PDA

View Full Version : Starting low carb eating again, anybody want to join me?

Pages : [1] 2 3

EmmaG
22-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Well after my moonwalk I decided that I need to shift a few lbs, so I am back low carbing. Just wondering if anybody wants to join me.

I have lost 6lb's since Monday :)

Mags
22-06-2007, 09:47 PM
What has your diet entailed this week Emma?

EmmaG
22-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Meat and veg Mags!!!!

I have been having chicken kebabs at lunchtime and then meat and salad and veg in the evening. No snacking.

I did make a rather tasty Chicken and mushroom Korma, and instead of rice, what you can do is to fry in a bit of olive oil loads of grated raw cauliflower, onion, mushrooms and some egg, which is very similar to fried rice.

Me and the OH went out this evening for dinner to our local pub and I had prawn cocktail (minus bread) and for main course I had salmon in white wine sauce and veg (didn't eat much of the sauce only what was covering the fish)

I love low carbing !!!!

Mags
22-06-2007, 10:00 PM
We had chicken Korma for dinner today........I might try the grated cauli, onions, mushroom and egg myself, it sounds nice! :D

I'm not strict enough with myself regarding low carbing :( but I don't eat bread or potatoes. I will however nibble away on crackers if I'm hungry on an evening!:oops:

EmmaG
22-06-2007, 10:06 PM
If you like crackers Mags, the Carrs ones are the lowest carb ones I have found and the cheese ones are great :)

Mags
22-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh are they?....... thanks for the tip Emma, I'll look out for those tomorrow;)

Didn't Donna say that she was back low carbing as well?

Fran
22-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Well, I would Emma and I could well do with shifting a few pounds but I think I might be allergic to low carbing :shock: :-D

Seriously, very good luck, you have done very well this week! 6lbs is excellent!! way to go Emma :pom

Emm
23-06-2007, 12:26 AM
wow thats excellant! I desperately need to lose weight I'm going to do Weight Watchers though. Is low carbs like the Atkins Diet? Being vege I find it near impossible to do :lol: Hope I can manage to do as well in my first week!

yola
23-06-2007, 07:55 AM
I've been doing a mix of low cal and low carbing, a little like the South Beach Diet - it's been amazing!

I haven't followed it too strictly (can't leave the wine alone) but have dropped 2 dress sizes in 2 months or so!! Have the odd laspe but on the whole it's easly to maintain as your eating lots of fresh fruit/veg and chicken/fish.

I too do the cauliflower for rice substitution . . . have you ever tried roasted cauli?? It's the best :D

EmmaG
23-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Well done Yola!!!! yes roasted cauli is great isn't it, especially with some nice dips :)

Well down another lb today :)

Donna
23-06-2007, 08:44 AM
After all that walking I cant imagine that you need to lose weight Emma!!!!

But yes I am low carbing at the moment. Been doing it about a week/10 days and lost 4lbs. Difference with me is that I dont do amy exercise whereas you walk for the whole of England!!

I have been having eggs/bacon for brekkie mainly and then for lunch a salad with tuna or chicken but need to get some food in for dinners so been a bit limited at the mo to omlettes and chicken/veg meals.

Was nearly tempted yeserday to be bad and buy a cake cos I was in a foul mood, but resisted.... but you back on it will no doubt help me like last time!!

EmmaG
23-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Way to go Donna 4lbs is really good, hey anything lost is good!!

Well before the walk I hadn't been very good about my eating and had gone up to 10 stone 10 lbs!!! which is a lot compared to what I was last year - Got down to between 9 stone 3lbs and 9 stone 7lbs.

I am now at 10 stone 3lbs and I will be happy once I am down to under 10 stone with 9 stone 7lbs being my ideal weight.

Haven't been doing much exercise this week although I think the walk has had a bit of than effect this week. Hopefully I will be doing some exercise next week.

