PDA

View Full Version : A new playmate.

Socks
28-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, I have this kitten named Socks, and like all kittens, he's VERY playfull. However, I feel bad when I leave him to go to my Bf's house or anywhere in fact, cause he wines and he wants to go with me every where. None of my other animals will play with him. Garfeild use too, but now he's more like a fatherfigure who only scolds him when he does something wrong. He was taken away from his mother at a very young age, so I tried to be there for him always, but my social life is catching up. So, I've been thinking about getting him a play-mate. Someone to play with and sleep with, (Hopefully to eat with so he dosn't be such a porker all the time -_-;; ) cause I know it must get lonely in the house. However, the only way that I can adobt another kitten, is if I get rid of two animals. I said okey, cause we have so many o.o;;

We have 2 dogs,1 lizard,1 bird,I don't know how many fishes,2 guinea pigs,and 3 hermit crabs.

So, is it worth this to get a playmate for Socks? I also wouldn't mind having another kitten around the house ^^ I fell inlove with socks just like that, and I would probally fall in love with another one quickly.

Mags
28-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I agree it would be nice for Socks to have a little playmate, especially if he is going to be left alone at times.

As for having to get rid of two of your other pets, that is a hard decision and one that only you can make:?

Please keep us updated on your decision.....:cool:

Socks
28-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm thinking about the guinea pigs...Cause they're cute..but they're messy,make alot of noise, and they're ALLWAYS hungry XP So, I'm going to try and find a home for them, cause I don't want to give them to a stranger.

Socks
28-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Not to mention, now that Socks is getting his teeth..when he plays he bites,and everydayit hurts a little bit more lol. So, I'm almost positive I want to get him a play mate.

Mags
28-06-2007, 11:24 PM
:D I hope you can find a nice home for the guinea pigs and eventually find a new little friend for Socks! I'm sure they will have a lot of fun together too!:D

Socks
28-06-2007, 11:31 PM
When I go to pick a kitten out, I'll bring Socks along to see which one he gets along with the most. Would that be a good idea?

Mags
28-06-2007, 11:33 PM
I think that would be a lovely idea but be warned they may be very wary of each other at first....;):)

dandysmom
28-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Hmmmm, I'm a little wary of taking Socks along when you look for a playmate...does he travel well? Although I suppose he never has, so you don't know. Also, kittens aren't like puppies, ready to romp and play with one another upon introduction... I definitely agree another kitten would be nice for him, as Garfield is an adult, and may not be too interested in playing...do let us know what you decide...

Socks
28-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Socks loves to go places with us, He jumps in the car everytime we go somewhere and he sits above the airconditioner and looks outside.

Socks
29-06-2007, 12:32 AM
^_^ I found someone who will take both guinea pigs, She's a breeder and she has alot of them and she only gives them to people who WILL take care of them and also, she checks up every once in a while to see how they're doing. So ^^ I asked my Mom and she said it was fine to get another kitten for Socks (and me hehe ) So, we're going to look around for one as soon as we get the Guinea pigs out of the house.

Well, now that I know. What gender should I get for Socks? He's a Male and Garfeild is a Male.

dandysmom
29-06-2007, 02:34 AM
I don't think the sex really matters that much, as they'll both be altered at the appropriate age....but I'd be inclined to get a little female..my adult girls accepted a little male very well. and before that my adult male grudgingly at first and then enthusiastically accepted a female kitten. Go for the one you like! Or the one that picks you out!

Socks
29-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Okeyz ^^ Well, We looked around this afternoon, and we saw an adorable Siamese (sp) kitten that needs a good home. So, tomorow we're going to see him a little more ^^

dandysmom
29-06-2007, 02:44 AM
I love Siamese! I had a sealpoint boy, old-fashioned apple head, not the modern style named Su-ling; teriffic cat, smart as a whip, very vocal ! Had him for 14 years. Is the one you're looking at a rescue cat?

Socks
29-06-2007, 02:48 AM
Yes. The kitten has deep blue eyes and he's a tad older then Socks but only by a week. I haven't got his history yet, but I know that he was a stray. So, I'm probally going to give him another look and see if he has any illnesses before we pick him up and bring him home.

dandysmom
29-06-2007, 02:55 AM
Sounds good! Those two should be a handful; I hope his health checks out OK and Socks will have a lovely playmate! Well done you rehoming another little waif! Those blue eyes are stunning, aren't they?! Do let us know the outcome!

Socks
29-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Alright ^^ I will defently post about him/her. I'm already asking myself for names XP

dandysmom
29-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Or you could ask us! We love coming up with names...

mable1718
29-06-2007, 07:39 AM
i agree it would be nice for socks to have a little playmate

Socks
29-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Well, we're going to go to the Shelter today to take another look, The Siamese has been adopted and has found a good home ^^ so, for that I'm happy. In a way I want a girl ^_^ Just because we have 2 boy cats Loll

alexgirl73
29-06-2007, 10:30 PM
good luck with your search, I'm sure Socks will love a playmate!

dandysmom
29-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Good luck! I'm not surprised at all that the little Siamese boy was adopted quickly! As I said earlier, I'd suggest a girl kitten...you don't want to be outnumbered by the boys!

Socks
29-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah ^^ Well, we went up there, and I saw two kittens. I let Socks play with them, and they got along fine. (They hissed at eachother for about a minuet or so, but no fights happened) So, now I'm stuck with a decision. They both are long hair'd and theres two colors. 1 pure black, and 1 Creamy colored. They both are females so I'm like " YEY!" I'm looking at the Creamy colored ones, cause she was sooo cuddely and playfull. The black one had sort of an attitude and wouldn't get along with Socks aswell but the creamy one played with him as if they knew eachother their whole small lives.

Jane
30-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Looks like you've already made your decision to get the creamy coloured one ;)

dandysmom
30-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Soooo.... let us know, which did you pick????