PDA

View Full Version : Kittens - maybe!

Samz5
12-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Well my auntie has just been on the phone, someone she knows has 4 kittens that she can't find homes for and has said they will be drowned in 2 days if they can't find homes for them :shock:. Apparently they drowned the last litter of kittens they had, why they don't get there cat spayed I don't know.

So I'm sure I know what everyone of you would do, the same as me, I've offered to take all four and find homes for them, I will be phoning the local cat rescue the minute they open tomorrow and getting their help, can't just leave them to drown.
So now I'm just waiting for my aunt to phone these people and find out whats going on, but I said I will be in the area tomorrow so can pick them up then.
I have no idea how old they are or anything, I hope the cat rescue can just take them off me straight away but I am prepared to foster them short term.

Any of you people who already foster cats got any idea of how long it might take to rehome 4 kittens? When I agreed to take them it was a life/ death situation for the kittens, now I'm thinking I might end up stuck with 4 Kittens and I already have 4 cats!!

dandysmom
12-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh bless you for rescuing those kittens...what an awful woman!! Is there a CPL in your area? Best of luck, please keep us posted about the little ones!

Samz5
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
There is a CPL but its quite a way away from here, there is an independent rescue lady nearby and I'm sure she will be helpful as my vet recommended her, but they aren't open on Tuesdays.

dandysmom
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Again, bet of luck! Why doesn't that idiot woman get her cat spayed....boggles the mind, doesn't it?

charliebubs
12-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh my - poor kittens and poor cat :shock:

Good luck in collecting them and finding new homes for them all. I hope that the CPL can assist you.

random
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM
That is dreadful, how could anyone do that? I don't understand it. :cry:

dinahsmum
12-06-2007, 05:02 PM
What a terrible attitude. I hope they get the mother spayed now, or this will happen at lest once a year for the next 10.
Good vibes to you - I hope they all find nice homes

Mags
12-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Bless you for saving those poor kittens......how could that woman even consider doing that to them :mad: It makes you wonder what condition the poor mum is in too:(

Good luck with the kittens, I hope it won't be too long until they all have loving homes.......

tilly
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I have posted some links that mioght help you out a bit. Well done for offering to take the kitten and saving them from drowning. I think the lady who drowned the last lot should be ashamed of herself. But some peopl never learn I hope that the mother is spayed this time to stop anymore litter.

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/Centres/Felixstowe.asp
http://www.catchat.org/adoption/suffolk.html
http://www.animalrescuers.co.uk/html/cats.html
http://www.eaarc.com/animal_rescue_centres_suffolk.htm

Hope you can find a rescue centre to help you out. Best of luck and well done.

Sally

Samz5
12-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the links Sally, very helpful. Hopefully we can get these kittens homes very quickly, I don't want to risk falling for one (or more) of them!

Kazz
12-06-2007, 06:39 PM
What a terrible thing to threaten, but to carry it out - shame on them.

Hope your 4 kittens find loving forever homes. It does happen my Oz and Cleo were dumped in a black bin liner in a multi story car park their siblings were already dead in the bag. Oscar close to death. But they came to me and lived happily for the next 23 years or in Cleo's case almost 25 years. So happy endings do happen.

Kazz
12-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Very best of luck.

Kim
12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Well done for rescuing the poor things. Is there any way the owner could be persuaded to get the cat neutered??

Try CP, if not maybe an independent cat rescue or animal sanctuary could take them.

Sweet
13-06-2007, 06:46 PM
OMG im speechless, how could anyone do this.

I really hope you find loving caring homes for these little ones, please please keep us posted x

Jac
13-06-2007, 07:16 PM
That's how I ended up with kittens years ago. The guy I was seeing's mother's cat was expecting. She was going to not only drown the kittens but the mother too.
I stepped in and ended up with them all. I did find them all good homes.
Dumped him too as he was too much like his mum.

Samz5
14-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Jac - That is a shocking story, shame things like that still go, at least you saved them.
Well yesterday we visited the kittens, the mum cat was very pretty the owner said she was going to get her spayed asap so that is good.
One kitten had already found a home so there were only 3, we took them, 1 had a new home before the end of the day with my brother (who has been kept up all night with a kitten jumping on his head :lol:).
So we're babysitting the remaining 2, who are totally adorable and making both me and my b/f fight the urge to just keep them ourselves! Must stay strong!
We have 2 different people who are interested in taking both together already and when they see them I'm sure they will find it hard to say no!

Mags
14-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Well done to you for finding a home for one kitten with your brother and prospective owners lined up to take the remaining two kittens together....:D

You have saved these kittens from a tragic end...... a pat on the back to you!;)

I'm glad the owner has now seen sense and is going to get the mum cat spayed as soon as possible .........I only hope she keeps to her word and doesn't put it to the back of her mind :roll:

Animagus
14-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Words fail me...... I am glad you rescued them... how can anyone be so cruel.... disgusting

alexgirl73
14-06-2007, 06:22 PM
well done you. Hope they find lovely new homes soon.

Jac
14-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh well done. When people see kittens they just cant resist:lol: .

As for my ex'x mother she would have done it. She lived on a farm years ago and seemingly it was the "done" thing:shock:

dandysmom
14-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Very well done! Any chance of kitten pics of the remaining two before they get rehomed?