PDA

View Full Version : My garden today - excuse the rain

Kazz
18-06-2007, 03:57 PM
On the right hand side from the back door looking out http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Rightside.jpg

The left from the back door (this is where I laid the 3x2 slabs earlier in the year, considering painting the fence panels green but waiting for the honeysuckle and jasmine to grow.:roll: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/lefthand.jpg

The garden looking straight from the back door.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Gardenintherain.jpg

I am uploading the birds eye view one now.:-D

Sweet
18-06-2007, 03:58 PM
I am so jealous, its gorgeous, I wish I had an eye for my own - gorgeous pics x

Jac
18-06-2007, 03:59 PM
It looks lovely Kazz. Looks like a lot of thought and hard work has gone into it. Pat on the back from me:lol:

dinahsmum
18-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I think it's on wet days that the 'structured' gardens come into their own. Not soggy under foot and still look very attractive. And great if you have kids or dogs who need some outdoor activity!

dandysmom
18-06-2007, 04:16 PM
What a lovely garden, Karen! I wish I had your eye for design!

Kazz
18-06-2007, 04:26 PM
The birds eye view, while I was hanging out the toilet window :roll: my neighbours all shouted up "Hello/afternoon" as if it was normal - maybe I'm madder than I thought.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Birdseyeview.jpg

Yes DM the idea is not to get soggy feet, and lack of grass means extra time for messing about with plants.
Its pretty much right for me, but I will be changing some of it;)
The dogs, do not get soggy feet nor did the nieces and nephews :) the size and slabbed areas are big enough to put the ping pong table up where the car is, or move the table down to where the car is and put the ping pong table up there, you have space for a BQ :) and the gravel in the centre on the left is perfect for sitting/chillin.

And still have space to sit under the pergoda type thing, while activities go on around you be it BQ's table tennis, basket ball, games of cards (especialy cribbage) chess/dominoes, with the little ones chalking to their hearts content or "travel throught the jungle" and find the hidden treasure (normaly provided/and hidden by an over indulgent Aunt) Alos with the paving being level its great for little ones bike/tractor riding round. Plus the sand pit comes out hey presto a children's playground.

MrsH
18-06-2007, 04:49 PM
What a well-planned garden Kazz. I actually think rain enhances hard-paved areas, makes them lighter and more reflective. Come and do mine please! OH is never going to get round to it!

Mags
18-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Everything looks perfectly positioned Kazz, you obviously have a great eye for detail...:D

Kazz
18-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Think thats the point none of it has ever been planned. It has simply evolved

Erin
18-06-2007, 06:05 PM
What a lovely garden Kazz,and its dog safe!!!!!
I need a dog safe garden,ed didnt want to get rid og the grass in our garden,he said it would look to cold,i dont no what he means by cold,anyway hes just seen this pic and was impressed so I may get my paved over garden!!!!!!1

Kazz
18-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Yes it is dog safe - the wall goes down the left right from back to front but with fencing with trellis in between as you can see the top of the garden by the gates is fencing to the ground. And down the right side.

Erin this is what itlooked like when Sal was about 2 about 3 years ago

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Salchillin.jpg

The grass was slowly going even then but when Tess arrived - two bitches wetting and messing on the grass not good. Hence the fence went up. I am replacing the gravel with block paving too - better for sitting on, may do that in the shape of circle.

Erin
18-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Its gorgeous Kazz,it looked good it that last pic too,did sal and tess not dig? Our lawn is just 1 massive pot hole,I was hanging the washing out last week sometime and nearly broke my neck,I stepped back into one of thier hole :roll:
We do re fill them but they just follow behind us digging.
Im seriously going to talk with Ed about having paved,maybe now he will believe that 2 terriers are not going to grow out of digging!!
Your garden is lovely.
I bet having ours paved over will make it look bigger too,and soooo much cleaner,it turns into one big mud pit when it rains!

Fran
18-06-2007, 06:26 PM
It's lovely Kazz, really lovely! So clean, tidy and organised :cool:

alexgirl73
18-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh I am soooo jealous Karen lol! Your garden is simply stunning. I would love to get rid of my grass but cost prohibits!!

Kazz
18-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Its gorgeous Kazz,it looked good it that last pic too,did sal and tess not dig? Our lawn is just 1 massive pot hole,I was hanging the washing out last week sometime and nearly broke my neck,I stepped back into one of thier hole :roll:
We do re fill them but they just follow behind us digging.
Im seriously going to talk with Ed about having paved,maybe now he will believe that 2 terriers are not going to grow out of digging!!
Your garden is lovely.
I bet having ours paved over will make it look bigger too,and soooo much cleaner,it turns into one big mud pit when it rains!

Sal never dug - she was an angel then the devil came for dinner - Tess! and led her astray or maybe Sal was just waiting for someone else to throw the blame onto the start her digging career not sure. But Tess and garden do not go together she digs I fill, she digs and I fill. Worst Sal did alone was bring back the bizzy lizzies I planted one by one:roll: But Tess was a digger born and bred. Plus two bitches not good for grass.:roll: The slabbing makes it so much easier winter summer regardless rain/snow/sun no difference.I reccomend it with the dogs. Makes a mud bath into an enjoyable space like DM has done. I did consider decking but Tess (she is my deil in disguise)has a habit of chewing wood.:roll: God she is good that pup of mine but at 3 she is finaly settling down - somewhat.

EmmaG
18-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Gorgeous Karen, your garden always looks so neat and tidy!!

Kazz
18-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh I am soooo jealous Karen lol! Your garden is simply stunning. I would love to get rid of my grass but cost prohibits!!

I did it bit by bit Alex got the first 50p slabs which are the path from the arch/gate to the main gate, making a great path so solid they are about 4" thick those slabs.:shock: Then put the slabs down for the car - reusing the orginal path slabs then started to block pave if you look you can see two different block pavers:-D brought them as I could afford them. Surprised how quickly you can build up quanaties:-D leveling off slowly and surely. But yours loooks lovely as it is but with your levels decking may well be better - easier to work with. ;)

Kim
18-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Your garden looks fabulous Kazz!

Moli
18-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Your garden is beautiful Kazz, so neat and tidy....

mable1718
19-06-2007, 08:04 AM
that is 1 lovely garden wish mine was like that

dinahsmum
19-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Alex - keep up the Freecycle quests. There are all sorts of things you can use for hard surfacing in the garden and it doesn't take a design genius to make a great 'patchwork' effect. I saw one of the gardening TV progs, years ago, where they did that. You'd be amazed. Bricks, cobbles, even bottle bottoms - and not a bit of crazy paving in sight. Do it bit by bit and only spend on sand and cement to bed it in. Maybe start by quartering or 'sixthing' or 'eighthing', or maybe conside a circular design, divide it up and off you go.