PDA

View Full Version : Why can't anything be simple?

Soupie
03-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Trying to sort out getting Quando transferred to me on the TICA register and it's so difficult - I have to send funds in US$ but in a money order not cash and trying to find somewhere to do this is not easy :roll:

AND it costs more in fees than the money order will be for :mad:

Any suggestions on this one?

charliebubs
03-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Gosh, no idea - sorry.

My cats are GCCF registered and they are UK based. I have never dealt with TICA.

Is it possible to change it to GCCF registration? Or is there a TICA helpline number that you can call for advice? I know that the GCCF are very helpful on the phone - hopefully TICA will be the same.

Can you show him before you have transferred the papers?? :?

Mags
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I would have thought a Bank would be able to issue a money order in US$, Soupie. Try phoning or calling in to the bank to enquire.......if they don't do it, I'm sure they could give your some advice on it...

Let us know how you get on;)

charliebubs
03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
You can also pay by credit card or PayPal. You could set up a PayPal account in a few minutes if you don't already have one........

http://www.tica-uk.org.uk/html/transferring.html

http://www.paypal.co.uk/uk

Jac
03-07-2007, 02:08 PM
There you go then. Auntie Charlie to the rescue:-D bet your glad you posted that now!!!!

charliebubs
03-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Also, Soupie, I have just read on the TICA website that GCCF reg cats can be entered into TICA shows as long as they are "dual-registered"........so presumably this means that TICA reg cats can be entered into GCCF shows too. :?

I wonder if it might be worth your while calling the GCCF and having a chat to them about it?? The GCCF run more shows here than TICA do, so it would give you a wider variety of shows to enter if Quando was dual-registered. :)

http://www.gccfcats.org/contact.html

Hope that all helps ;)

Soupie
03-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Charliebubs - they didn't tell me I could paypal - they said cheque or money order only :roll: Nightmare! I have a paypal account so that is no problem :)

Re GCCF - he is already GCCF registered (he was dual registered at birth) and I have already done that transfer but I want to be able to do TICA shows as well as the Selkirk Rex is eligibile for Championship Status with TICA but isn't yet with GCCF ;)

charliebubs
03-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Re GCCF - he is already GCCF registered (he was dual registered at birth) and I have already done that transfer but I want to be able to do TICA shows as well as the Selkirk Rex is eligibile for Championship Status with TICA but isn't yet with GCCF ;)

Oh, that is good news!!!!! You're way ahead of me then!!! lol

Can't wait to hear how you get on at your first show, Soupie, and of course we'll want lots of pics!!! ;)

Soupie
03-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Quando is already a TICA Champion so would be nice to go higher and there are several TICA shows a year within comfortable driving distance for us both from my house so there is a method in my madness.

As I said have done my GCCF transfer already and entered him in some GCCF shows :D

Soupie
03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh, that is good news!!!!! You're way ahead of me then!!! lol

Can't wait to hear how you get on at your first show, Soupie, and of course we'll want lots of pics!!! ;)

In some bits - although didn't find that bit on the TICA website and their email response to my enquiry was less than helpful to say the least - "We only accept US dollars." - that was it, no other methods of payment mentioned :roll:

Can't wait for first show - have ordered all my stuff already and got bathing practice all lined up :p

Jac
03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Good luck when the shows come round then. With out saying too much, will you be showing soon?

charliebubs
03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Woo hoo - there's no stopping you now!!!!! ;)

I look forward to meeting you and Quando at a show one day. :)

Soupie
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Good luck when the shows come round then. With out saying too much, will you be showing soon?

Yes at the end of July - then hopefully two in August and two in September depending on when my operation is scheduled for.

I am going to seriously campaign next year as he won't get his full curls until he is 3 and he should do better then. The plan this year is for me to learn how to show him :) I was comparing him to the breed standard last night and everything is where it should be ;)

Mags
03-07-2007, 02:46 PM
That sounds so exciting Soupie, I wish you lots of luck with the Shows ............and as Charlie has said.....lots of piccies please!!;)

Jac
03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Sounds good then Soupie. All the best for your shows.

dandysmom
03-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Soupie, are you sure you can't pay by credit card? When I've needed to pay things in pounds (Emma's Moonwalk, the Catsey Sponsor fee) I've just indicated the amount in pounds and they debited it from my account in the US dollar amount...no problems whatsoever! Seems that it should work equally well in reverse...good luck!

Fran
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
You sound all set and ready to go Soupie :cool: Exciting times ahead!!!

Soupie
04-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Soupie, are you sure you can't pay by credit card? When I've needed to pay things in pounds (Emma's Moonwalk, the Catsey Sponsor fee) I've just indicated the amount in pounds and they debited it from my account in the US dollar amount...no problems whatsoever! Seems that it should work equally well in reverse...good luck!

I don't have a credit card ;) Anyway Paypal is fine - after nagging them more there were other options there were just being awkward :roll:

All my show gear came today! - New larger carrier for long journeys, some super absorbent towels, white blanket (already have some vetbed as well), shampoo for curls and shampoo for black cats, texturizing spray, white stuff - tray, food and water bowls and some ear and eye wipes :D

Really excited now :) The only thing I need is a Denman Triple comb which I haven't been able to find for love nor money :oops:

All this fun is just nearly taking my mind off my leg and the complications with that ;)

Mags
04-07-2007, 11:55 AM
It's surprising how much you need to get for Showing isn't it?:D You must be so excited about it too! :D

Just a thought Soupie, why not go into your local hairdresser and ask if they can get you the Denman Triple comb?