PDA

View Full Version : Amber... problems again

ambermoonbeam
18-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi, I spoke to my vet and said that giving glucosamine/chrondroitin was an option for her arthritus but recomended we still use the steriods because it's so severe. So I got them about 2 weeks ago. I can't believe the improvement in the past 10 days. She was jumping on the bed in the morning, washing my face and "grooming" my hair to wake me up! :) sooo sweet!
The vet also said we will have to get her blood tested to check her thyroid levels because her appetite has gone in to over-drive. The problem is today she has been off her food - very unusual for her! vomiting yellow froth and looking very down, she keeping sitting tucked up in a corner. I must admit I'm very concerned. :( She's going to the vet tomorrow night. The fur on the back of her legs has worn away and looks really sore :(

Amber
18-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Oh hun so sorry to hear that Amber is poorly!

Give her a nice gentle cuddle from me and all the best at the vets tomorrow. Will be thinking of you xxx

Mags
18-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Poor Amber, I hope you get on alright at the vets tomorrow :(.......please keep us posted....

Kazz
18-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Whatever happens I wish you the best, maybe all the food she's eating she can't "move" it through her system quickly enough hence the bile. Is she using her litter tray okay?

Will be thinking of you tomorrow this is a little close to home for me. But I wish you the best and know you will make the right descision for a wonderful cat.

alexgirl73
18-06-2007, 10:26 PM
will be thinking of you tomorrow at the vets, hope all goes well ((hugs))

tilly
18-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Hope it goes well tomorrow at the vets

Sally

Moli
18-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Fingers crossed all goes well at the vets tomorrow....

Fran
19-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Thinking of you and Amber today, let us know how you get on at the vets x

mable1718
19-06-2007, 08:03 AM
thinking of you and amber today hope she gets better soon

John
25-06-2007, 04:56 PM
My Millie has thyroid problems and on 5 mg tables < the red ones > she was also sick bringing up yellow froth and off her food..the vet has reduced the dose to 2.5 mg < pink ones> and at the moment she dosnt seem to bad..she has to have a blood test next month..I hope she will be alright...
john >^..^

Mags
25-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I hope all will be well with Millie's blood test next month, John.....