PDA

View Full Version : Bubs' Tail...

sammy
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
...seems to be limp :( Just noticed her tail is limp from about one inch from the base. I tried to examine her and it does feel a little swollen, but I couldn't see any obvious injury - mind you it was a very brief examination before she went for me :shock: Will try again when I have an assistant (OH) to hold her!

She seems well enough in herself - any thoughts?

Sammy.x

Mags
02-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I wonder if she could have trapped her tail in somewhere......like a door, and bruised it? :?

sammy
02-07-2007, 10:22 PM
It's possible Mags - would it go like that if it was just bruised? Am just hoping it's not broken.....

Mags
02-07-2007, 10:26 PM
If it was badly bruised it would swell and be painful ....... if it's still like it tomorrow, I'd be inclined to let the vet check it out just in case...:?

dandysmom
02-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I agree with Mags, if it's not better tomorrow, give the vet a ring and see if she should come in to be checked. Is she eating OK and seems otherwise normal?

Moli
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
My cat Leo, fell on his tail, it was limp at the end, took him to the vet, she gave him a painkiller and he was right as rain a few days later..

Fran
02-07-2007, 10:39 PM
I had a cat a few years ago that came home from being out one day with a severe tail limp and she was crying with pain. The vet x-rayed and she had dislocated one of the bones, sort of slipped disc equivelent in humans. The vet said she may / may not regain use of the tail and that it might need amputating if she didn't, luckily with rest and drugs she did regain full use of it. I do think it would be worth getting it checked out if it is still limp by morning. Do let us know how you get on ....

sammy
02-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks all for your advice. She seems fine in herself, have just treated them both to a tin of tuna and she gobbled it up! :D Managed to get another feel of it and it doesn't seem too swollen. As you say, I'll see how it is in the morning and will pop her along to the vets if it's no better.

Probably just me panicking - just a bit scary when they come home like that at night and you're all alone! Grateful that you're all there! :)