PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go?

Az
30-06-2007, 07:00 PM
If you could move anywhere in the world - where would you go and why?

To make things 'fair' let's say you had £500,000 (about $1,000,000 US dollars or $1,182,125 AUD) to spend on the house/property. And then all you needed to do was get a job.

So where would you go and why? :grin:

Mags
30-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Could I have it as a holiday home and come back to good old UK when I wanted to Az?;)

Jac
30-06-2007, 07:06 PM
I'd move next door but one to Moli:lol: . Or a place like it. No noise and have as many animals as I wanted to. In the country side. Bliss

Mags
30-06-2007, 07:08 PM
I'd move next door but one to Moli:lol: . Or a place like it. No noise and have as many animals as I wanted to. In the country side. Bliss
You won't be spending all your £500,000 then Jac ...... so could I have your change please??? :-D

Jac
30-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Of course you can Mags:-D But what do you want it for? (If you dont mind me asking)

Mags
30-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Of course you can Mags:-D But what do you want it for? (If you dont mind me asking)
Oh I could think up plenty of ways to use it Jac!! :-D

Jac
30-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Still no info Mags:lol: :lol: You dark horse you:-D If you leave the country though can I have Cassie to look after?

Az
30-06-2007, 07:16 PM
C'mon you lot - it has to be another country, don't be boring :lol:

Somewhere warmer? Cooler? Cheaper? ?????

PS your pets can go with you!

Mags
30-06-2007, 07:20 PM
C'mon you lot - it has to be another country, don't be boring :lol:

Somewhere warmer? Cooler? Cheaper? ?????

PS your pets can go with you!

OK Az..................Barbados!!!! :-D Not cold and not too hot.........Bajuns are very nice and polite..........food is lovely..............steel bands are hypnotic ..........only 8 and a half hours away by plane!! :D

Donna
30-06-2007, 07:22 PM
I would move to somewhere like the Carribean. Hot and sunny and no mortgage!!!

Mags
30-06-2007, 07:24 PM
I would move to somewhere like the Carribean. Hot and sunny and no mortgage!!!
See you there Donna!! :-D

Donna
30-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Nice to imagine when the weather is like this in the UK!!!!!

alexgirl73
30-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Canada!! In an instant, it has always been my dream to emigrate there! Propers ummers and winters, beautiful scenery and lots of space.

yola
30-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Italy. A converted farmhouse in the north and some land for cats. And then with the change a small, city centre apartment in Krakow, Poland in one of the old tenement blocks :D

dandysmom
30-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Provence! Lovely climate, incredible food, beautiful countryside! And enough money left over to hire an interpreter as I don't speak French!

hat about you Az ?????? Your dream spot?

charliebubs
30-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Back to Melbourne for me!!! :)

I'd live back there in a flash if I could get a visa and take all my furbabes (Kuta would be going home!! lol). I'd live in the Mornington Peninsula area - on the coast, near to some great scuba diving sites but only an hour on the train into the city. :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - to dream!!!!!! :)

Az
30-06-2007, 11:34 PM
What about you Az ?????? Your dream spot?

:-D

I've always had a soft spot for Australia :)

English speaking (too old to learn a new language now! lol)
Warm (ok, HOT!! I love the sunshine!!)
House prices are more reasonable than over here
Better standard of living (fresh homegrown produce etc)
Cheaper technology (liek computers etc)
Lovely beaches
Great country side
Quite a progressive country

Drawbacks - too far from family (they all live here in the UK), but on the plus side means they could come over for long holidays! :cool:

Fran
01-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Australia for me too!! Although I can't imagine how my horse would cope with the flight there :shock: :-D

mable1718
01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
ok then az i would go and live in spain take my catsw ith me and get a job as a goalkeeper

Kim
01-07-2007, 04:08 PM
My OH is Australian and comes from Melbourne. We spent 4 weeks in Aus a few years ago. I did love it, but is is too big, hardly any history and no quaint villages or country pubs!! Also much too far away from my family. However, my son has said he would like to live there in the future, both my children have dual passports, so no need for visas! OH still uses an Aussie passport.