Off to lakeside later so I need to be very good, but my main motivation is that next week my brother is getting married and my dress is a tiny bit tight, if I can loose a few more lbs by next Saturday it will be perfect (it is a size 10)

I will post up food eaten today, later when I get back.

Good to see you back low carbing Donna, do you have a lot to loose?

Donna
23-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Good to see you back low carbing Donna, do you have a lot to loose?

I am ashamed to say that I put all the weight I lost back on. :oops: Did get down to 9st 7lbs and at my heaviest was 10st 10lbs.

Now 10st 6lbs. Goal weight is 9st 7lbs again.

EmmaG
23-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Well join the club Donna :-D best thing to do isn't to beat yourself up about it but just get on low carbing and loose that weight!!! ;)

A good snack I have found is Hartley's jellys, you can get them in Tescos they are in a tall tub, you can get raspberry and cranberry or Mango and pineapple (If I remember correctly) they are only 1.7 carbs a tub and taste really nice, make sure it is the one with sweeteners as they do smaller ones with sugar in them.

mable1718
23-06-2007, 09:12 AM
well done you lot

Kim
23-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Well done Emma. I have never done the low carb diet (done about every other diet though!) would be happy to join you, could you let me have some details if it's not too much bother please? I need to lose about 4 stone :(

EmmaG
23-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi Kim, I would be more than will to help you. Low carb is basically eating meat and veg, although you can eat other foods as well, i.e. some diary.

I have followed the Akins plan as a base for my low carbing.

There is a great site here www.lowcarbfriends.com (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com) it is an american site but there are loads of UK people on there.

What type of foods do you like to eat??

Low carbing cuts out the following

Rice
Bread
Pasta
most processed foods
Anything high in sugar.

When I low carb I cut out fruit to start off with and add this later when I want to slow my weight loss down.

Kazz
23-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Well done Emma. I have never done the low carb diet (done about every other diet though!) would be happy to join you, could you let me have some details if it's not too much bother please? I need to lose about 4 stone :(

Kim -do you walk the dog? just a thought, I lost not sure weigh wise but dress size went from a 14 to about a 10 -12 a couple of years ago by just walking a little faster with the dog and walking over rougher ground so you were using more energy. Did not diet or anything -:)

EmmaG
23-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Anybody who loves butter chicken I have the following tip for you.

I purchased some M&S Butter chicken, 350g, now this had about 12g carbs for the whole packet, cubed 3 chicken breasts which I fried with half an onion, once cooked added the Butter chicken and this was easily enough for 4 meals, had one portion which was just over 3 carbs with some cauliflower faux rice and some saag paneer :) yummy!!

EmmaG
23-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Food today consisted of the following:-

lunch at lakeside

We went to a restaurant called Giraffe

Starters was mushrooms with cheese and tomato
main course I had herby chicken and a salad which had a rather sweet tasting dressing on it but I tried not to have too much of it.

Drinks - loads of water
Latte with whipped cream and sugar free vanilla syrup at Starbucks.

Dinner tonight

Butter chicken with cauliflower rice and a small amount of Saag Paneer

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Up a lb today which I am not surprised about.

Off to cook some sausages for breakfast.

Butter chicken for lunch and

Steak and veg for dinner.

Kazz
24-06-2007, 10:26 AM
The butter chicken sounds lovely Emma. May try that idea myself.

yola
24-06-2007, 11:11 AM
I had bacon, mushroom and tinned tomatoes for breakfast, will have smoked mackerel and salad for lunch and for dinner it'll be roast chicken (in olive oil) with lots of veggies (roast cauliflower + sweet potatoes instead of traditional roasties for me :D ).

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Kazz, I just love butter chicken and it is a great way of making it stetch that much further, there was still load of sauce left.

Yola your meals for today sound excellent!!!

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Kim, just found this thread of a lady who lost just under 50lb since November, there are some pictures as well so you can see the difference

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=425137

There are also loads of people on the Low Carb Friends forum how have lost 100'slbs, there is one new member on there who is just under 500lbs and he said "If somebody would have done this to me, I'd've killed him with my bare hands" sort of makes you think why we let food take control of our lifes and bodies like we do.

