PDA

View Full Version : You'll never guess what Tilly nearly did

tilly
12-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I think Tilly must have a death wish as I had the oven door open a bit because I was grilling the cheese on my ravioli and I left the room for a second. I came back to find Tilly with one leg on the oven door and one on the cupboard next to the oven sticking her head in the oven. I nearly died as she looked like she was going to jump in the oven:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . Luckly she ran off when I shouted at her.

She seems to be Ok and not burnt but I will have a closer look later.

But you would think that she would have the sense not to get close to the hot oven.

Anyway I had better go and eat my dinner and have a stiff drink of something to calm my nerves.

Sally

tilly
12-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I have just managed to catch her and I am please to repoert all whisker and toes and burn free.

SAlly

alexgirl73
12-06-2007, 09:03 PM
good grief!! Cats!! i wouldn't have thought they'd go near a hot oven, a ring yes, 'cause they dont feel the heat until they've stepped on it, but the heat coming from an oven is kind of a giveaway!! Glad she's ok!

Mags
12-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Phew...that was a close thing Sally :lol: I expect she could smell the lovely aroma of grilled cheese :D

I'm glad she still has all her whiskers and toes though!!:D

Enjoy your dinner!:D

MrsH
12-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Antics like that are the reason cats have 9 lives! Glad no damage was done.

dandysmom
12-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Now that was really scary! I can't imagine why the heat didn't warn her off...am relieved that she's unscathed! Hope the ravioli and the stiff drink calmed your nerves .....:-D

tilly
12-06-2007, 09:13 PM
i wouldn't have thought they'd go near a hot oven, a ring yes, 'cause they dont feel the heat until they've stepped on it, but the heat coming from an oven is kind of a giveaway
That what I thought otherwise I would have stayed in the kitchen or shut her out.
But Tilly isn't the cleverest cat in the world. She is the one that when she was living at my parents house would sit in the middle of the road and not move when car came down the road she would just sit there and they would have to go round her.

Anway no harm was done to her just to my nerves which have calmed down now.

Sally

charliebubs
12-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh dear, they do like to check that we're paying attention to them don't they!?!?!?! lol

Glad she is okay - that ravioli must have smelt damn good to her!!!

Hope the stiff drink has calmed your nerves!!! ;)

Jac
12-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Gosh I've had a drink for you!!!! what a fright you must have got.
So glad she's ok. I would say it was a narrow eascape.

dandysmom
12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Gosh I've had a drink for you!!!! what a fright you must have got.
So glad she's ok. I would say it was a narrow eascape.

Good idea, Jac! I think I'll go have one now also ...:-D

Kim
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
What a fight for you! They don't have 9 nine lives for nothing you know!! ;) Glad she is okay.

Jac
12-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Cheers (clink clink)

tilly
12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
I think it is stiff ddrink al round and a thanks you to who ever gave cats nine live.

Cheershttp://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0014.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

Sally

dinahsmum
13-06-2007, 09:01 AM
What a fight for you! They don't have 9 nine lives for nothing you know!! ;) Glad she is okay.
That's true! What a daft girl - they let themselves down sometimes :roll:

Animagus
13-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Wow Am glad you caught her in time.... heartstoppers.... thats what they are lol

sammy
13-06-2007, 10:47 AM
This has reminded me of my very first cat many moons ago. At the time we were living in something of a rented slum with no central heating, so we would habitually have the oven on with the door open to get a bit of heat in the place. Can you guess what's coming next??

Yes, I found her curled up on the shelf in the oven! And it was a gas oven....:shock: And yes, the fur on her back was somewhat singed!

Glad Tilly had a bit more sense than that!

Mags
13-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Gosh....your poor cat could have roasted in there Sammy!!:shock::lol:

When it's very cold in the winter we turn the radiators up, they are so hot that you can only leave your hand on them for a second or two. I've lost count of the times that I've found Cassie curled up, sound asleep, pressed up against the hot radiator :shock: I know her fur would protect her a bit but surely it would burn her :?

Do cats feel the heat as we do?

dandysmom
13-06-2007, 04:00 PM
This has reminded me of my very first cat many moons ago. At the time we were living in something of a rented slum with no central heating, so we would habitually have the oven on with the door open to get a bit of heat in the place. Can you guess what's coming next??

Yes, I found her curled up on the shelf in the oven! And it was a gas oven....:shock: And yes, the fur on her back was somewhat singed!

Glad Tilly had a bit more sense than that!
OMG, Sammy!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!

dandysmom
13-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Gosh....your poor cat could have roasted in there Sammy!!:shock::lol:

When it's very cold in the winter we turn the radiators up, they are so hot that you can only leave your hand on them for a second or two. I've lost count of the times that I've found Cassie curled up, sound asleep, pressed up against the hot radiator :shock: I know her fur would protect her a bit but surely it would burn her :?

Do cats feel the heat as we do?
Good question, Mags, and I don't know the answer! Their normal body temperature is higher than ours(101, I think), but all of mine do and did the radiator thing, especially Misty...I used to tell her to get off, her blood was going to boil! But she never did! :roll:

mable1718
13-06-2007, 04:05 PM
that was a close one

Sweet
13-06-2007, 06:32 PM
:shock: bless, so glad to read all whiskers and paws are intact x

tilly
13-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I wonder if they can feel the heat as well but I also think Tilly is a rather stupid cat. She is very cute and very friendly but I am sure she has something missing upstairs!

Thanks for all your kind remarks as well she seems to be fine

Sally