PDA

View Full Version : Smudgleys rescues 10th June

smudgley
10-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Update for you about the cats with me.

Oscar - still here & not reserved yet.

Midnight has gone today & 4 of her kittens have also gone this weekend. Still got 2 that are not yet reserved, they are nearly 10 weeks old.

Cara has been unwell & tests show she has a virus. :( She was going to go to a home with erins friend, but won't now.

Star is still here & doing well, her kittens are growing nicely, but none of them are reserved yet.

Mags
10-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the update Smudgley!

What a shame about Cara, is it a virus that she will recover from?

alexgirl73
11-06-2007, 12:17 AM
Nice to hear how they are doing Smudgley. Will Cara be ok, and what about the kittens?

dandysmom
11-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Poor Cara! Any idea what it is?

smudgley
11-06-2007, 08:08 AM
She is carryng a virus & will always do so. She may have clinical signs from time to time. She's ok. We are going to rehome her as an only cat.

The kittens will be ok. :cool:

mable1718
11-06-2007, 08:09 AM
nice to hear about smudgley will cara be ok

alexgirl73
11-06-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm glad she will be ok. Hope she finds a new home soon and poor Oscar of course.

tilly
11-06-2007, 08:31 AM
I am sure Cara will be fine as Tilly is a virus carrier as well and aside form the odd bout of illlness she get along fantastically.
Do you know what virus she carries as there is a treatment called interferon (sp) which can as far as I understand cure virus carriers. It is quite new my vet suggested it forTilly. But it only work well on certain viruses. it is also quite expensive.
What it involves are 6 ininjection spaced out over a period of time and the interferon finds the cells the have got the virus carrying bit and puts a sort of covering over them to stop them multiplying.
It might be worth asking your vetabout anyway

Sally

dinahsmum
11-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the update Sudgley.
Poor Cara - hope she feels better soon

Moli
11-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Good to hear some have gone to new homes, sure it will not be long till the rest are homed too.....

smudgley
11-06-2007, 09:02 AM
I am sure Cara will be fine as Tilly is a virus carrier as well and aside form the odd bout of illlness she get along fantastically.
Do you know what virus she carries as there is a treatment called interferon (sp) which can as far as I understand cure virus carriers. It is quite new my vet suggested it forTilly. But it only work well on certain viruses. it is also quite expensive.
What it involves are 6 ininjection spaced out over a period of time and the interferon finds the cells the have got the virus carrying bit and puts a sort of covering over them to stop them multiplying.
It might be worth asking your vetabout anyway

Sally

She carries the same virus as Tilly.
I am going to the vets with her today to discuss treatment options. Although some courses of treatment are £400 :?

Edit to add - Maybe she could come & live with Tilly. :shock:

Jac
11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the update. Poor Cara I hope they find something for her (and hope it's not too expencive)