Donna
24-06-2007, 03:10 PM
I have lost another pound so now down to 10st 5lbs. Didnt each much yesterday as was out most of day so that helped I think.

Today had scrambled egg for brekkie with grated cheddar cheese.

Not had lunch, so will just decide something for dinner later.

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Well done Donna, you are only 1lb heavier than me :) you will be overtaking me that this rate.

Drinking loads of water today, hopefully that will help.

Donna
24-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Just had dinner - salad with cod - was bit naughty as had some of the batter it came in but as I have only had eggs today I felt it would be ok as was 9g carb.

Hope Emma can confirm I am ok doing that!!!!!

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Sounds good to me Donna :)

With my steak tonight I am doing to do some cauliflower mash - boil cauliflower until soft, drain very well, add cream, butter and cheese :) season :) yummy I am also going to have some green beans

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Found a good site for sugar free syrups for coffee etc, I might order the SF Vanilla and Caramel :)

http://www.discountcoffee.co.uk/acatalog/Sugar_Free_Syrups.html

Donna
24-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I am forgetting things like sauces recipes etc!!! Must do creamy cheese cauliflower as I love that.

Can you give me a list Emma of good, medium and bad veg?

Completely forgotten except the obvious like potatos being BAD!!!!

Donna
24-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Found a good site for sugar free syrups for coffee etc, I might order the SF Vanilla and Caramel :)

http://www.discountcoffee.co.uk/acatalog/Sugar_Free_Syrups.html

Looks great - especially the chocolate one!!!

How do you make drinks with that tho???

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Good

Corgettes
Green beans
Cabbage
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Celery
Cucumber
Fennel
Kale
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Peppers
Raddishes
Rhubarb :)
Spinach

Med

Tomatoes
Carrotts
Onions
Pumpkin
Squashes
Turnips
Watercress
Bad

Potatoes
Sweet corn
Brussel Sprouds
Leek
Peas

Donna
24-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Good

Corgettes
Green beans
Cabbage
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Celery
Cucumber
Fennel
Kale
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Peppers
Raddishes
Rhubarb :)
Spinach

Med

Tomatoes
Carrotts
Onions
Pumpkin
Squashes
Turnips
Watercress
Bad

Potatoes
Sweet corn
Brussel Sprouds
Leek
Peas

Many thanks Emma!

Donna
24-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Oooh just noticed rhubarb is good???? Can I add granulated sweetener and cook and then make the special custard recipe????

Now how do you make custard again?????

Well excited!!!

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Looks great - especially the chocolate one!!!

How do you make drinks with that tho???

Donna you can just add them to your coffee, tea, hot chocolate

Or you could make a nice cup of coffee, whip some cream until very thick, top your coffee with the cream and then pour over some of the syrup :)

very similar to Starbucks Caramel Macchiato

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Oooh just noticed rhubarb is good???? Can I add granulated sweetener and cook and then make the special custard recipe????

Now how do you make custard again?????

Well excited!!!

Certainly can :)

Custard is cream (and a little bit of milk if needed), egg yolks and sweetener cooked over a gentle heat until thickened

Donna
24-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Certainly can :)

Custard is cream (and a little bit of milk if needed), egg yolks and sweetener cooked over a gentle heat until thickened

Oh yes, thats it :)

Must search out some rhubarb now - will take me back to when I was a child as my mum had rhubarb growing in her garden and often made a crumble :)

Kim
24-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks so much for info Emma. Have added that site to my favourites. I eat quite a lot of chicken, I love fajitas, stir fries, curries, I also love bread & potatoes :(

I feel so uncomfortable, nothing fits and I really hate my size. I loathe having my picture taken and avoid even looking in the mirror. :roll:

Kazz, I do a fair bit of walking with the dogs, about an hour most evenings, usually more at the week-ends. Perhaps I need to get myself an exercise bike!

