PDA

View Full Version : What does your cat bring in.

kado
21-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I was wondering what kind of things your cats brings in. Kay her first bird today and Kado about 6wks ago with a bigger bird and last thing what age did they start giving you presents.

jane

dandysmom
21-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Mine are/were indoor cats, so with the exception of the odd mouse that got in the house, can't really answer. But if I can count my childhood ginger boy...mice!! Many, many mice! Sometimes there would be as many as four lined up on the porch steps in the morning...he was a marvellous hunter, but never brought home a bird.

Mags
21-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Cassie's favourite thing to bring into the house is a goldfish from my neighbour's pond :oops: She has brought 3 in so far this year.......she doesn't eat them she just plays with them as long as they move. You wouldn't believe the amount of fish scales I have to clear up off the carpet after!:roll:

She has ocassionally brought the odd field mouse in....but never a bird..

yola
21-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Balie one caught a bird mid-flight in the garden but nothing for about 9 years now. They're mainly indoor cats so the worst I get is spiders!!!

Being terrified of birds I don't think I could deal with a flapping demon in the house :shock:

charliebubs
21-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Kuta got a HUGE moth last night!!!!! :)

Mine are indoors too, so not much else apart from that.

Moli
21-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Chancer is the only one who brings me presents, usually 4 or 5 mice lined up on the door step....
Oliver used to pinch soft toys from next door before we moved....

dinahsmum
22-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Funny you should ask
Following the heavy rain, the sun is now shining and Chester has been out and collected a big worm and brought it in on the living room floor :shock: Trouble is he's such a flippin' wuss he's decided it now looks a bit fierce and wriggly, so I've had to repatriate it to the garden! :roll: Cats!! Who'd have 'em? :)

MrsH
22-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Last year it was frogs, this year mainly mice and just for variety, a very indignant starling (survived!) and a very ugly, bald, tiny baby pigeon(did not survive!!)

sammy
23-06-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm afraid my naughty Des had a wood pigeon yesterday, didn't bring it in the house, just left a big pile of feathers on the lawn :? Usually it's mice and shrews.

The very worst thing he brought home was a neighbours pet rabbit :shock:

dinahsmum
23-06-2007, 12:08 PM
The very worst thing he brought home was a neighbours pet rabbit :shock:
Eek! :shock: Deaded? :oops:

sammy
23-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Eek! :shock: Deaded? :oops:

Sadly yes DM, only just :(

I didn't know where it had come from, but 2 days later posters went up around the estate about a missing rabbit :oops:

Had to go and tell her - I know what it's like not knowing if your beloved pet is dead or alive.....:oops:

dinahsmum
23-06-2007, 12:16 PM
How awful.
But you're right. You had to be brave and tell her.

Socks
23-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Garfeild brought home anything possible around Tennessee.

He brought home a 2 baby rabbits the past week (Sad, cause I'm a rodent lover) I don't know how many birds, a lizard (which is now our pet ^^;;). The cutest thing ever was on Mother's day, he found a baby duck and brought it to our house. No teeth-marks or ANYTHING, just a cute little brown duck that we named Fredrick ^^ He lives at my Grandma's cause she raises Ducks ^^

We try to congratulate him for bringing in stuff, since it is his hobby and stuff, but he hasn't done it lately so I guess he's getting to old for it lol

mable1718
23-06-2007, 09:35 PM
my cats bring in birds frogs

we do try to safe the birds and frogs

CathyW
23-06-2007, 10:27 PM
well having named our 2 after the kray twins, they are living up to their names, we have had baby rabbit/birds/mice (alive) voles.they leave 1/2 chewed mice on the lawn for OH when he mows the lawn.
a pair of thugs my 2. and yep they love their mum.;)