PDA

View Full Version : Bonsai kittens (explanation)

Jac
29-06-2007, 09:45 AM
I made a comment about a photo last night so here is my explanation)

A few years ago there was an uproar about a web site that was putting kittens at weeks old into bottles and containers.
They were feeding them through straws inserted into there tums and another in there bots for out put.
The result was bonsai kittens. Stunted unnatural shaped kittens.
To make matters worse you could place an order and grow your own.
The site was eventually closed down after petition's were set up.
Does anyone else remember this?

Emm
29-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I remember this was it not proven to be a fake?

Jac
29-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure. some said it was fake but some said it wasn't. Even if it was the person who thought it up was a sicko!

Emm
29-06-2007, 10:13 AM
hey there seem to be plenty of sickos out there just now :( I hope it was a fake

Jac
29-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Me too for the kitten's sake:( . The photo's were bad enough.

Emm
29-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I didn't look at the photos - I can't look at these things the images stay in my head for ages afterwards

Jac
29-06-2007, 10:26 AM
I wish I hadn't! that's why I said the photo reminded me of them:( . In order to sign the petition you had to follow the link.

Fran
29-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I do remember this Jac but I too thought that it had turned out to be a hoax??

Emm
29-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I just re-read your original post - what photo are you talking about? Is there a new one?

Jac
29-06-2007, 10:45 AM
No it was in the joke's last night. It was funny but it gave me a flash back if you know what I mean. It wasn't intentional.

I'm not sure Fran. Some said it was a hoax but others said it was for real and the man was named.

Darky
29-06-2007, 11:36 AM
If you actually viewed the website properly, you would have known it was a hoax from the very beginning.

90% of online website hoaxes are obvious when you look through the entire website, they always leave amusing little clues.

Claire m
29-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Here is a link it was a hoax thank god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai_Kitten

Fran
29-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Here is a link it was a hoax thank god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai_Kitten

I had heard it was a hoax, thank you for the link Claire, that put's all our minds at rest now

Mags
29-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Phew, that's a relief to know it was a hoax!

charliebubs
29-06-2007, 02:12 PM
OMG - I do remember that Jac. Those images were awful :( I'm not sure that I ever knew it was definitely a hoax - but thank goodness I do now. Phew!

Jac
29-06-2007, 02:39 PM
If you actually viewed the website properly, you would have known it was a hoax from the very beginning.

90% of online website hoaxes are obvious when you look through the entire website, they always leave amusing little clues.

Sorry Darky I'm obviously not as astute as you. I couldn't look at it with analytical eyes. Only Oh my g*d those poor kitten eyes.

ClairM Thanks for that link. I too was never sure if it was a hoax or not.
Thank goodness it was.
Sicko's!!!!!!

dandysmom
29-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I had never heard of this! And glad I didn't see the pics, the mere idea of doing that to an animal makes me absolutely sick!!! Thank God it was a hoax...what an utterly disgusting idea.......

Jac
29-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Yes DM made up by totally disgusting people:evil: I'll bet some sicko tried to copy it.

Darky
29-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Sorry Darky I'm obviously not as astute as you. I couldn't look at it with analytical eyes. Only Oh my g*d those poor kitten eyes.

ClairM Thanks for that link. I too was never sure if it was a hoax or not.
Thank goodness it was.
Sicko's!!!!!!

As cold as it might seem, when you've been using most areas of the internet for many years, you tend to become desensitised to that sort of thing.

Jac
29-06-2007, 05:24 PM
As cold as it might seem, when you've been using most areas of the internet for many years, you tend to become desensitised to that sort of thing.

Hehe I may have many years under my belt but as far as using the "net" I don't really. I come here, talk with my friends and that's about the extent of it. I may google an item I need on a really brave day!!!

scotty_rae
29-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Yea I Read Up On This When U Mentioned It, I Found A Fact That Is Was Fake & Supposed To Be A Joke... Who Ever Made It Had A Hefty Crap Sense Of Humour lol

Darky
29-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Hehe I may have many years under my belt but as far as using the "net" I don't really. I come here, talk with my friends and that's about the extent of it. I may google an item I need on a really brave day!!!

I use a lot of forums regularly, play online RPGs, research, share writing, explore interests, browse on-line communities, etc. o_o;

It's really common that I come across some very bizarre stuff.

dandysmom
29-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm like Jac, just use my computer for e-mail, shopping (lots!), checking weather and news. chatting on here; but I do Google frequently. That's about it.

Moli
29-06-2007, 09:29 PM
I remember that too....