Sweet
24-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Well Done x

I wish I felt up to trying something like this......I have I think its 17 or maybe 18 weeks to our Wedding and I need to try and maybe lose a little, but just not feeling very motovated in any way at all at the mo.

Instead of a hug I need a good kick up the Ar** lol x

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks so much for info Emma. Have added that site to my favourites. I eat quite a lot of chicken, I love fajitas, stir fries, curries, I also love bread & potatoes :(

I feel so uncomfortable, nothing fits and I really hate my size. I loathe having my picture taken and avoid even looking in the mirror. :roll:

Kazz, I do a fair bit of walking with the dogs, about an hour most evenings, usually more at the week-ends. Perhaps I need to get myself an exercise bike!

Kim I think if you can cut out the bread and potatoes you would do very well lowcarbing. When I decided I wanted to lose some weight I rearched about low carbing for about a week and decided it was for me. The first time I low carbed I lost just over 3 stone and felt fantastic.

If you have got any questions don't hesitate to ask.

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Well Done x

I wish I felt up to trying something like this......I have I think its 17 or maybe 18 weeks to our Wedding and I need to try and maybe lose a little, but just not feeling very motovated in any way at all at the mo.

Instead of a hug I need a good kick up the Ar** lol x

lol Well I would recommend low carbing, but it isn't for everybody. Have a read on the Lowcarbfriends site and see if it is for you.

Well with my cauliflower mash I added some Boursin cream cheese,.....yum that was good :)

Kim
24-06-2007, 09:20 PM
If you have got any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks so much.

You did really well to lose 3 stone - I would feel fantastic if I lost that much!

Kazz
24-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Kim try cutting out the bread and the potatoes, but try something a bit differet like swimming once a week or the auquarobics classes at the local swimming baths or the ladies only sessions.

Kazz
24-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Can you eat rice on this low carb diet?

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi Kazz, american long grain rice is very high in carbs (so are a lot of other types of rice) to start off it isn't recommended but after I lost a lot of my weight I switched to Basmati rice which has a lower Gi value. So rice is fine it you want to maintain your weight on a low carb way of eating but it will dramatically slow down the weight loss.

I substitute fried Cauliflower instead of rice and it works very well, and I am sure it must be better for you.

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Kim, another thing that helped me realise how many carbs I was eating was to make a note of what you are eating for a couple of days.

On average I was eating 300 carbs a day, no wonder I was putting on weight.

Don't forget low carbing is exactly that, LOW not NO, you get your carbs from Veg and not processed foods.

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 10:08 PM
If anybody is interesting in doing Atkins low carb this is a list of acceptable foods for the first two weeks.

http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkins-phases/phase-one/acceptable-foods

Although I no longer follow Atkins it does give you a good idea of what foods are lower carb

Mags
24-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Why can't you buy Atkins products in the shops now Emma? Have they stopped doing them?

EmmaG
24-06-2007, 10:17 PM
I think Atkins had quite a few financial problems a couple of years back and stopped producing their products in the UK. I believe you can still buy them in the USA.

I would recommend this site if anybody wants speciality low carb foods, i.e. jams, sauces, pasta etc.

I can recommend the dreamfields pasta, my OH cannot tell the difference between this and normal pasta. It is pricey but last a long time if you can limit yourself to one portion a week.

www.lowcarbmegastore.com (http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com)

They also stock Atkins products

EmmaG
25-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Down to 10 stone 2lb this morning....whooo hoooo !!!

Today I have eaten

three chipolata sausages (tescos)
about 7 chinese chicken kebabs

Hartleys jelly

dinner tonight is rest of butter chicken and saag paneer with cauli rice

I managed to avoid chocolate muffins today at work so I am really pleased with myself

Also I managed to get into a size 8 trousers today which are normally too tight for me to wear.

Donna - how are you doing today?

