PDA

View Full Version : We have a newish cat

Samz5
21-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Ok some of you may remember our neighbours poor cat Domino
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=20027&highlight=dominoe

We haven't really seen him since we took him to the vet to sort out his abcess and get him tested for nasty diseases, but in he strolled this week with another abcess and looking skinny.... enough is enough, this poor cat needs someone to stick up for him!
So me and my B/f went to his owners house to confront him about it.
The owner wasn't really that bothered, he said he hadn't seen Domino in 2 weeks and before that he hasn't seen him since Christmas, if you have read my previous posts you will see the reason he saw him at Christmas was because I had to shut him out to save my house from a spraying war. The owner said Domino has always been a wonderer (of course he has he isn't neutered!). Anyway the guy just doesn't really have an interest in cats, his ex left Domino with him and he feeds him if he turns up, So I don't think hes really being cruel to Domino he just couldn't care less if he doesn't see him for months.
So I asked if he actually wants him and he said no, so we agreed to take him on as our cat.

At the moment we don't know if he can live here, there are still problems between him and our own cats, these may be solved when he gets neutered, if not we will find him a new home with someone who will actually care.

kado
21-06-2007, 12:02 PM
I think you have done a realy nice thing by taking in Domino when you can see he needs help. Like you said even if it doesnt work out you will find him a forever home which is a very caring atitude. I wish there where more people you you.

jane

alexgirl73
21-06-2007, 12:23 PM
well done you for caring about this poor wee soul! I hope things work out with you or if not that you manage to find him a wonderful new home!

Mags
21-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Well done for caring what happens to poor Domino and offering to take him away from an unloving owner.

I hope things will eventually work out between him and your own cats .......if not, I am sure you will find a nice loving home for him where he will get the love and attention that he has missed out on...

Rosie
21-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Good luck to Domina and well done to you both.

tilly
21-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Glad that you have taken domino on and that he will now be cared for.

Sally

dandysmom
21-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh, well done! Poor Domino, I hope you can integrate him into the family; if not find him a loving home. It was his lucky day when he met you, and shame on that neglectful so-called owner! :evil:

Jac
21-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Awww I really hope things turn out well for Dominoe in your house. What a nice person you are.