PDA

View Full Version : Max At Vets - Inflamed Trachea

Amber
20-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Took Max to the vets today for a full check up. He has been acting a bit strange lately - been snappy with other dogs which is really unlike him, seems to get puffed out quite quickly and has been coughing after exercise.

Examined him today and he's generally a very healthy boy with everything as it should be. The only problem we found was that his Trachea feels quite inflamed and he is making a strange noise when pressure is applied. His membranes looked slightly pale so we took some blood. All results came back as normal so no signs of anaemia or anything.

He has a 5 day course of antibiotics to see if this helps him. We are going on holiday on Monday for 2 weeks and Max is coming with us. If he is still not right after the holiday then I will have to take him back in and we may have to carry out some further investigation. Fingers crossed that the ABs work!

Mags
20-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Poor Max........fingers crossed that the AB's will do the trick and he will be fine for your holiday!:D

Fran
20-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Fingers crossed for Max, has he lost his voice?

alexgirl73
20-06-2007, 08:07 PM
aww, poor Max. Hope he feels better soon x

Elaine
20-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Poor Max, fingers crossed the antibiotics will do the trick xxx

Jac
20-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Fingers crossed that the AB's work and you all have a great holiday.

mable1718
20-06-2007, 09:10 PM
fingers and paws crossed for max

Amber
20-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Fingers crossed for Max, has he lost his voice?

no such luck :lol: :-D

Thanks for the healing thoughts guys :D he's a bit down in the dumps tonight but I think that's because mummy took him to work and stuck him in a kennel - only to get him out to be prodded and poked and needles stuck in him :roll:

Tanya
20-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Poor Max! I hope the AB's take effect soon and that he gets back to his usual self again.

Amber
21-06-2007, 11:02 PM
The little man seems to be in brighter spirits today. I think he was just miffed yesterday when I got him out of his kennel, gave him an AB jab and put him back again and for letting the nasty vet make a bald patch on his leg :-D nasty mummy!

Keeping his walks shorter at the moment as I don't want him to overdo it while he is recovering - he's a bit miffed about that aswell :lol: he looked at me as if to say "Was that it?!" He was coughing for about 10 minutes after we got back but his throat seems to have settled down now. He's a little lethargic this evening but I think his walk just knocked it out of him! Plus the ABs might be making him tired.

Here's hoping they kick in soon!:)

dinahsmum
22-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Hope the improvement continues