PDA

View Full Version : A stuffed nose.

Socks
06-07-2007, 04:53 AM
The new kitten we got has a bad stuffed nose. What can I do to ease her sneezing?

Socks
06-07-2007, 08:25 AM
It's 2:23 a.m and I just can't sleep lol. She dosn't sneeze that much, it's just her snorting from time to time that wakes me up, gets the damp cloth and whipe her nose...but there's barely any disscharge. It's like when you get a cold and only a little comes out. She was playing earlier (Not much) and she dosn't have a tempature. So, I'm just a worrey wort cause Kyle keeps telling me "It's only a cold hun, go to bed" Lol I'm just uber-worried XP

Elaine
06-07-2007, 08:46 AM
New cats often get a little snotty due to being a little stressed etc. My friend Dawn who does rescue gets alot of snotty kitties in, her vet recomends placing a bowl of hot water with some Olbias oil in it in the room to help ease congestion. If it continues for more than a few days, best to get the kitty checked as it may need a little antibiotic or something to help.

Elaine
06-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Meant to add, dont leave the bowl and kitty unsupervised though coz we dont want the kitty scalding itsself or drinking the olbias oil.

Jac
06-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Socks am I right to think you found this little kitten? If you did there could be an underlaying reason to it being dumped. Like cat flu or something. Not everyone cares for there animls as we all know. I would say take the little one to the Vet ASAP. Easpecially as you have another cat.
Please let us know how you get on.
Edited to ask. Does she have blisters in her tounge? If yes get an emergency appointment at the Vet. Dont let her mix with Socks.

Elaine
06-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Socks am I right to think you found this little kitten? If you did there could be an underlaying reason to it being dumped. Like cat flu or something. Not everyone cares for there animls as we all know. I would say take the little one to the Vet ASAP. Easpecially as you have another cat.
Please let us know how you get on.
Edited to ask. Does she have blisters in her tounge? If yes get an emergency appointment at the Vet. Dont let her mix with Socks.

Poor mite. In that case I agree with Jac.

Socks
06-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Well, we took her to the vet as soon as we came in, and she is just a bit stressed ^_^. Socks and her did play last night and after reading your post I was like "O_O;;" Oh no.." but ^_^ Her nose is looking a little clear today and we got her some kitten milk to build up her ammune system. Not to mention last night she crawled up to my neck and jumped on my head playing with my hair T_T

tilly
06-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Another thing you can do if she is a bit blocked up is if you hvaae a humidifier then add some eucalyptus oil to it this will help clear her up although she would need to be in the room with the humidifier. But it sound like you have it sorted.

Sally

dandysmom
06-07-2007, 09:00 PM
How is she doing now, Socks? Any improvement with the snuffling?

mable1718
06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
i hope she is ok now just catching up lol

Fran
06-07-2007, 09:29 PM
A 'cold' in a month old kitten is very serious so i'm glad you have seen the vet. A good way to help a stuffed nose is to put kitty in the bathroom with you, perhaps in a carier whilst you are taking a shower, the steam helps unblock the nose. Let us know how she gets on..

Socks
07-07-2007, 02:41 AM
She barely snorted today and the vet said her nose wasn't that stuffed but only a little so she just go a shot and it should be gone in a 2 days or 3. She also gave me antibiodics for Socks unless he comes down with it. She's doing soooo much better! Her eyes are the only thing left to take care of and we got a gel for that.