PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Eye!

Amber
20-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Had a really sore eye yesterday - had a look and couldn't see anything in there and it wasn't red or anything so I just washed it out with some Optrex and went to bed hoping it would be better today .... no such luck :roll: Woke up this morning and I couldn't open my eye properly. When I looked in the mirror my eye was swollen to about twice its size :shock: I look ridiculous :lol:

Hoping it goes down before the holiday! If not I'll try to get myself into the doctors on Saturday - all happens when I'm about to go on holiday!

Mags
20-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh dear, poor you Amber..:( Do you think it could be a stye?

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/styes.htm

Amber
20-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks Mags it's possible that it could be - have had a couple before and the feeling is similar.

Taken some Ibuprofen to bring the swelling down and it's not as painful or swollen now, also taken some piriton incase it's an allergy to something and just see how it goes.

Mags
20-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Try bathing it in warm water a few times, that may ease the discomfort ............ I hope it clears up soon...;)

Amber
20-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Try bathing it in warm water a few times, that may ease the discomfort ............ I hope it clears up soon...;)

Just sitting with a hot flannel pressed on my eye as we speak :lol: I do feel like an idiot!

Mags
20-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Just sitting with a hot flannel pressed on my eye as we speak :lol: I do feel like an idiot!
Pics please!:-D No, sorry I'm joking.....I do sympathise with you ;)

Amber
20-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Pics please!:-D No, sorry I'm joking.....I do sympathise with you ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: sure you do ;)

Amber
20-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Just been to the pharmacy. The guy had a little look and said it looked like a stye to him so I've been given some antibiotic eye ointment to try. Just said to keep applying the hot compresses and if it hasn't improved by Friday to go to the docs :)

alexgirl73
20-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Poor you Amber!! Heres hoping the ointment works quickly!

mable1718
20-06-2007, 09:22 PM
poor u amber i hope it gets better before your hoilday

Mags
20-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I hope the ointment will do the trick Amber.....;)

Amber
20-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks everyone :D still very painful tonight but hoping it will be a bit easier by morning. Will do another hot compress before I go to bed and put some oitment in - yuck I'm really funny about eyes!

dinahsmum
21-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Hope it's better today - or your holiday is nice and sunny and you can wear dark specs all the time!

Amber
21-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Dark glasses it is! :-D actually it's looking a little better today. It's still very sore to the touch and when I close my eye but the swelling has gone down a lot.

It is coming to a head now :smt078 so hopefully it should go soon! Just going to keep up the compresses and oitment and hope I look somewhat normal by Monday :lol: