PDA

View Full Version : Another showing question for dunces :blush:

Soupie
02-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Ok so I got my GCCF rule book and looked up the 13 day rule as I keep seeing this rule quoted everywhere and the way it is quoted leads me to believe that you must leave 13 days between shows :?

So I can enter two shows a fortnight apart? - eg 1st and 14th September? I said it was a question for dummies :oops:

Jac
02-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Soupie
I have been looking at the rules as well. I think your right. As long as there are 13 days apart.
Someone will be along soon that shows. It's all very confusing isn't it?

Fran
02-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi yes you have to leave 13 clear days between shows and that means that no one else can show any cats from your household within the thirteen days either. Most shows )(but not all) are on Saturdays so if, for example, you showed a cat on Saturday 1st September then the next show you would be able to show at would be Saturday 15th September. You can show two different cats on the same date at different shows but then you still have to have the 13 day rule before you can show again. Hope this explains it for you :?

Mags
02-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Just out of interest Fran, why do they have that rule?

Fran
02-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Just out of interest Fran, why do they have that rule?

I think it's to do with the possibility of picking up infections etc at shows. The thirteen days would allow for enough time for a cat that had picked any bugs to incubate and then show signs of illness. It's all to do with reducing the risk of transmitting illness between cats

Mags
02-07-2007, 12:02 PM
I think it's to do with the possibility of picking up infections etc at shows. The thirteen days would allow for enough time for a cat that had picked any bugs to incubate and then show signs of illness. It's all to do with reducing the risk of transmitting illness between cats
Ah! thanks Fran, that makes sense ;)