PDA

View Full Version : Should i vacinate them now or later

kado
28-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I know there must be a thread about this somewhere. All my four cats go outside and are not vacinated. Kado and guinness where for the first year but not now. Because of simon and guinness beign ill and other problems i never got round to having them done. The vets have offered me the injections for a reduced rates which i now can manage. The other problem is i possibly could be moving before the summer holidays and i know i will have to keep them in for a while should i do it now or later and if i move how long should i keep them in for.

jane

charliebubs
28-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm not really sure about this, Jane, sorry. What does your vet suggest about keeping them in??

I would have thought that you could let them out within a couple of days - especially as they are outdoor cats now anyway. But, I'm not 100% sure. :?

Fran
28-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I have always kept my cats in 2-3 weeks if I moved house. Personally, I would get the vaccinations done whilst you can have the reduced rate :)

Jac
28-06-2007, 08:28 PM
If you can afford to get them done now I would say go for the reduced rate.
From passed experiance, when you move there are always things needing done that you didn't realise and the money runs through your fingers.

sarahd
29-06-2007, 08:37 AM
One good way to make sure the cats dont get lost when they go out in the new home and don't laugh is before you take them out of their cat carrier rub some margarine on their paws and then put them on the floor.
They lick the margarine off taking the old scent with it leaving the new scent on their feet when they have cleaned them. Some mock this and say it is an old wives tale but i have done it three times now with one of my moggies and she has never got lost and always found her way home from day one.

Good luck
Sarah
x

smudgley
29-06-2007, 09:18 AM
I'd get them done now.

When you move I would keep the cats in for 6 weeks at least. ;)

oh & it's butter - not margarine ;)