PDA

View Full Version : Amber update

ambermoonbeam
19-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I took Amber to the vet's this evening. It was the vet who was really helpful when Sammy was very ill earlier this year, so I feel in goodhands. She listened to her heart and it was beating too fast for her to count!! (even for a trip to the vet it was too fast) and she detected a murmur. Anyway she has taken a blood sample and they are sending away for testing. It's going to check her thyroid levels and liver and kidney functions. She just gave us some anti-nausea syrup and we should get the results tomorrow if not then wednesday. She has perked up a bit today :) and is eating posh chicken cat food. Her back legs are still red raw the vet says to wait until the test results get back....

Becky

Kazz
19-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a very good vet its always nice when you have faith in your vet. So glad you feel more settled in yourself, and I hope Amber is soon out and about enjoying the Summer rays (when we get them)

Karen

Mags
19-06-2007, 09:21 PM
I hope the tests will show up something that she can be treated for Becky....
((((hugs)))) to Amber and you....

dandysmom
19-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm glad that she's perked up and eating some. Do let us know the results from the lab work; hope everything is going to be OK!

ambermoonbeam
19-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for you best wishes, she's currently snoozing behind me on the sofa. She's feeling a little sorry for her self because the vet took the blood from her neck and it looks sore :( I'll keep you inform.

Fran
19-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Fingers crossed that the results will give you and idea what is wrong and that it will be easily treated x

dinahsmum
20-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Best wishes for her speedy recovery

Elaine
20-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Poor Amber. Hoping the blood tests dont show anything too serious will have my fingers crossed for her xxx