Donna
25-06-2007, 06:55 PM
All I have eaten today was a salad with corned beef (think I am the only one on the planet that loves this stuff!).

Not hungry at all and still on 10st 5lbs this morning. Think dinner wll be bacon and eggs I think.

Donna
25-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Down to 10 stone 2lb this morning....whooo hoooo !!!

Well done!!!! :D

EmmaG
25-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Doing well Donna :) we will have a few days when we don't appear to lose any weight.

Made a great dessert tonight

1 teaspoon of clotted cream in the base of a ramkin dish
dot on 1 teaspoon of sugar free jam
top with custard

I used sugar free apricot jam :)

1 egg yolk custard topped four of these, they will make a good breakfast.

Donna
25-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Nice pudding!!!

I just had my eggs and bacon and did a grilled tomato too. Forgot I also had a packet of salted peanuts at work today but even so a good days eating....

Not too worried about still being 10st 5lbs as only just crept into it the other day. And I also know how it goes in fits and starts!!!

I am looking at two more pounds and it will be half a stone lost. Taking small steps at a time.

Also had lots of hair chopped off so that will help with the weight loss too as I was rather overgrown and there was tons taken off!!!

EmmaG
25-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Also had lots of hair chopped off so that will help with the weight loss too as I was rather overgrown and there was tons taken off!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Pudding is totally delish!!!! very small but very filling.

Another tip for the cauliflower rice is to put a spoonful of soy sauce in it

I think you are doing great Donna, I just want to lose as much as I can before Saturday as I have a dress I need to get into comfortably, after that I will try and slow my weight loss down a bit. I will just be happy to be under 10 stone.

What have you got planned for your meals tomorrow?? I find I tend to do very well if I plan a couple of days in advance.

Donna
26-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Thats my problem - no plans at all!!

Today so far have had corned beef salad and some chicken tikka bites.

Have absolutely no idea what to have for dinner. I am struggling with dinners at the mo TBH.

EmmaG
26-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Donna, get that thinking cap on, there are loads of things you can have for dinner.

I am up to 10 stone 4lbs today :-D :roll: I blame it on the scales !!!! lol felt a bit bloated yesterday evening though so I am not surprised.

Sausages and chicken for lunch, dinner will be chicken and bacon with cauli mash and green beans.

Donna
26-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Dinner was chicken fajitas for the kids so I just had the good bits I could eat which was:

chicken with green/red/yellow pepper and onion with some fajita spice added. Was nice!!!

I just cant think what I can have - cant remember any of the stuff I used to eat!!!

EmmaG
26-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Donna had a bit of a search through the old low carbing thread and this is what I found that you liked then

Had fried bacon and tomato with egg/cream/cheese tipped over and heated to make a very nice omlette for dinner. Very filling.

Had a good day again. Just had cod and veg/cheese sauce for dinner. Feel very full now and not eaten too much!!

Had quarter pounder and cheese tonight - DONT WORRY GIRLS - without the burger buns!! Got some "real" minced meat burgers freshly made from the butchers (saw the lady make them)!! and had a slice of cheese on top and then topped it with pan fried onions. Delicious!!! And didnt miss the bun:smt003
salmon steaks and cod fillets from the "fresh" section!!!! Never in my life had I looked in those cabinets, and today I did.
chicken breast fillet, bacon, onion and grated cheese on top - nicked your idea from yesterday Emma!! :razz:
Well today I didnt get time to eat breakfast so had chicken and salad and mayo for lunch and just had a cooked brekkie for dinner!!!!
rest of thread is at

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=12590&page=15&highlight=low+carb

it was 91 pages long!!!! lol

EmmaG
26-06-2007, 08:10 PM
another.....

Just cooked the cod fillet - didnt know how to cook it, but stuck it in saucepan with some cream/butter/splash milk/pepper and cooked for about 20 mins - had it with creamy cheese veggies - was very nice:smt003

Donna
26-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Hmm you have been busy Emma. Cant remember saying all of that!!!

Seems to me I liked cheese sauce with my veg a lot cos seemed to eat it a lot! How do I do that again?

Cream with cheese perhaps melted into it?

EmmaG
26-06-2007, 09:03 PM
cheese sauce is very simple :)

Cream, butter, grated cheese and if you want to make it extra nice you can add some cream cheese to it. melt together in a pan

EmmaG
26-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Meant to say...i have got a little kellogs fat monitor, the couple of days before low carbing the reading was 29.7% the last couple of days it is now reading 27.7%, so I have lost 2% body fat :)

Donna
26-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Thats good. I am looking at my BMI as well so that I can get into a healthy range rather than a bit "over" (oops)!!

Donna
27-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I have had chicken fajita mix for lunch and then a snack of ham and cheese.

Dinner is steak and salad I think and am at 10st 5lbs still today but happy with that as weighing everyday does not alter things a great deal.

Hows you doing Emma?

EmmaG
27-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Still on 10 stone 4lb lol but had a few too many sugar free sweets today :oops: feel ok now though :-D

I have eaten today, some olives, chicken kebabs, sausages, coleslaw,SF sweets.

My syrup for my coffee came today :-D just had a really nice cappuccino with caramel syrup on top, yummy!!!! no more starbucks for me :-D

Dinner tonight is the remaining butter chicken (was frozen) and cauliflower rice.

EmmaG
28-06-2007, 07:03 AM
10 stone 3lbs today :) slowly getting to 10 stone!!! :)

Erin
28-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Well done Emma thats great :)

Donna
28-06-2007, 09:50 AM
I am 10st 4lbs today!!!! Keep looking over your shoulder Emma as I am right behind you!!!!

I am not bothering with breakfast really cos not hungry, but have a large cheese salad for lunch which I nibble on from around 11am!!!

Not sure what dinner will be as usual!

Mags
28-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Well done Emma and Donna..............keep it up girls!! :lol:

EmmaG
28-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Wooohoooo well done Donna!!!!

Today I have had, olives, sausages, chicken kebabs, coleslaw. (a bit predictable)

No SF sweets :)

I am going to have chicken with reggae reggae sauce and, mushroom and onion fried cauliflower

Donna
28-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I had quarter pounder with onions and melted cheese on top with some bacon.

EmmaG
28-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Well my dinner was quite good....until I picked some fresh peas from the garden and ate quite a few of them!!! arrgghhh but at least they are good carbs (not processed rubbish)

EmmaG
28-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I had quarter pounder with onions and melted cheese on top with some bacon.

mmmm sounds good Donna, I think you are eating far better than I am at the moment :roll:

EmmaG
29-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Well still 10 stone 3lbs for me today, and I am going to be very good today!!! lol

Donna
29-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Didnt weigh today.

Had egg/bacon/tomato for breakfast.

EmmaG
29-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Well very good today, still haven't had dinner and I am still not hungry

Lunch was sausages, chicken kebabs, and a bag of peanuts

Dinner is chicken and bacon with some veg :)

Donna
30-06-2007, 08:44 AM
My dinner last night was chicken with creamy cheesey veg.

No weigh in today and not sure what food I will be eating today either!!

EmmaG
30-06-2007, 09:36 AM
10 Stone 2lbs today :)

It is my brothers wedding today so not entirely sure I will be very good today :)

Donna
30-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Well done Emma. Hope you have a lovely time at the wedding - give up being good on the diet for one day!!

I am 10st 3lbs today so have lost HALF A STONE which I am really happy about.

Had scrambled eggs with cheese this morning and for dinner I am going to had some cod fillets with cheesy veg I think.

EmmaG
30-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Well done Donna :) you are doing really well.

Wedding was great, food was fairly low carb, melon for starter, turkey and veg (and I had half of a potato :) ) for main, and strawberry cheesecake for dessert. I did also had a cheese board later with some biscuits, three glasses of red one, one of champagne, and a couple of Bacardi and diet cokes, so all in all not too bad.

