PDA

View Full Version : Well, She's here. ^_^

Socks
06-07-2007, 04:22 AM
Well, sadly the cream colored kitten died due to heart and lung problems. I was very upset, but she died in peace and not in pain.

Even though it was a very sad loss..A little bundle of joy crawled our way. Today, me and my boyfriend found a small fluffy chocolate brown kitten...She's very small.

She is very skinny,Ears were INVESTED with ear mites, it sounds as if she has a stuffed nose, and a bit of film over her left eye. (I'll show pics)

She's in a mess,however Garfeild was in a MUCH worse state, so I'm sure just a visit to the vet will be fine ^_^

We have antibiodics from when Socks had gotten a small cold and we're givving that to her. It looks as if she has alot of dust in her eyes. so thats probally the reason why her eyes are so swollen...but..

SHE'S SO ADORABLEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's a bit afraid of humans..but not too afraid where she runs away really fast and hides.

Well, I'll probally post in the medical thread to get some extra info.

I'll take as many pics as I can as soon as she wakes up (she's not afraid of the camera though ^_^)

smudgley
06-07-2007, 09:00 AM
It's not really a good idea to give her medication that was prescibed for another pet.

Iw ould take her to the vet ASAP.

Also although she's tiny, she may have a contagious infection / condition which could pass onto your other cat.

Jane
06-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Congrats on the new kitty, hope she gets well soon. I'm confused though, where is the kitten from? Surely a rescue shouldn't be rehoming animals in this condition without tell you what's wrong/medication/etc etc.

Socks
06-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, we had meds from Socks when he had a small cold and it was to help with getting his amune system up. I called my vet and I asked him if it was okey and he said it was as long as I only give her a VERY small bit. I told him her symptoms and he said just to whipe her face with a warm cloth and keep an eye on her all night. I did try my hardest to not Let socks get all excited and run into the room, but I don't have a door and nothing big enough to block it.

We did take Maiah and Socks to the Vet and they took a look at him. Socks is over-eating ( -_-;; ) and Maiah is just a little stressed and needs to be bottle fed. She also needs drops for her eyes.

The thing about taking an uncared kitten into my home is that I just can't sit by and watch an animal suffering in my own front yard. Because if it runs away, then I'ms tuck with the guilt "I could of helped.." I do that with almost all my animals -_-;; Scruffy I found when I was little and hid her from my parents untill she started whining (She had two broken legs) and we took care of her. Oreo I found when I was driving home on the side of the road and she was covered in blood from a dog fight I'm guessing. Then my guinea pigs were from owners who didn't take care of them and little 3 year olds that were throwing them around.

So, I just can't help it XP I guess it's a curse T_T

Socks
06-07-2007, 05:48 PM
We did ask everywhere and we did manage to find the owner. The mother cat was ran over and the kittens just started to wander off. I asked if she wanted it back and she said that she couldn't take care of it but she would give me some money to help with the vet-bills. She's a really nice lady ^_^ I gave her a hug :D

Moli
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Good gor you taking on the little girl, hope she begins to pick up soon...

Socks
06-07-2007, 06:31 PM
She has :D She's been playing like crazy.

dandysmom
06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Poor little one! Sounds as if she's found a good home; she should be fine after a trip to the vet and a checkup! I hope the other kittens were as lucky .......

Socks
06-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I know a old lady got one of the kittens. The mother had 3 so hopefully the other one was found aswell.

Kyle is a mess since she is long haired. He's been miserable all day, so we're keeping her in a seperate room for now.

mable1718
06-07-2007, 09:12 PM
i hope she settles in and likes her new home

Socks
07-07-2007, 01:56 AM
We just got back from the vets again. They gave her a shot that would get rid of her kitty-cold as they called it and gave me some antibiodics to help with it. They also de-wormed her and cleaned out her ear mites ^^

dandysmom
07-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Good news! She must feel so much better! Hope the ABs clear up the cold very soon. Any chance of pics of the little new girl?

smudgley
07-07-2007, 01:13 PM
There are some pics in the pics section Eileen ;)

alexgirl73
07-07-2007, 01:15 PM
That's good to hear Socks! Let's hope she picks up quickly now and gets to be a kitten!

Mags
07-07-2007, 01:39 PM
That's good news Socks! I hope the AB's will get to work on her soon and get rid of those snuffles. Being wormed and ear mites attended to should make her feel lots better too...:D

Socks
07-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Yup ^^ shes allready playing, however. socks is being a little too rough w/ her.So, any way I can teach him not to do that?

Jac
07-07-2007, 07:50 PM
They'll work it out, don't worry. Glad you have her sorted:-D