PDA

View Full Version : Advice from dog owners

kado
05-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi all. I know lots of you have dogs and was wondering if you had any ideas about my friends dog. He is 14yrs and as bouts of wind ever so often. He then wants togo out which she takes him and the moment she goes back to bed tries to get her attetion by stracting at the door. He is fed on the same food and she doesnt alter it at all. He has begin to the vets about it, he also doent sleep very well. Have you any ideas of what you can give him to help is wind, she thinks its that what keeps him awake at night.

jane

Elaine
06-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Would charcoal buiscuits help?
Maybe she should consider changing his diet as these things are usually conected.
What does she feed him? Maybe a gluten free diet would help.

Fran
06-07-2007, 09:14 AM
What food does she feed him?

kado
06-07-2007, 10:40 AM
she feeds him iams dry buscuits. The only treat he as is doggy chews.

jane

Kim
06-07-2007, 01:24 PM
I personally would never feed any dog (or cat) Iams, apart from the ethical issues I don't think it is a very good food. So diet would be an obvious one to change. Burns, nutro, autarky are all good food and natural ingredients. She could try adding a spoonful of bio yoghurt to the food. Some deep chested dogs are more prone to wind and it may help to feed from a raised bowl. I find tripe sticks & pigs ears give my dogs wind!!

kado
06-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks for all your comments and i will tell my friend all your advice.

jane