PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!!!!!! :(

charliebubs
27-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Well, I was meant to be at my work Summer Party now, drinking free booze and eating free food :D but.............

I have done my back in!!!! :( :cry:

I'm not really sure what I have done to it :? It was okay this morning and then at work this afternoon it just twinged and that was it - I could barely straighten up. My dad had to come and collect me, as I couldn't drive.

I've had a hot bath and am snuggled on the sofa now with the heating on.

I can only assume that I must have done something to it with all the packing boxes I have been doing for my move next week, and at work today must have been the final straw :shock: :roll:

Jac
27-06-2007, 07:22 PM
OOooohhh no I can totallt sympathise with you. Take it easy. (((((())))))) Hugs.

Mags
27-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear that Charlie..........and why do things like this always happen at the wrong time?:mad: Have you got any embrocation that you can rub in it?

I've done a similar sort of thing with my back several times......if I bend down too quick I feel a sort of 'ping' in my lower back and I'm in agonies for days!:roll:

Hope it will be better soon....try to get some heat into it;) (((hugs)))x

Moli
27-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear this Charlie, nothing worse than a sore back, take it easy, hopfully it will not take too long to get better...

charliebubs
27-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Charlie..........and why do things like this always happen at the wrong time?:mad: Have you got any embrocation that you can rub in it?

It is terrible timing!!! :(:(:(

What's "embrocation" Mags??? :oops:

Moli
27-06-2007, 07:59 PM

Something like deep heat, its an cream you rub into the sore area, and it relieves the pain...

dandysmom
27-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Awww, Charlie, what a shame...awful timing! I sympathize; I've got the family bad back...lift something the wrong way and,,,POW! Out it goes; spend a day in an armchair with a hot water bottle on my back! Embrocation is liniment. Hope it clears up soon; don't overdo! (((hugs)))

charliebubs
27-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys. My dad has brought me some Deep Heat spray - so I'm stinking of that now!! :(

Just ordered a pizza and keeping my feet up.

Jac
27-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys. My dad has brought me some Deep Heat spray - so I'm stinking of that now!! :(

Just ordered a pizza and keeping my feet up.

Charlie that probably wont work. Sorry to put a damper on things. If it's bad tomorrow ask your doc for some muscle relaxants. Stops the back from going into spasm. Good luck and I do hope a doc's visit isn't needed.
I also hope you manage your visit at the weekend. Remember photo's needed:-D . Which reminds me we haven't has any of your lot for a while!!!!

Mags
27-06-2007, 08:28 PM

Embrocation is a linament or lotion that relieves muscular aches and pains.

Radium B or Deep Heat will work just as well ;)

dandysmom
27-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Whenever I threw my back out and used that awful smelly liniment the cats wouldn't come near me! If it stunk to me imagine them with their highly developed sense of smell... :roll: :-D

Fran
27-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear this Charlie :( Take things easy as best you can. I do hope you will be feeling much better very soon x

alexgirl73
27-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Take it easy Charlie, and if not better by tomorrow get to the doctors! A bad back is nothing to laugh at and needs to be sorted asap! ((hugs))

mable1718
27-06-2007, 09:29 PM
(((((((((hugs)))))))) take it easy

Erin
27-06-2007, 09:53 PM
oh Im sorry Charlie,hope you feel alot better soon ((((hugs))))

charliebubs
28-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm pleased to say that my back is a bit better today.

It's not as stiff as it was yesterday, but still as painful. :(

I've not gone to work today and have actually not long got out of bed :shock:

It's very frustrating being at home and not able to pack anything!!! lol :roll:

Jac
28-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Glad your feeling better today. You could always take some photo's of your puddy tats!!!;)

Mags
28-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Keep using the spray Charlie, it will help to ease the discomfort.....

Erin
28-06-2007, 02:39 PM
glad your back is a little better oday Charlie :)
Keep taking it easy though,you dont want to do it again.
I think Jacs suggestion is a good one ;)

dandysmom
28-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Just chill out today, no packing! Give your back a chance to get better!