Donna
01-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Glad you had a good time :-)

No weigh in today as already up and dressed. Egg and bacon for breakfast I think. Dinner will be chicken or fish with veg no doubt.

EmmaG
01-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Snap Donna I think I will have eggs and bacon as well this morning.

10 Stone 3lbs today :) very pleased with that. Mum and Dad are taking us out to dinner later and I am going to try and eat well again. Then it is fully low carb for the next couple of weeks :)

EmmaG
02-07-2007, 06:24 AM
oppppsss!!!! 10 stone 5lbs today

smudgley
02-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Can I join you pair please?

Donna
02-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Can I join you pair please?

The more the merrier Smudgley!!!! :)

Donna
02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
oppppsss!!!! 10 stone 5lbs today

10 stone 2lbs today :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

smudgley
02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Without having to trawl back through all this thread, can you tell me what I do? What can / can't I eat? :oops:

Donna
02-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Cant eat bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, cakes/pastries, fruit.
Can eat all meat, all dairy, salads and vegs.

Need to stick to around 20carbs a day. Drink lots of water (I dont really do this), cream instead of milk in coffee.

Basic advice, but there is more I am sure on this link:

http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkins-phases/phase-one/acceptable-foods

EmmaG
02-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Welcome Smudgley, it is very easy once you know what to avoid.

Well done Donna!!!!! I just need to catch up with you now!!! lol

Popped to M&S to check out their food, got some nice low carb bits in there, prepared fresh burgers, lamb kebabs which were very good. I also got a dressed crab pot which is lovely (if you like crab) - crab meat with mayo, then chopped egg and then white crab meat on top!!! yummy!! fairly low carb as well.

Going to have liver and bacon tonight with Cauliflower mash and green beans :)

What are you going to have Smudgley? and Donna ?

Donna
02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
I am not that hungry so just had some cheese and coleslaw for dinner.

Had egg/bacon breakfast and some Materson chicken bites for lunch - dunno if anyone has seen these or know what I am talking about but little handy snack bags of chicken pieces.

EmmaG
02-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes I have seen those Donna, excellent snack!!

Chicken kebabs for me lunchtime (ran out of sausages) and a 50g bag of salted peanuts :)

I haven't been hungry all day today, makes a change from when I am not low carbing when all I can think of is food.

Donna
02-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes I really notice the difference. Before I had food on the brain 24 hours a day whereas now..... dont think at all about food!!

EmmaG
02-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Good isn't it :) only eating when you are hungry

At our other office I have notice EVERY day they have been having cakes, last week it was cream cakes, cookies, muffins etc, today it was donuts but I didn't have any.

Donna
02-07-2007, 06:39 PM
I am not even tempted. This time round I am doing so much better as well. Not yo-yo ing up and down. Just slowly going down. Think my meal planning is better second time round as I am a little bit more aware of how the diet works.

EmmaG
02-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I think you are right Donna, I have found it far easier this time, especially when I know the key is to plan and make sure I have enough food I can eat in the fridge.

I would prefer it to do down steady and for at least the next two weeks I have got nothing that can get in the way.

EmmaG
02-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Liver, thick cut bacon, cauflower mash and green beans :)

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/25332DSCN0617.JPG

Donna
02-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Can do it all but liver..... it scares me!!!!

smudgley
02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
:shock: I can't have potatoes & bread :shock:

I better start tomorrow, I was really late home from work :evil: & hubby had done me a very big Jacket potatoe. :oops:

Oh, but then I'm out for lunch tomorrow, can I start officially on Wed please?

Right now, if I can have dairy stuff, why can't I have milk in my coffee? My job involves visiting people & every house I go in, I have a coffee :roll:

What do you girls eat for tea? Give me a few ideas? I'm willing to give it a go, I'm desperate to loose a few lbs. :oops: More than a few really....:(