If money was no object I would most definitely move to the New Forest, it is my favourite place. Lots of lovely forest, nice countryside, some fabulous forest inns, good beaches nearby and the I.O.W. not too far away. I would live in a thatched cottage near Hythe or Brockenhurst.

smudgley
01-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I'd stay right here. :shock:

I'm so happy where I live, I'd just stay here, even if I could live anywhere in the world!:cool:

Never travelled & have no desire to travel anywhere outside of the uk, just doesn't appeal to me.:roll:

MrsH
01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
I've always wanted to live on an island. Perhaps one of the smaller Channel Islands, one without any cars! but I could go to Guernsey, Jersey and France for shopping!!

charliebubs
01-07-2007, 09:05 PM
My OH is Australian and comes from Melbourne. We spent 4 weeks in Aus a few years ago. I did love it, but is is too big, hardly any history and no quaint villages or country pubs!! Also much too far away from my family. However, my son has said he would like to live there in the future, both my children have dual passports, so no need for visas! OH still uses an Aussie passport.

OMG - I'm soooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!

Kim.....................please will you and your OH adopt me??!?!?!?!?!??? I promise to be the model daughter!!! :) :-D

Kim
01-07-2007, 10:34 PM
OMG - I'm soooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!

Kim.....................please will you and your OH adopt me??!?!?!?!?!??? I promise to be the model daughter!!! :) :-D

We'd be delighted to!!! ;) :-D :lol:

puddytats
01-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I'd stay right here. :shock:

I'm so happy where I live, I'd just stay here, even if I could live anywhere in the world!:cool:

Never travelled & have no desire to travel anywhere outside of the uk, just doesn't appeal to me.:roll:

i'd stay here too, but i'd love to move to the countryside,,, i think britain has some beautiful places.
i'd love some were for my cats and dogs to rome around and explore:)

charliebubs
02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
We'd be delighted to!!! ;) :-D :lol:

Awwww - thanks!!!!!!!!! :oops: :D

Where do I get my dual-citizenship then!?!?!??!! pleaseeeeeeeeee. lol :-D :-D :-D

Kim
02-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Awwww - thanks!!!!!!!!! :oops: :D

Where do I get my dual-citizenship then!?!?!??!! pleaseeeeeeeeee. lol :-D :-D :-D

You have to earn it!! Now I have a pile of ironing, some washing, cleaning........... :-D :-D

charliebubs
03-07-2007, 10:30 AM
You have to earn it!! Now I have a pile of ironing, some washing, cleaning........... :-D :-D

Hahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's all it takes - I'm there!!! Where do I sign!?!?! :-D :lol: :-D

Kim
03-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Hahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's all it takes - I'm there!!! Where do I sign!?!?! :-D :lol: :-D

If only it were that simple Charlie <<sigh>>

charliebubs
04-07-2007, 02:23 PM
If only it were that simple Charlie <<sigh>>

I know!!! <<double-sigh>> :roll:

Did you see that show last night on ITV - I think it's called "No place like home" or something along those lines?? They had a couple who had moved to Melbourne 4 years ago and were trying to decide whether to stay there or to come back here.

Gosh - I was screaming at the telly for them to stay!!! They did in the end, but afterwards the voice-over-person said that 3 months after the programme was filmed they came back to the UK :shock:

I'm sure they will regret it. I do wish that I hadn't had to come home. :?

Where in Melbourne/Victoria is your OH from Kim??

Kim
04-07-2007, 07:21 PM
He is from Bentleigh, Charlie, and his family had a holiday home on Philip Island. His sister lives in Benalla, and his mum & brother live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.

I did see the programme, it ws interesting. I can understand how the guy felt, I think I would be homesick too if we lived there!

charliebubs
05-07-2007, 01:49 PM
He is from Bentleigh, Charlie, and his family had a holiday home on Philip Island. His sister lives in Benalla, and his mum & brother live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.

I did see the programme, it ws interesting. I can understand how the guy felt, I think I would be homesick too if we lived there!

I don't know where Bentleigh is :? I lived in Southbank for a while and then St Kilda East. :D

I loved Philip Island - we went to see the penguins (of course!!). It's quite a funny little place!!

Queensland..............now that's the place to live ;)

I can understand the homesickness of that man a bit - I did get homesick at times and I did miss my family. It was hard not being able to just pop round for tea and a chat, but I think that the pros far outweighed the cons!!!! Just my opinion tho, of course :lol:

charliebubs
05-07-2007, 01:49 PM

Ooooooooooooooooooo - brother!!!!!!! Single!?!?!?!?! lol :-D :-D :-D

Kim
06-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooo - brother!!!!!!! Single!?!?!?!?! lol :-D :-D :-D

afriad not - married with 2 kids!! :-D :-D