Yep we have just watched and I agree not very nice :(

Tom x

Fran
26-06-2007, 10:02 PM
I've just seen it too, it's enough to put you off eating meat for life :(

Erin
26-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I saw it :( wasnt nice at all.

I used to have a pet lamb,had to be pts during the foot and mouth crisis though :(
I could never bring up a lamb then slaughter it :(

Jac
29-06-2007, 09:28 AM
I didnt see it but although I do eat meat I dont eat lamb.

Emm
29-06-2007, 10:17 AM
I cannot watch these things - just thinking about it reduces me to tears and lack of no hope for the human race.

The only reason he does this on his show is for ratings and controversy which equal lots of money in his pocket :(

I watched the slaughter process on video when I was younger - I felt if I could watch it and be fine about it then I would carry on eating meat - I wasn't fine with it and haven't eaten meat since. Luckily I was never a big fan of meat any way. I have also heard stories from some-one who worked in a slaughter house and became a vegetarian because of it - not very nice:(

charliebubs
29-06-2007, 02:15 PM
I actually disagree that Gordon Ramsay does it for ratings. I think he does it to educate his kids as to where meat comes from, which I think is a great idea. I don't know if you remember Jamie Oliver's School Dinners show? Half the kids on there didn't know that chips came from potatoes and sausages from pigs etc ;)

However, Gordon Ramsay did have one of his sons stripping a dead raven of its feathers on another show and I think that might have been taking it a bit too far :(

Emm
30-06-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm more cynical than you then :lol:

what are kids being taught :shock: not knowing that chips come from potatoes :roll: and what do they learn in school exactly?

charliebubs
30-06-2007, 10:44 AM
what are kids being taught :shock: not knowing that chips come from potatoes :roll: and what do they learn in school exactly?

heaven knows!?!?!??! lol ;)