PDA

View Full Version : Pedigree papers.

Lampman
16-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Having bought a Siberian kitten 3 weeks ago, we have yet to receive any registration papers from the breeder.
We are delighted with our new'lodger',but I can't help wondering is he the real Mccoy?
Is this delay acceptable from a recognised breeder?

Fran
16-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi and warm welcome to Catsey!!

The GCCF who register the kittens can be quite slow in processing litter registrations. I brought 2 of my pedigree cats home without the 'pink slips' as the paperwork hadn't come back from the GCCF. It didn't take long before I got the paperwork through, so I wouldn't worry too much. Why don't you give the breeder a ring to find out what is happening??

Were you given a copy of the kitten's pedigree??

mable1718
16-06-2007, 11:33 AM
hi and welcome to catsey i dont acctually no but i hope frans advice was good

Mags
16-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi Lampman :smt039..a warm welcome to our friendly forum!

I hope Fran's 'expert' advice above has eased your concern and hope you receive the necessary paperwork soon.

We would all love to see a pic of your little Siberian kitten if you have one.......if you need help posting pics, link will help.........

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=8195

Lampman
16-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the replies!
No we didnt get any papers other than the innoculation booklet.
I shall have to be patient,I will post a photo just as soon as i can fathom out how to do it.:lol:

Fran
16-06-2007, 03:00 PM
No we didnt get any papers other than the innoculation booklet.
I shall have to be patient,I will post a photo just as soon as i can fathom out how to do it.:lol:

The breeder should have provided you with at least a 3 generation pedigree. I'd be inclined to give her a ring and ask for the pedigree to be forwarded to you and find out what's happening with the kitten registration...

Lampman
16-06-2007, 03:36 PM
As promised a photo of Casper (I hope)http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/Jeffstevens_2006/Casper-e-mail.jpg

Mags
16-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of putting Casper's photo on for all to see.....:D

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/31023Casper-e-mail.jpg

He is an absolute beauty, how old is he now?

Lampman
16-06-2007, 03:47 PM
He was born on the 5th of March 2007.He is now taking over the house!
We previously had a Persian Bluepoint for 16 years which is sadly missed.

Mags
16-06-2007, 03:52 PM
They are so much fun at that age and full of mischief too, enjoy the kitten years!!:lol:

dandysmom
16-06-2007, 04:31 PM
What a beautiful kitten' I've never sen a Siberian before. He has a very sweet face, and those large ears! Let us know how the papers are coming along, and do post some more pics! Oh, and welcome to Catsey!

Fran
16-06-2007, 04:54 PM
What a lovely kitten!!!

Jac
16-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Aww isn't he cute? You must be very proud of him. I look forward to seeing lots more photo's.

Welcome to Catsey:smt039

sarahd
16-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Hi Lampman
Can i just say it isnt unusual for a registration slip to be late coming from the GCCF at this moment in time.

I was on the phone to them on Friday trying to get Jypsi's reg number which they have had the transfer etc for since 21st May and still havent got it. Apparently there is a big back log at the moment with the Raggies so possible it could be with other breeds. They also told me that Bridgwater Post Service is on strike until monday when normal service should hopefully resume.

I would push for a pedigree though as no matter what status you buy a cat for it should come with at least a 3 gen pedigree most breeders do 4 or 5.

Welcome to Catsey btw

Sarah
x

random
16-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Welcome to Catsey! Casper is beautiful! Hope you get his paperwork sorted soon, can't really offer any more advice than has already been given.

Good luck!

tilly
16-06-2007, 08:28 PM
I can't offer any advice but wanted to say hi and that casper is a gorgeous kitten.

Hope you are enjoying catsey

Sally

alexgirl73
16-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Welcome to Catsey, and Casper is so gorgeous!!

dinahsmum
17-06-2007, 10:40 AM
He is a very lovely boy.
Is it Siberians which are supposd to be 'low-allergy'? Is that why you went in for that breed? We'd be interested to hear your experience

Lampman
17-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I've read that the Siberian breed is thought to have a non allergenic fur.Though this wasn't a factor in selecting a Siberian.
Our previous pet Persian was just the opposite,she moulted for England,regardless of how often she was groomed!:lol:
For those who have an interest in the Siberian I enclose this link.
http://www.silkiestar-siberian-cats.co.uk/index.html

Het
17-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Is it GCCF its registered with or TICA, my Maine Coon kitten was registered with TICA and it too months for it to come through, I am now trying to wade through it all to transfer to my name, because they seem to Be US based its all very complicated, they seem to want me to pay in dollars?????

Beautiful kitten though:D look forward to seeing more pictures of him

dandysmom
17-06-2007, 10:00 PM
TICA's the number two registry here in the States, after CFA. I didn't know they were in the UK also. They're more open to provisional breeds than CFA...my Dandy was registered in TICA, and now that you mention it, it did take quite a while to get his paperwork!

sarahd
19-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I think what the delay could be is that they are still what they class as a probabationary breed. They are recognised by the GCCF but not at the shows at the moment.
When the Siberians are shown they only get Merits and not PC's. The owners get a write up also on a pink sheet of paper so you can see what the judge thinks of the cat.
I have friends who bought Siberians and have just had their first litter and I know it took them quite a while to get their paperwork etc through.

Sarah
x

Lampman
01-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Just an update we have now received the papers and apart from a discrepancy in the birthdate all seems well.I must admit I was begining to think something was fishy and it wasn't Casper's food!
He is quite a character still full of boisterous tricks,and a bundle of fun.

dandysmom
01-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the update! Do post more pics; he's a gorgeous boy!

Mags
01-07-2007, 09:59 PM
So glad you have received the papers at long last and everything is in order!:D

Fran
01-07-2007, 10:01 PM
So glad you got the papers sorted out :cool: Did you get the pedigree from the breeder?