out her stitches in the vets after being speyed so couldnt take any chances!!